• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, that’s not a thing with Amex like it is with Chase. Amex will actually take some CL from an existing card to approve you for a new card. I was so surprised when I got the Credit Karma notification that a CL was lowered!
@StephPlum (sorry I lost the quote) @wanderlust7 is right, Amex has many issues but worrying about lowering credit levels before you apply is not a thing. It’s a good question though. They just reassign the level across both business and personal credit cards. And of course if it is a charge card you are applying for (like the MR earning cards) there isn’t even an obvious set limit.
Thanks.

I haven't told youngest DD that I am disappearing in January yet. She was so happy when I returned this time. Apparently she kept all the lights on in the house while I was gone. She really noticed the time change and that it was dark when she was coming home. Well, in January it will only be 5 work days.

I've never had this reaction from her before. She knows I'm going in February. The neighbors are close and see everything. Maybe she can go stay with her sister a few nights if she feels uncomfortable. I understand because I like my 'quiet' but prefer to have an active house. I really notice when her schedule is impacted and she works an occasional evening.

Ah, yay! Can't wait to see it on Sunday!!
Same here. Today Mr Rogers, tomorrow Frozen 2.
I’m specifically redeeming for gift cards to avoid having to buy them 🤣 I don’t sit on extra Disney gift cards, I acquire them shortly in advance of the trip 😛 I’m not as crazy as some of you 😂
Says the man who acquired hundreds of AA miles for no good reason. Lol
I can just imagine me trying to fill up all these gas cans...My current tank holds 15 gallons so I would need 4 5-gallon cans to max out the deal. How much does 5 gallons weigh?? About 30lbs?? I'm strong but I'm not sure I want to wrangle with that.
There is always a risk of fire as well.
If only they knew how many CCs you had :scared1:
My sister was crying & complaining it’s “so hard to manage so many bank accounts”. I think she has maybe 6 (1 for each kid, a savings with my mom, and maybe 2 others). I’m like, I have way more CCs and bank accounts (she doesn’t use CCs, just debit) and I manage fine. She is not a spreadsheet person.
My orders of 3 Disney GCs a $100, $50 & $25 Have shipped and the original charge of $164.48 is still pending on my Chase account
The larger order of $500 GCs to pay my DVC dues has not shipped yet
Mine all show charges pending like this. I’m not confident the $25 will credit
1BDC9D3C-BD9E-4179-9BAD-1D4C600D46E7.jpeg
DH and my AmEx Biz Green have arrived. Now to work on that $6k MSR. I guess trip to USO for Thanksgiving will help. So looking forward to warm weather. I detest the cold!
It’s supposed to be 40 degrees here today. I briefly toyed with the idea of going to Six Flags today but I can’t imagine going on roller coasters at that temp.
Its funny how some dogs react to TV and some do not. Mine has never noticed it. My friend's Lab goes nuts when animals are on TV.
My sister has one dog who definitely seems to see what other dogs don’t. He sees a laser pointer that the others all ignore. He also watches tv when there are animals on. My pup pays attention to the tv when she hears things, but I’m not convinced she sees much. She ‘watched’ Lady and the Tramp last weekend.

What is everyone’s favorite way to use their Hilton free weekend cents? We have 3 of them so far and a 4th should be coming with my new Aspire.

I don't have a favorite way, since I've only used one. But it was at a Hilton on Clearwater beach this past summer. We had a good time. I don't look for the best, exotic redemption. Just want a free night wherever we're already going. This summer I'm planning a San Francisco to DL and back trip, so will look for somewhere to use it along the way. If anyone has any ideas there? Has to fit 5 people. Not that we haven't snuck the 5th one in many times before....

To use the travel credit, others have reported booking direct with the cruise line so the deposit uses up the travel credit. Then transfer it to Chase to use URs at 1.5x with CSR. A $2000 cruise would cost you 133,333 URs.
How do you calculate the amount?

Took the girls to Frozen 2 yesterday. Loved seeing a theater full of girls in their Elsa and Anna dresses. I thought it was a beautiful story, but the songs were a bit less memorable. I did crack up at Christoph‘s 80s love ballad music video though 😂
Haha I loved his song! I thought it was pretty catchy. I could see Into the Unknown being popular.

Haha I loved his song! I thought it was pretty catchy. I could see Into the Unknown being popular.
I agree! I LOVED that part of the story. With dd going off to university next year (making me a very reluctant empty nester) it really resonated with me. Dd also loved the movie!

My orders of 3 Disney GCs a $100, $50 & $25 Have shipped and the original charge of $164.48 is still pending on my Chase account
The larger order of $500 GCs to pay my DVC dues has not shipped yet

I made 8 separate charges and none have posted yet; still all listed as pending. What is so odd is that they have shipped so quick (the $500 one too). In fact, I just got the email for informed delivery and it is showing that they will all are expected to be delivered Monday. I guess I better run home for lunch..I really don’t want that much money in gift cards just hanging out in our mailbox all day. I would rather be safe than sorry. :)

Its funny how some dogs react to TV and some do not. Mine has never noticed it. My friend's Lab goes nuts when animals are on TV.

We had a German Shepherd/Lab mix that was way too smart for her own good. Her dad was a police Shepherd canine. She would watch animals on TV all the time. She could absolutely tell real ones versus not. We figured she ended up that way since my husband raised her as a puppy and watched Animal Planet all the time. She was such a good dog and so smart that we still haven’t managed to get another one. Eight years later and I still tear up a little thinking about her.

Questions regarding Chase offers - how frequently do you check for new ones? And any suggestions on easy ways to keep track of which offers are on which cards (I see yet another spreadsheet in my future...)

DH and my AmEx Biz Green have arrived. Now to work on that $6k MSR. I guess trip to USO for Thanksgiving will help. So looking forward to warm weather. I detest the cold!

When did you apply? I was approved Monday and haven’t gotten a card yet. The email said 2-3 days. I really don’t wanna call haha

ETA: What new card should I get to park my MRs? I am at 2/24. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I finished up my CIP#2 MSR. :cool1: Now on the the next...

(I can add this to DIS Churners but thought it would be ok here since this post isn't about advanced strategies...just a new Amex to keep my MRs active. Let me know if it would be better elsewhere!)

My Amex Plat AF posts next month, so I need to open a new Amex. Which would be the best to keep my MRs Active? I would prefer not to get another high AF card ATM since we have DH's Amex Plat and a CSR.

We don't travel a whole lot so I am not tied to a branded hotel/airline currency.

1. My plans for my MR/UR is to use them to go to Australia/NZ in the beginning of 2022. If I want to transfer them (MRs) to an airline, do I need a "premium" Amex to do so (like the CSR?). I would be looking to transfer late 2020 or early 2021.
If you just need a no AF card to park MRs I would go with the BBP. All MR cards that I am aware of allow you to transfer, not just the AF ones.

Question regarding Disney+ (Yes, I know I'm late to the party, but hey! I didn't get hacked 8-) ) Did anyone subscribe via iTunes? We have an Apple TV, so we'll be using that app, and it appears I can subscribe through iTunes. If so, I'll purchase the Costco iTunes GC deal 20% off and get my first year for $56 :-) Just want to make sure there are no complications...not that I couldn't find other uses for that $100 iTunes card.....

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter