I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those with the experience booking ANA in Business Class- @calypso726 , @CaliforniaGirl09 , @Haley R:

View attachment 458417

In this shot above, as far as determining whether there is availability on the ANA flight, is there a difference between "Business Saver Award" and "Business Everyday Award"? Is this two ANA tickets in Business I am looking at or how does that work?

Thank you

Since there are other partners with UA that will show up at 80k saver award you want to make sure you are looking at an ANA flight. Search for the flight using US gateway ariports for ANA. When the results populate make sure non stop is checked and with stops is unchecked as in the example below. Make sure the fight is operated by Al Nippon Airways which you can see where I have circled below. If it doesn't specifically say operated ny Al Nippon Airways then it is not an ANA flight. If the flight has a connection it is not likely on you can book with Virgin Atlantic.

lax to hnd.JPG

Since other than grand villas and there are only 7 of those, BWV is almost all lock offs with the exception of a very few dedicated studios and one bedrooms in odd places, they are playing the game of reducing 2 bedroom costs and upping studios and 1 bedrooms. Since you basically can't get a 2 bedroom once all studios are gone, they are essentially forcing people to use up their points that would go further and as intended with the old system. I believe this change was fought successfully 2 years back and it was delayed to 2021. Not sure what the status of the fight is now. What it amounts to is increasing the overall points at BWV, although it is masked usage. I haven't been on the DVC boards to see if anyone is complaining right now - too busy with the grands and right now they are sleeping so I can 'think' and read for a few minutes. They will be up very shortly - surprised the youngest is not out here yet.

There have been several reallocations at BWV since I purchased in 2000. Non of them have benefited me. Reallocations at other resorts are more across the board because of dedicated rooms. Even at Poly with just 20 bungalows, it's a barely noticeable change, since the ratio of rooms is so great. A two bedroom at BWV is almost fictional.
Leave it to Disney to figure out how to get more from what appeared to be an iron clad commitment regarding points usage. In the past we always stayed in 1 or 2 bedrooms, currently our use has been for grand villas but going forward I will likely be using an occasional studio for when I am staying at the vaca house but want to hang a WDW for a couple of days. I will go check out the new chart.

I'm so glad you checked. AA is notorious for NOT notifying people of changes, cancellations and stuff like that. :( Did they take away the seats that you had already booked though? Because that's really not ok even if it does work out.

I’m honestly not sure... I think she may have screwed that up herself and was afraid to admit it/backtrack, but by that point I’d just decided to go with it. She just told me she’d help me get rebooked and had me pick out the seats I wanted and everything. It wasn’t until the dust had settled that I was like “ok, and I assume these flights are at the same time.” She said “the outbound flight is at 1:45 AM and the incoming flight is at 6:30 pm.” I was like “WHOA, that was not the original time of my flight!” She went back and looked and said “uhhh no it isn’t but there isn’t any availability on that flight anymore...” Not really sure how that’s possible, but like I said, it’s really not terrible for me to be getting to Tokyo 12 hours earlier and still in first class. I just decided to let it go rather than press the issue.

2 questions...

First does anyone know on the Amex Delta credit cards if you can use the statement credit on a gift card?
Second anyone have advice on how early to line up for the last candlelight (8:15) ceremony to ensure a seat?

Thanks and Happy Friday.

Since there are other partners with UA that will show up at 80k saver award you want to make sure you are looking at an ANA flight. Search for the flight using US gateway ariports for ANA. When the results populate make sure non stop is checked and with stops is unchecked as in the example below. Make sure the fight is operated by Al Nippon Airways which you can see where I have circled below. If it doesn't specifically say operated ny Al Nippon Airways then it is not an ANA flight. If the flight has a connection it is not likely on you can book with Virgin Atlantic.

View attachment 458437
Yes ma'am, the one I screen shotted was definitely ANA! Thank you!

As I get closer I am more and more nervous. The availability for one ticket is (this far) restricted to a few week days in early November. When I put in 2 tickets, there is one day (November 3) I can fly out of LAX and a choice of three days (November 4, 5, 6) I can fly back into LAX. Right now I'm holding out for LAX but I think either SFO or IAH might be reasonable options also. If I manage to get the Aspire, I hope to use the airline credit for the SW flights to any of those departure airports. At least I am assuming SW flies to those.... Guess I'll find out!

Here the language:

With your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, enjoy up to $250 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Hilton Resorts.‡

So unless you opened your Aspire on 12/31, you have some time still to use it.

So it's based on anniversary and not calendar year? I got my card last December making the triple dip possible. Was the triple dip only on airline credits? I know I likely won't be able to sneak out the last $250. That's okay as I did get $500, and I did get the free night and the extra credits at a Waldorf. So I got my "$450" out of it.

2 questions...

First does anyone know on the Amex Delta credit cards if you can use the statement credit on a gift card?
Second anyone have advice on how early to line up for the last candlelight (8:15) ceremony to ensure a seat?

Thanks and Happy Friday.

I was able to....but that was before it not working was happening. I did it on both the personal gold and biz gold (biz gold was this past spring).

Okay last Aspire question, I SWEAR! I got the card on 12/15 (from looking at my spreadsheet). So does that mean I could use the $250 resort credit before 12/15 (like tomorrow) and then again after 12/15? Or is it 2019 and then 2020? Sorry, I'm confused on this one. I blame the blonde.....

I'll offset my question by sharing the cool light I made for my son today in class. And now EVERYONE on my FB wants me to make them one, LOL. IMG_2035.jpg

So it's based on anniversary and not calendar year? I got my card last December making the triple dip possible. Was the triple dip only on airline credits? I know I likely won't be able to sneak out the last $250. That's okay as I did get $500, and I did get the free night and the extra credits at a Waldorf. So I got my "$450" out of it.
Correct, you would be triple dipping the airline credit if you wait and close in early Jan, if possible, since that is calendar year- so Dec 2018 $250, Jan-Dec 2019 $250 and Jan 2020 $250. Then resort credit is anniversary so say 12/9/18-12/8/19 and then 12/9/19-12/8/20 (I totally made up that date.

I'm seriously considering going to Europe for Thanksgiving week next year. I'm waiting for those dates to come out to see what's available and affordable.

we went to London and Paris for thanksgiving last year and I loved it! We saw Hamilton Thanksgiving Day, and I loved seeing the Christmas lights and decorations around both cities. I have loved looking back on memories that pop up! Do it!

Okay last Aspire question, I SWEAR! I got the card on 12/15 (from looking at my spreadsheet). So does that mean I could use the $250 resort credit before 12/15 (like tomorrow) and then again after 12/15? Or is it 2019 and then 2020? Sorry, I'm confused on this one. I blame the blonde.....

I'll offset my question by sharing the cool light I made for my son today in class. And now EVERYONE on my FB wants me to make them one, LOL. View attachment 458474
i think I already answered this but if you have a resort stay booked you can call and try and get them to apply $250 ASAP and then on 12/16 or so call and apply another $250. Unless you are keeping the card, then just use it during your stay before 12/15/20.

2 questions...

Thanks and Happy Friday.
No help on the second question, but for your first - yes, if you're buying from a desktop (or desktop view). If you get the mobile site they process through cashstar still I believe and it wouldn't be a Delta purchase. Last I heard was still do it desktop to be safe.

I was able to....but that was before it not working was happening. I did it on both the personal gold and biz gold (biz gold was this past spring).
That's a different credit. The Delta credit cards issued by AmEx have a statement credit for a Delta purchase as part of the sign up bonus. So it just needs to be something charged by Delta to trigger it.
It's a neat credit as it's a single purchase type credit, so if you bought an overpriced soda on a flight for say $5, you'll trigger the full statement credit ($50 or $100 depends on the card).

It's been pouring here on and off for the last 2 days. It's pretty unusual for this much rain in December; hopefully you'll have great weather tomorrow (when is your party?).
:sad: heading to FL east coast tomorrow..... I reallllllyyyyy hope it doesn't rain as much as the predictions are saying:scared: I think we're dragging bad weather down with us! At least it's warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter