I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting update on Hilton site..... I went back and looked at my date ranges again for Grand Wailea, it must have been a glitch when I looked before b/c the month was wide open for points rooms... (95k per nite) (Nov 2020) now I'm seriously considering heading back there next winter. I can't seem to stay away....

Just did a chat with AmEx to see if property taxes would quality towards a free weekend certificate with Hilton and was told that "paying taxes" is excluded. That seems to be a very broad exclusion, but not worth paying the cc fee and not getting the free night. Booo

I think they are mistaken. These are the terms for the free night, which look the same as for MSR. I've done property taxes and/or federal taxes for 6 SUBs now, which have all posted.

"Eligible purchases to meet the purchase requirement are for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of other cash equivalents."

DH’s AF posted a week ago on his Amex Plat. If someone could guide me through what I need to have him do, I’d really appreciate it. He has until his next statement close to do something, right?

It would have to be a really good retention offer for us to keep this card. I just don’t think it would be worth it for us, even with the trip to Europe on the horizon (May/June). He has 3x,xxx MR in that account. We’re not set on keeping an MR earning card (although I got an email offer for the personal gold card w/ 50k SUB that is tempting me...I finished my $6k grocery spend on my BCP in early November). We also get no good out of the Uber credit on the plat. We’re just too rural. My son in Nashville could maybe use it but he never seems interested. I’d rather have the restaurant credit from the gold. Last time I checked (last night), he doesn’t have the newest MR-HH transfer bonus, but if he gets that soon, I wouldn’t mind transfering his MRs over to Hilton.

I have nothing constructive for you, but DH's Platinum AF is due to post soon and I've been calculating its value to us. We did not use the full airline credit this year (only about $100...but I may do a last minute United point buy just to get something). He does use the Uber credit. I use the Sacks credit. He used Centurion lounges 4X this year (he also used the PP restaurant perk, but that's gone so there's no use counting it). According to Amex, he used $75 in offers (but I'm not sure that really counts to offset the annual fee). So realistically, we got $300 in value for a $550 fee but we also got a SUB so this year was definitely worth it. I don't know how to value Centurion lounges since they're very nice, but completely unnecessary. I think they're more of a nice extra. So going forward, we need to offset another $250 in fees or come close. I figure, if DH calls and gets a retention offer of 25,000 MR, it's worth keeping another year. DH is willing to keep it without a retention offer. If anyone has a retention script to follow that has been successful, please post it.

If you just need a no AF card to park MRs I would go with the BBP. All MR cards that I am aware of allow you to transfer, not just the AF ones.
Assuming your husband has an Amex card, I’d do a cross support from his card for a BBP for you. Current BBP offer is 15k for $5k MSR AND he can get some support points too. It has no annual fee and doesn’t count against 5/24 so both good things there.

Yes, DH has an Amex so will get the support from him. Thanks for the suggestions!

Has anyone had an Amex support bonus post recently? I used DH's new biz gold to support a biz green for me. The biz gold was very new (haven't received card yet new) but the support option was available online...hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Applied 11/15. So now 8 days. Usually it's faster than that. I know that sometimes Amex has glitches on particular days that'll eventually resolve itself. Wondering if it's a case of that.

Has anyone had an Amex support bonus post recently? I used DH's new biz gold to support a biz green for me. The biz gold was very new (haven't received card yet new) but the support option was available online...hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Applied 11/15. So now 8 days. Usually it's faster than that. I know that sometimes Amex has glitches on particular days that'll eventually resolve itself. Wondering if it's a case of that.
I just recently supported Dh for the BBP and my points showed the next day or two after

Question for frequent fliers...
Boarded AA flight at 11:15 was to arrive in Orlando at 1:28.
Had issue with a light and they took us back to the gate. Eventually made us deplane.
Waited for new plane...finally boarded at 1:15 only to be told that they put fuel in the wrong tank OMG
So we are currently still sitting on our second plane waiting to depart.
They did put out free food and drinks for us. Do you think it’s possible to get another further compensation (miles or money)? And what’s the best way to voice my displeasure over this experience???
Thanks!

Had issue with a light and they took us back to the gate. Eventually made us deplane.
Waited for new plane...finally boarded at 1:15 only to be told that they put fuel in the wrong tank OMG
They did put out free food and drinks for us. Do you think it’s possible to get another further compensation (miles or money)? And what’s the best way to voice my displeasure over this experience???
Thanks!

no experience with AA, but on SW when our flight was delayed 3 hours due to a mechanical issue they gave us $100 SW vouchers that could be used by anyone within a year

Just did a chat with AmEx to see if property taxes would quality towards a free weekend certificate with Hilton and was told that "paying taxes" is excluded. That seems to be a very broad exclusion, but not worth paying the cc fee and not getting the free night. Booo
I think they are mistaken. These are the terms for the free night, which look the same as for MSR. I've done property taxes and/or federal taxes for 6 SUBs now, which have all posted.

"Eligible purchases to meet the purchase requirement are for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of other cash equivalents."
I cannot comment on property taxes specifically, but I have paid federal taxes to meet AmEx MSR on 5 or 6 cards, maybe more.

I received my MRs on 11/19 for DH’s Biz Green.

11/15 and received on 11/22 so it took a full week.
I just recently supported Dh for the BBP and my points showed the next day or two after
I received my MRs on 11/19 for DH’s Biz Green.
@wanderlust7 did an Amex support Monday from P2 to P1 and points posted today.

Thanks everyone! @Alexle2007 I see you also applied on 11/15. So it's just me, not a date specific glitch either. Oh well, hope it eventually shows up.

Is there a weird way your taxes are coded or something? I most definitely paid a $1600 tax bill last year with the Amex Delta Plat. The MSR at the time was just $2k so I nearly hit it with the tax bill. I got all the miles very quickly.

We got a mailer for the 50k/3k no AF offer..... is this worth a spot? We're kind of chase heavy anyway so slowed the roll there (except for pc options)... we have the */24 spots open.... just wanting to see how useful these points could be...

That mailer is just the standard offer, so no need to do it. I believe there was a 60k offer floating around a long time ago on a mailer, but not sure how prevalent those are now. I like the card and the points seem easy enough to use, even though I haven't used them yet. Planning to buy USO tix from UT and use the travel eraser for that. I need to look into it further, but it seems like I can also use the travel eraser to buy us our bullet train tickets for Japan. That plus I used the GE credit for DH, so the card is a good value for us. I will probably pick up on in DH's name too and may even hold onto one of the cards for a while. I kind of like having another easy to use currency that doesn't require me to cash out my URs.

Thanks!

No experience on AA but when it happened on DL to us, we got nothing. I complained on twitter but it did nothing. :confused3 I'd say its worth a shot.

Question regarding Disney+ (Yes, I know I'm late to the party, but hey! I didn't get hacked 8-) ) Did anyone subscribe via iTunes? We have an Apple TV, so we'll be using that app, and it appears I can subscribe through iTunes. If so, I'll purchase the Costco iTunes GC deal 20% off and get my first year for $56 :-) Just want to make sure there are no complications...not that I couldn't find other uses for that $100 iTunes card.....

Thanks!

I'm curious about this too. This would be the way we'd access Disney+ which I was thinking of picking up for the holiday break in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter