I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I’m back and starting to recover from our wedding trip. We were going November 30th- December 7th. I was sick the entire time, but I had so much fun.

So here’s my wedding trip report.

November 30th
We had an early flight and landed at MCO at around 9:30. We had lunch at 50s Prime Time cafe with my siblings and dad. We did some rides at Hollywood studios together and DH and I then went off on our own.

December 1st
Everyone started to arrive this day. We all met at Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch. I think we had 30 people. We then took the boat to Mickeys very merry. Wrangling 30 people around the MK was awful. I also started getting sick at this point. Most of my family left before fireworks so we had a manageable 6 people for fireworks and the second parade which was great. I mostly focused on the rides. I didn’t have time to get treats. The new fireworks show was awesome.

December 2nd
We all started the day in Epcot. We got three rides done and headed towards the Hoop Dee Doo for dinner. We left the park at 2:30 for a 4pm show. A bus didn’t come until 3:05. It stopped first at wilderness lodge and then it broke down!!! I took my group of 30 and ran to the boat. We got to the Hoop dee doo at about 3:45. This was so stressful. I planned on being in the Magic Kingdom this day and having a Magic Kingdom dessert party but at 6 weeks out I found out that wasn’t happening so we moved to Epcot and Sunday we made our Magic Kingdom day even though it was supposed to be Epcot. My wedding planner and the entire Fairytale wedding team was a disaster, maybe I’ll do a write up on that later lol. The Hoop dee doo was great though. It’s the perfect place for big groups. They made a joke everyone was invited to our wedding. We then thankfully had a private charter bus after the Hoop dee doo to take up to the Epcot dessert party. It was cold outside so we had it in the spaceship earth lounge. They then walked us over to UK lochside for fireworks and we did Soarin after the fireworks. The charter bus stopped at everyone’s resort after which was really nice.

Wedding day!!
I didn’t get back to my room until like midnight. I had to wake up at 3:15 ish because my hair and makeup lady was arriving at 3:45. We paid for another room this night so I let DH sleep while I got my hair and makeup done. Our photographers got us at 5:45am and we had a photo shoot at the magic kingdom and Epcot. We were back at 8:30 and my family started to arrive at 9. We had the extra room to get ready in. 9:30 the photographers came back and did getting ready photos and photos around the Grand until the ceremony at noon. Cocktail hour was at 1. 2-6 was the reception. The day flew by. DH and I had planned to have a dinner alone but we were so tired we went to bed. Some people were doing the parks and we considered going but we had a relaxing night in the room and listened to the fireworks music on our balcony.

December 4th
We all met in animal kingdom. My siblings and cousins left later this day, but we all got to do Everest and flight of passage. We had lunch at Yak and Yeti which was awful. I normally enjoy Yak and Yeti, but I think with the big group the food quality took a dive lol We had a dinner with DHs brother SIL niece and nephew at Jiko. Jiko was amazing.

December 5th
This was the opening day of ROTR by the time we got to Hollywood boarding groups were done. I had no desire to wait on a 6 hour line so I didn’t get up early. When I found out they did boarding groups tho we decided to get up early the next day and go. We did TSL and star tours and had drinks in the cantina. The park was crazy, but it was manageable with our fastpasses. We got a 4th FP for tower of terror and our niece cried lol We then went to Epcot for the candellight processional with NPH. We had a dinning package at Chefs de France. This was really great. It’s a must do during Christmas time for us.

December 6th
We got up at 5am and left to catch the bus to Hollywood at 6am.
The bus was waiting for us there. We were the only ones on the bus and got to HS at 6:20. The park was supposed to open at 9, but people were being let in the park already when we got there. We scanned in and got boarding group 21. It took a few minutes for the app to recognize we were in the park. They were boarding 1-10 when we got in. We then rode slinky. We also did the falcon. After we went to wait outside ride of the resistance until our group was called. When our group was called we went in the line and grabbed another boarding group. We got group 30 the second time. after about 30 mins in line we were evacuated from the line. By the time we got evacuated at like 8:30 they were done with boarding groups for the day. When we got evacuated. They gave us a fastpass to come back attached to our magic bands. We came back when the ride opened and we were again kicked off the line and we were given another magic band fastpass to come back. Ride opens again so we come back for a third time. We get through the first preshow and the ride breaks again so we were given a paper fastpass for Rise of the resistance and a fastpass on our magic band for any other ride in HS( including the falcon) this paper fastpass allowed us to immediately get to the preshow when it reopened. After using our paper fastpass we went again because it was group 30s boarding time. Also the fastpasses were not being taken away after we rode so DH got to go a third time with his brothers family while I watched the baby. We even had the option to go a 4th time but we decided against that. We spent the whole day at Hollywood and even bought our niece a lightsaber. She loved it. She is 6 and I think she thinks everything is real so it was so cool for her. She did cry when the storm troopers said they were watching her lol We had dinner at Yatchsman with my Grandparents and Great aunt.

Our departure day was uneventful. We went to the magic kingdom and ate at the castle with DHs family. The meal was not good not the best character interactions and awful food. I had one bite of my chicken.

Overall, we had an amazing trip. It was so great celebrating with our families and friends for a week. The Epcot dessert party was definitely the highlight of the trip and better than the wedding lol If I got married again I would just do a solo ceremony and do a dessert party at all four parks lol

I'm glad you had a good time despite the glitches. In the years to come, those memories will turn into the things you laugh about! I can't wait to see more pics.

It sounds like 30 people might be much like herding cats! I am currently at Disneyland with DH and that's challenging enough. I can't wait until January for my first ever solo trip!

I love credit cards so much! THREAD REFRESH ANNOUNCEMENT...
I am planning to once again refresh this thread for 2020. At the end of last year we had a lot of discussions about whether a new thread made sense or not. Our original thread served us well for 30 months and generated 3,561 pages of comments. In this year alone we have almost matched that volume of comments. The nice part about a new thread is that as new people find us they don't trip into bad outdated information. We all know that the game can change rapidly.

With this thread refresh I would renew all the stickies on page 1 and update anything that needs to be updated. Otherwise our format and such would remain the same. The title would remain the same except we'd say "v3.0".

If anybody is OPPOSED to this idea please speak up now and state your reasons why (you're also welcome to vocalize support for doing this too, lol!) I will most likely complete this thread refresh as close to the new year as possible. Thanks everybody for a great 2019!!!

I expect post #2 to be a summary of the 3,500+ pages in this thread, and post #3 a summary of the V1 thread... Heck, while you are at it please make post #1 a summary of all the highlights to come this year so we can plan out accordingly and avoid any pitfalls. :rotfl2:I expect this can all be done by the end of the year still? Work is slow right?

I have to drive 11 miles/20 minutes to get to my nearest. Totally worth it. I drive even farther to go to Portillo’s 😀

THANKS!!! I was doing JUST FINE glossing over all the food talk and then there you go having to bring up Portillo's! Now I am just going to go sit and pout in the corner for awhile, none around here but I grew up around them in Chicago. :bored::badpc:

No sauce needed..... I'm not sure we can be friends anymore! 🤣
Probably no surprise that my fav sauce is the spicy Siracha. The CFA sauce is a close 2nd though! What is really good is the spicy chicken sandwich with the spicy sauce. If I’m in the mood for dairy, I add pepper jack cheese. And I’m always get extra pickles. Now I’m starving 🤪

I expect post #2 to be a summary of the 3,500+ pages in this thread, and post #3 a summary of the V1 thread... Heck, while you are at it please make post #1 a summary of all the highlights to come this year so we can plan out accordingly and avoid any pitfalls. :rotfl2:I expect this can all be done by the end of the year still? Work is slow right?

THANKS!!! I was doing JUST FINE glossing over all the food talk and then there you go having to bring up Portillo's! Now I am just going to go sit and pout in the corner for awhile, none around here but I grew up around them in Chicago. :bored::badpc:
We just got a Portillo's about 3 miles from my house. Chick fila and In-N- Out are within walking distance. I'm never moving.

We are thinking about going to US California before our trip to AUS. Any hotel recommendations in that area?

Well, I was doing fine also but now I have to go try this. They have 2 in the Tampa area and they have an Italian beef sandwich which I hope is to my liking. I may actually get it in jan or feb.

Thanks! I think it is super cheap in Jan so maybe we’ll get it a try. How is the pool? We are used to the nice pools at the USO resorts.

The pool is basically a big rectangle. Pretty big. I don't know if it's heated or not. The hot tub is off to the side a bit and there's some splash pad thing for younger kids (we're past that stage).

Overall I would say it's less resort-y than the USO resorts (less landscaped, less themed) but more resort-y than your average hotel (big pool, pool bar, table tennis and other games).

I don't know whether the weather will cooperate in January or not. Last New Year's we were there and it was hot (mid-80s). A few years before in December it was mid-50s.

You didn’t happen to try and stack it with another Target coupon? We went on Sat also and I thought great I’ll use the $20 off on $100 and the 20% Off. I gave her the $20 off, great. Gave her the 20% off, it won’t work. sadly, you can’t stack them. She took the $20 off so I could save the $100+ instead.

No other coupon. It sounded like they were having issues with that particular register. Good to know about the stacking issue for next year! We considered doing the $15 off $50 household but decided we didn’t really need that much.

Last edited:
Wondering if my husband and myself can both get the Delta Gold amex that is currently offering 70,000 miles ? We are thinking of a hawaii trip next winter ( possibly over christmas break) so looking for a great bonus to earn some miles :)

The pool is basically a big rectangle. Pretty big. I don't know if it's heated or not. The hot tub is off to the side a bit and there's some splash pad thing for younger kids (we're past that stage).

Overall I would say it's less resort-y than the USO resorts (less landscaped, less themed) but more resort-y than your average hotel (big pool, pool bar, table tennis and other games).

I don't know whether the weather will cooperate in January or not. Last New Year's we were there and it was hot (mid-80s). A few years before in December it was mid-50s.
Thanks! Yeah, I know it’s difficult to predict being able to swim in Jan and Feb. my boys would be happy with ping pong also. (Until DS gets upset that DH wins every time.)

Wondering if my husband and myself can both get the Delta Gold amex that is currently offering 70,000 miles ? We are thinking of a hawaii trip next winter ( possibly over christmas break) so looking for a great bonus to earn some miles :)

If you haven't had the card before then you should both be able to get it-assuming no pop op of course-Amex is hard to predict with those lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!