I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhhh, I was at Target FOREVER today. Had the hardest time with the dumb circle app. I don't know if it was my phone's fault or the app. But I wasted a good amount of time trying to get it to load so I could add some offers. It worked for about an hour, then just quit. I kept getting circle of death. Even restarted my phone. Was about to abandon my cart and leave then miraculously started working again. Then I get to the registers and there is seriously ONE open register. With a long line. By the time I finally got to the registers I was in a hurry to leave to pick up DS. I had my phone ready to show for the offers and she said just put your number in and the offers should load. Great, fine. Did that and asked are you sure that worked? Yes, your total is $xxx,xx Ugg, just tried to get to $100 for a $20 off coupon, ended up getting to $200. And I pulled out my CIP I am working MSR on and pay for it so I can leave. Fast forward 3 hours I am sitting at home realizing that I freaking loaded the app with my $300 giftcard on the way into the store so I could use it today. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Totally forgot in the moment with trying to get out of there quickly. I really try to stay away from target and now I have $300 plus a $50 giftcard my dad gave me that I was going to use up too. And looking at my receipt I see that the circle coupons worked, but I also had an extra 5% coupon that did not work. I am really ticked. That is almost $10 that I should have had off. She told me that the phone number will pull the offers. My rant for the day. Thanks for listening, nobody else will. lol
I feel your pain.... for some reason I love/hate Target deals b/c I can't resist them but they always end up being a pain! I finished up spending there on Tuesday myself, and while I got a great deal overall it was a pain. (and I couldn;t get the stupid app to work right either)

That's a different credit. The Delta credit cards issued by AmEx have a statement credit for a Delta purchase as part of the sign up bonus. So it just needs to be something charged by Delta to trigger it.
It's a neat credit as it's a single purchase type credit, so if you bought an overpriced soda on a flight for say $5, you'll trigger the full statement credit ($50 or $100 depends on the card).

Oh well that changes everything! Need to book an award flight anyway so the taxes should trigger the credit if I understand that correctly?

With my last post in mind...I will revisit a separate topic... if you are self-supporting with Chase you might be playing with fire. It just doesn't seem to be worth the risk! I know it's only available on a handful of cards anyways... just know the risks if you decide to do it! This game can and will change on a dime! Things that seemed unfathomable are now reality with certain issuers.
to clarify-by self support you mean your own acct? it's ok between spouses?

So, here is a question about seats on a flight. (I'm still looking to Japan).

The website will tell me which kind of aircraft the flight is, but when I google the seat map for that aircraft, all the ones I see (Boeing 777-300ER is the specific one I am looking at), there are 4 seating options for that aircraft. Is there any way to tell/know which seating arrangement a specific flight will have? It's so weird to me, but then I rarely fly!

And I thought the business class arrangement was odd- in first, the window seats are all singles! If we "have" to fly first one direction or the other, I don't know what my husband will have to say about that!

BTW, assuming I get flights, when are the seats assigned? At time of "purchase"?

2 questions...

First does anyone know on the Amex Delta credit cards if you can use the statement credit on a gift card?
Second anyone have advice on how early to line up for the last candlelight (8:15) ceremony to ensure a seat?

Thanks and Happy Friday.

In 2017, we went the last night to see Chandra Wilson and maybe got in line an hour before. In 2018, we went to see Jodi Benson who performed after Christmas (but not the last night) and again we got in line probably an hour before. I don't think it is as busy after Christmas. Also, the fireworks are in MK on Dec 30th so that pulls some of the crowd away from Epcot. I think the 8:15 is the least busy show. Keep in mind we have seen the CP several times, so we didn't want to wait a long time. You could always plan to be in the back of Epcot around that time and see how long the line looks.

Not @Haley R
But it rained a lot last night, my sister went last night with her kids and grandchildren....they arrived at 4, had dinner at liberty tree tavern and left at 9
She said the lines were short

We watched the fireworks at 10 from our balcony at VWL
this reminds me of my one and only paid Disney party..Pirates and Princess (Now you know it's old) it was POURING. We just wore our pool sandals and ponchos and got soaked. Still had fun, but it was memorable.

The website will tell me which kind of aircraft the flight is, but when I google the seat map for that aircraft, all the ones I see (Boeing 777-300ER is the specific one I am looking at), there are 4 seating options for that aircraft. Is there any way to tell/know which seating arrangement a specific flight will have? It's so weird to me, but then I rarely fly!

And I thought the business class arrangement was odd- in first, the window seats are all singles! If we "have" to fly first one direction or the other, I don't know what my husband will have to say about that!

BTW, assuming I get flights, when are the seats assigned? At time of "purchase"?

Remind me if you're looking at ANA or JAL.

Not @Haley R
But it rained a lot last night, my sister went with her kids and grandchildren....they arrived at 4, had dinner at liberty tree tavern and left at 9
She said the lines were short

We watched the fireworks at 10 from our balcony at VWL
It rained consistently from 5-10. I can’t ride much so we mainly walked around getting free treats. We did meet a couple of characters. I still had fun but that’s only because it finally stopped raining enough to watch the fireworks and last parade.

If you go to https://www.seatguru.com/, it will help you with the seating.

when I booked my Qantas and United flights for AUS, I selected the seats during the booking process. For United, we have 3 different planes so I went through each flight selecting our 3 seats.

The Staples Visa card deal has me thinking. The promo is on $200 cards. How do you use these on Plastiq payments? I have a few bills coming up over $1000. Can you combine the cards? I don’t have any MSR to meet but I wouldn’t mind the 5x Ink points.

I can’t answer your question about the type of aircraft because I’m not sure but we flew business and both had a window seat. All of our business window seats were single seats so Dh was behind me. I just had to turn around if I wanted to see him. As far as seat assignments, once we booked it through virgin I was able to look up our reservation on ANA’s website. We picked our own seats on their website and Dh even picked his meal.

If you go to https://www.seatguru.com/, it will help you with the seating.

when I booked my Qantas and United flights for AUS, I selected the seats during the booking process. For United, we have 3 different planes so I went through each flight selecting our 3 seats.

That helps! Thank you!
I can’t answer your question about the type of aircraft because I’m not sure but we flew business and both had a window seat. All of our business window seats were single seats so Dh was behind me. I just had to turn around if I wanted to see him. As far as seat assignments, once we booked it through virgin I was able to look up our reservation on ANA’s website. We picked our own seats on their website and Dh even picked his meal.
Yeah I've been looking at that seating arrangement for some time... it's weird to me but like I said... I don't fly much and when I do, it's economy all the way!

Good to know about choosing on the website- thank you

That's cool about him picking his meal!! Did you not pick yours, too?

That helps! Thank you!

Yeah I've been looking at that seating arrangement for some time... it's weird to me but like I said... I don't fly much and when I do, it's economy all the way!

Good to know about choosing on the website- thank you

That's cool about him picking his meal!! Did you not pick yours, too?
I wasn’t sure if I’d like flying in front of him but it really wasn’t too bad. It gave us some time to sleep and relax on our own. This was our first time flying anything besides economy. We normally fly allegiant or frontier lol.

I’m really picky and nothing appealed to me so I ordered when we got on the plane.

The Staples Visa card deal has me thinking. The promo is on $200 cards. How do you use these on Plastiq payments? I have a few bills coming up over $1000. Can you combine the cards? I don’t have any MSR to meet but I wouldn’t mind the 5x Ink points.
Unfortunately you can’t combine them. Would be sweet if you could. That’s what I use serve and blue bird for.

You should be able to use them individually paying the 2.5% Plastiq fee. Though I would test one to be sure before buying a bunch, since in the past I’ve read reports of it not working for some people. I suspect it has to do with which bank issues the vgc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter