I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Staples Visa card deal has me thinking. The promo is on $200 cards. How do you use these on Plastiq payments? I have a few bills coming up over $1000. Can you combine the cards? I don’t have any MSR to meet but I wouldn’t mind the 5x Ink points.
Unfortunately you can’t combine them. Would be sweet if you could. That’s what I use serve and blue bird for.

You should be able to use them individually paying the 2.5% Plastiq fee. Though I would test one to be sure before buying a bunch, since in the past I’ve read reports of it not working for some people. I suspect it has to do with which bank issues the vgc.

You can't run VGCs through plastiq. At least the last time I tried (6 months ago?), it wouldn't process.

Approved for the Hilton Aspire. No pop up!

I'm slightly regretting not jumping on the no-AF link a few weeks ago, but I won't dwell on it. I didn't need to be poking the RAT. I also didn't have Hilton plans in 2020, and now I do. This card pays for itself and then some.

Congrats! I jumped on the no fee link awhile back (the road back under 5/24 is hard!). I know you go to Oahu a lot. Have you stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort? Thinking about using our FN cert there. Also if occupancy says max 4, would it be an issue if we have 5 (2 adults, 3 kids)? All kids under 5? They're too young to split up to a 2nd room...

Ugh it said no rain today and I look outside our hotel window to see it pouring. We’re supposed to be going to Epcot but I really don’t wanna walk around in the rain again

that is our plan for today too.....we are in the beach club lobby waiting for it to stop....per my ATC son-in-law around 11:45...we will see

Last edited:

Question for those with the experience booking ANA in Business Class- @calypso726 , @CaliforniaGirl09 , @Haley R:

View attachment 458417

In this shot above, as far as determining whether there is availability on the ANA flight, is there a difference between "Business Saver Award" and "Business Everyday Award"? Is this two ANA tickets in Business I am looking at or how does that work?

Thank you
I use United's availability calendar solely to figure out what ANA flights might have availability when I call Virgin (i.e. we didn't book our ANA flights through United, we booked them through Virgin). My suspicion is that only the "saver" award fare will have been released to Virgin for bookings, but it is definitely worth a call to Virgin to find out whether they have access to both seats. If you are booking through Virgin, don't forget that you can mix classes and departure cities. For my husband and son to Japan last summer, they flew from SFO to NRT in business and flew back from NRT to LAX in first.

As I get closer I am more and more nervous. The availability for one ticket is (this far) restricted to a few week days in early November. When I put in 2 tickets, there is one day (November 3) I can fly out of LAX and a choice of three days (November 4, 5, 6) I can fly back into LAX. Right now I'm holding out for LAX but I think either SFO or IAH might be reasonable options also. If I manage to get the Aspire, I hope to use the airline credit for the SW flights to any of those departure airports. At least I am assuming SW flies to those.... Guess I'll find out!

See my above for what we did with mixing of classes/US cities

So, here is a question about seats on a flight. (I'm still looking to Japan).

The website will tell me which kind of aircraft the flight is, but when I google the seat map for that aircraft, all the ones I see (Boeing 777-300ER is the specific one I am looking at), there are 4 seating options for that aircraft. Is there any way to tell/know which seating arrangement a specific flight will have? It's so weird to me, but then I rarely fly!

And I thought the business class arrangement was odd- in first, the window seats are all singles! If we "have" to fly first one direction or the other, I don't know what my husband will have to say about that!

BTW, assuming I get flights, when are the seats assigned? At time of "purchase"?
I look at Seatguru and then I double check by going on the airline website to do a fake revenue booking to pull up the seating chart. Works most of the time.

That helps! Thank you!

Yeah I've been looking at that seating arrangement for some time... it's weird to me but like I said... I don't fly much and when I do, it's economy all the way!

Good to know about choosing on the website- thank you

That's cool about him picking his meal!! Did you not pick yours, too?

We did the same re seats and meals once the flights were booked through Virgin. They gave us the ANA booking reference/PNR and we went on the ANA website to take care of everything. If I remember right, ANA also has a pre-checkin thing that you can do that will check you in. I remember it being a little confusing, but it worked. I was also doing a JAL check in though so I could be remembering wrong. DS and DH were on ANA, while DD and I were on JAL.

I use United's availability calendar solely to figure out what ANA flights might have availability when I call Virgin (i.e. we didn't book our ANA flights through United, we booked them through Virgin). My suspicion is that only the "saver" award fare will have been released to Virgin for bookings, but it is definitely worth a call to Virgin to find out whether they have access to both seats. If you are booking through Virgin, don't forget that you can mix classes and departure cities. For my husband and son to Japan last summer, they flew from SFO to NRT in business and flew back from NRT to LAX in first.

See my above for what we did with mixing of classes/US cities

I look at Seatguru and then I double check by going on the airline website to do a fake revenue booking to pull up the seating chart. Works most of the time.

We did the same re seats and meals once the flights were booked through Virgin. They gave us the ANA booking reference/PNR and we went on the ANA website to take care of everything. If I remember right, ANA also has a pre-checkin thing that you can do that will check you in. I remember it being a little confusing, but it worked. I was also doing a JAL check in though so I could be remembering wrong. DS and DH were on ANA, while DD and I were on JAL.
Thank you!!! I am checking the United site daily!!!

Yes ma'am, the one I screen shotted was definitely ANA! Thank you!

As I get closer I am more and more nervous. The availability for one ticket is (this far) restricted to a few week days in early November. When I put in 2 tickets, there is one day (November 3) I can fly out of LAX and a choice of three days (November 4, 5, 6) I can fly back into LAX. Right now I'm holding out for LAX but I think either SFO or IAH might be reasonable options also. If I manage to get the Aspire, I hope to use the airline credit for the SW flights to any of those departure airports. At least I am assuming SW flies to those.... Guess I'll find out!

Do you have an idea how much these re-positioning flights will be? I'm thinking probably more than $250 for the 2 of you round trip? You may want to get the Aspire now so you can store up this year's credit. It'll only work for SW though and the credit will be tied to the person and expire in one year. So you'll have to be reasonably sure you can use it.

I am hoping that the rain in the morning only forecast is correct for tomorrow so that we can enjoy AKL and go swimming.
It’s not supposed to rain anymore today so that’s good. My shoes are soaked but there’s nothing I can do about it. We’ve eaten some things in Epcot that were decent. We were gonna do HS tomorrow morning (not early) because we have a TSMM fp and we’ve never seen any of the shows there. It’ll depend on the rain and if we decide we just want to go home. I’m excited to ride the skyliner for the first time today!

Yes ma'am, the one I screen shotted was definitely ANA! Thank you!

We flew southwest to get to LAX for our Japan flight.

It’s not supposed to rain anymore today so that’s good. My shoes are soaked but there’s nothing I can do about it. We’ve eaten some things in Epcot that were decent. We were gonna do HS tomorrow morning (not early) because we have a TSMM fp and we’ve never seen any of the shows there. It’ll depend on the rain and if we decide we just want to go home. I’m excited to ride the skyliner for the first time today!

Blow dryer?

I hate wet shoes. Though I guess dry socks makes it a little better.

I meant there’s nothing I can do while I’m in the park lol. We packed two pairs of shoes but the other pair got soaked last night. My socks are soaked all the way through too. I’ve kind of gotten used to it but my feet are a little wrinkly lol

I'd be buying socks! I was on a tour once in pouring rain, ended up with 2 pairs of souvenir socks, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter