• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at 600k at one point from a BUNCH of CC bonuses back in 2013-2017. I actually only use SW pts for 2 flights a year and I’ve had a CP for the past 2 years so we were only using about 80k a year. Our 3rd flight each year is paid for as part of a larger family trip/gift. We were actually earning faster than we were burning until last year.

So I’ve just now seen my balance drop below 400k for the first time in a long time. I bracketed it like that rather than going into this level of detail lol. Basically I’m in spend down mode now.
Good enough response. Basically you’ve got points left from the good old days lol.

we usually don’t travel so much, but we got Disney annual passes this year, so we’re taking some extra trips. And my parents go to Fl for the winter so we usually go visit there once or twice also.

Regarding the AA shutdowns, I understand why they want to keep the thread private, but can someone on here (is there someone on here who knows what's going on over there) summarize or something and post in Dischurners? Or would that also not be ok? I know I'm small potatoes in the AA world, but I would like to know what's going on just in case it's something that might affect me.
If you broadcast items shared in that group on any other Internet forum you will be banned from there and r/churning. How many personal mailers did you use in the last year that were intended for other recipients? How many fake accounts did you create for nefarious purposes? And did you ultimately then do nefarious things? As “small potatoes”, you probably are nowhere near the target of people being affected. If anybody thinks they truly are at risk send me a PM and confess your sins. I will gladly give you my read on your risk level. :D

Good enough response. Basically you’ve got points left from the good old days lol.

we usually don’t travel so much, but we got Disney annual passes this year, so we’re taking some extra trips. And my parents go to Fl for the winter so we usually go visit there once or twice also.
The good old days were very good... But I heard that the times, they are a chaangin’ from some crazy old churner recently... 🤣

Chase response when I SM about not getting credit for BJs offer since they split my purchase into multiple shipments

While the BJ's Wholesale offer was activated, the purchase were made after the expiration of the offer. The BJ's Wholesale offer was active for purchases made within the dates of November 4, 2019 to December 19, 2019. Your purchase appears to have been made November 22, 2019, three days following expiration of the promotional offer.

I’m a like 🤦‍♀️ But also >:(

Okay last Aspire question, I SWEAR! I got the card on 12/15 (from looking at my spreadsheet). So does that mean I could use the $250 resort credit before 12/15 (like tomorrow) and then again after 12/15? Or is it 2019 and then 2020? Sorry, I'm confused on this one. I blame the blonde.....

I'll offset my question by sharing the cool light I made for my son today in class. And now EVERYONE on my FB wants me to make them one, LOL. View attachment 458474

What laser do you use? I love making those lights!

IMG_0995.jpgIMG_1051.jpg

Chase response when I SM about not getting credit for BJs offer since they split my purchase into multiple shipments

While the BJ's Wholesale offer was activated, the purchase were made after the expiration of the offer. The BJ's Wholesale offer was active for purchases made within the dates of November 4, 2019 to December 19, 2019. Your purchase appears to have been made November 22, 2019, three days following expiration of the promotional offer.

It sounds like you are talking to Sears!

So now you have to educate them on how a calendar works???

If you broadcast items shared in that group on any other Internet forum you will be banned from there and r/churning. How many personal mailers did you use in the last year that were intended for other recipients? How many fake accounts did you create for nefarious purposes? And did you ultimately then do nefarious things? As “small potatoes”, you probably are nowhere near the target of people being affected. If anybody thinks they truly are at risk send me a PM and confess your sins. I will gladly give you my read on your risk level. :D

Thank you. Even your little list here helps a lot. I won't post over there - I'd never do that in any case let alone this one. I saw last night that it had gone private and assumed it was to protect people and not inform AA about what to look for.

I guess the horrible way AA treated us in May led us to not want to bother with the train. Silver lining maybe? DH's flight last weekend on SW would have been cheaper on AA, but he's sticking to the "not flying AA" mantra and I can't blame him. I have a bunch of AA points and can't ever seem to use them for flights. I'm hoping we can use them for a DL hotel some time in the future.

Last edited:
Has anyone done the TD bonus? I transferred the money from my Chase account to TD Bank. I checked and it coded as a transfer (not ACH). Any idea if I'll get the $300.00 bonus? I don't know how to trigger an ACH with TD Bank, but can do more research if the Chase transfer doesn't work.

According to DoC, Chase works. The downside of TD Bank is although they are very reliable with payouts, they will make you wait the full 60+ days for the bonus to post. So using a not-real DD is rolling the dice because you'll be out your eligibility period.

But given just how many positive DPs there are of Chase, I think you're good.

hurning times are a chaangin' by @SouthFayetteFan
You have way too much time on your hands. Go do some Christmas shopping or make some cookies or something holiday! 🎄
It sounds like you are talking to Sears!
Sears likes me. They send me “free points” all the time. 🙄
So now you have to educate them on how a calendar works???
Apparently. I politely replied that the offer is still in my account and expires 3 days from now, thus was active when I made my purchase.

OMG, other than the haha happy face this reminds me of our 2 but almost 3 year old! Her response to anything she is unhappy about is 'this saddens me' and 'you are making me angry'. Meanwhile, 3 almost 4 year old's favorites are 'oh, that's so beautiful" and 'so awesome!'.

I believe this is a direct result of watching too much Peppa Pig somewhere.
Lol, I have heard Peppa is having a British invasion on our newest generation. My 2 yr old DGD was playing with me ;) and there was a noise in the kitchen. She - What's that noise? Me - I don't know. She - Let's have a look. Nobody in our immediate family has ever said "Let's have a look."

Do you have an idea how much these re-positioning flights will be? I'm thinking probably more than $250 for the 2 of you round trip? You may want to get the Aspire now so you can store up this year's credit. It'll only work for SW though and the credit will be tied to the person and expire in one year. So you'll have to be reasonably sure you can use it.
Well, right now if I look at SW for the latest dates they have available (August), it would be $69/person one way to fly out to LAX and, while not ideal timing, there are also fares for $96/person to fly back.

My understanding is that those Aspire airline credits CAN be used for SW flights under about $102 or something? So I would expect, by booking far enough ahead (as soon as I have my ANA flights and the Southwest calendar goes out far enough), that there would be those relatively inexpensive Wanna Get Away flights. Is there a flaw in my reasoning? (I honestly don't have a complete understanding of the airline credit but I believe that will work. I have to purchase the SW flights with the Aspire and Southwest will bill each flight (direction) separately so it'll show as 4 transactions of $69 each?)

So what's the point of having categories if you're just going to make up points prices on the fly anyway?

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-bonvoy-terms-higher-award-pricing/
They kept categories but with dynamic peak and off-peak pricing and preference towards points caps rather than category caps... and now they can just price any resort they "select" at any amount of points because they can... it doesn't seem like category levels have any meaning. Why are they there?

Yes ma'am, the one I screen shotted was definitely ANA! Thank you!

As I get closer I am more and more nervous. The availability for one ticket is (this far) restricted to a few week days in early November. When I put in 2 tickets, there is one day (November 3) I can fly out of LAX and a choice of three days (November 4, 5, 6) I can fly back into LAX. Right now I'm holding out for LAX but I think either SFO or IAH might be reasonable options also. If I manage to get the Aspire, I hope to use the airline credit for the SW flights to any of those departure airports. At least I am assuming SW flies to those.... Guess I'll find out!

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding. Are you waiting for the return flight to become available before booking? Or are your real dates not out yet. If the latter then ok. If you are waiting on return flights though, you are braver than I am. I also don’t have much flexibility on my travel dates. When my outbound date became available I called Virgin and booked it with a same day return so I wouldn’t lose the outbound flight. I had no problem changing the return flight and paying the $50 fee. I was afraid that by the time the return flight opened up my outbound would no longer be available.

That's what I've been telling him..... instead I booked a cruise to somewhere new that he's never been...which he complained about also. Until I told him I'm going no matter what,and I can think of 20 people that would be thrilled to take his place lol. Then he stopped complaining. I honestly travel less than my personal inclination b/c he just isn't a big traveler. And every once in a while I do go with others instead....
Finally someone I can commiserate with. My DH hates to travel, he's so difficult when it comes to discussing options that I have completely given up. Lucky for me, my BFF's DH is every bit as difficult as mine so we just say screw it and do what we want. They are happy, we are happy, it's a win-win.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding. Are you waiting for the return flight to become available before booking? Or are your real dates not out yet. If the latter then ok. If you are waiting on return flights though, you are braver than I am. I also don’t have much flexibility on my travel dates. When my outbound date became available I called Virgin and booked it with a same day return so I wouldn’t lose the outbound flight. I had no problem changing the return flight and paying the $50 fee. I was afraid that by the time the return flight opened up my outbound would no longer be available.
No, my ideal dates haven't opened yet. I am hoping to travel around November 16-November 30 (ish)

Based on what you said way back (ha!) when I first joined this thread, I plan to book both an outbound and a return as soon as I can find one (so for example book outbound November 16 and a return for November 17) and then change my return when those later return dates open up (for a fee). I believe I understood you to say that's what I should do?

So, here is a question about seats on a flight. (I'm still looking to Japan).

The website will tell me which kind of aircraft the flight is, but when I google the seat map for that aircraft, all the ones I see (Boeing 777-300ER is the specific one I am looking at), there are 4 seating options for that aircraft. Is there any way to tell/know which seating arrangement a specific flight will have? It's so weird to me, but then I rarely fly!

And I thought the business class arrangement was odd- in first, the window seats are all singles! If we "have" to fly first one direction or the other, I don't know what my husband will have to say about that!

BTW, assuming I get flights, when are the seats assigned? At time of "purchase"?

When you do the search on UA, click on the “seats” for the ANA flight. This will show you the configuration. Then, you can compare what you see there to what it looks like on Seat Guru and you’ll be able to figure out which version of what plane you are flying.

No, my ideal dates haven't opened yet. I am hoping to travel around November 16-November 30 (ish)

Based on what you said way back (ha!) when I first joined this thread, I plan to book both an outbound and a return as soon as I can find one (so for example book outbound November 16 and a return for November 17) and then change my return when those later return dates open up (for a fee). I believe I understood you to say that's what I should do?

Oh that’s good. I didn’t even wait for a next day return. I booked a same day return LOL

When you do the search on UA, click on the “seats” for the ANA flight. This will show you the configuration. Then, you can compare what you see there to what it looks like on Seat Guru and you’ll be able to figure out which version of what plane you are flying.

oh! *runs off to try that*

ETA: "You'll be able to select your seats later on in the booking process"

Oh well!

Oh that’s good. I didn’t even wait for a next day return. I booked a same day return LOL
Well honestly the way things are going I might end up doing that. I'm practically ready to book an outbound for November 3 and a return for November 6 and have to move them both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter