I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's episode of unnecessary things PolyRob purchased... we have AIRPOD PROS!

I ultimately purchased them from Best Buy and this is my "savings" breakdown:
  • Price match to Amazon - $15.02 savings
  • 2x Best Buy GC (Stop & Shop $20 grocery GC promo) - $40.00 savings
  • RMN 10% cash back - $23.49 savings (hoping it tracks, I did not see Apple excluded in the fine print!)
If RMN tracks, that brings them to $186.76 after tax. That is a 31.4% savings!
If RMN does not track, that brings them to $207.65 after tax. That is a 22% savings. Both are fine by me 🤣

Considering disney hasn’t even announced it yet I’m guessing that’s why you don’t see FPS yet lol. I wouldn’t be too worried
That is probably it, I am just extremely impatient. I booked a 5-6pm FP+ now. I will modify it later if more times show up!

Say you have a $200 travel charge. You'd erase it with 20,000 miles, get $200 credit. So now you have 30,000 miles. Well, the charge doesn't go away as eligible to be erased after it's already been erased (as long as it's still within 90 days). So you can go erase it again for 20,000 miles, get another $200 credit. And...presumably again for the rest.

At least it worked for me back in June. I don't have any recent travel charges I can test on now.
Ah, so then you just had spare credit on the card that could presumably work for any type of charge? That would be nice. I have a SW flight in May booked on points I was going to cancel and charge to it, but the price has gone up so I've been waiting. We have other cards with better travel rewards, so I may give this a try and see what happens.

Ah, so then you just had spare credit on the card that could presumably work for any type of charge? That would be nice. I have a SW flight in May booked on points I was going to cancel and charge to it, but the price has gone up so I've been waiting. We have other cards with better travel rewards, so I may give this a try and see what happens.

Yup! Or you could just ask them to send you a check for the balance. :)

I put a small label on the card and then pull it off when I use it.
Much better than my system of adding them, then forgetting which card they were on, then using the wrong card. So we have to go again to use the right card.
I have this same very complicated system as you! I think they call it ‘pen and paper’ 😆

My hack for keeping track of CC offers:
I use Alexa to make a list. Then in the App I just check mark them when they are done. Of course this only works if you have Alexa.

So Amazon also keeps track of your cc offers 🧐😆

LOL True, but I use abbreviations that only I would probably understand so I think I'm good.

I probably should of used a list for my last round of Credit card payments. I'm not sure how, but I sent a 54.34 payment to my best buy CC that I haven't used in months and has a zero balance. I've checked all my other card bills and I have no amounts matching that number. It's such an odd amount too. Now I have a 54.34 credit on my best buy card. :rolleyes2 Looks like I'll be getting something from there on Black Friday.

Questions regarding Chase offers - how frequently do you check for new ones? And any suggestions on easy ways to keep track of which offers are on which cards (I see yet another spreadsheet in my future...)
I have only been taking advantage of the offers for the last couple of months but it was driving me bats because I couldn't keep the offers straight. I just started using my grocery list app, Our Groceries to track with, and it's working out great. I check for new offers every couple of weeks or if I see a heads up post for an offer I want.

When did you apply? I was approved Monday and haven’t gotten a card yet. The email said 2-3 days. I really don’t wanna call haha

I applied for DH for Biz Gold on a Saturday. It didn’t arrive in the mail until the following Monday. 2 to 3 days was definitely not the case.

I have nothing constructive for you, but DH's Platinum AF is due to post soon and I've been calculating its value to us. We did not use the full airline credit this year (only about $100...but I may do a last minute United point buy just to get something). He does use the Uber credit. I use the Sacks credit. He used Centurion lounges 4X this year (he also used the PP restaurant perk, but that's gone so there's no use counting it). According to Amex, he used $75 in offers (but I'm not sure that really counts to offset the annual fee). So realistically, we got $300 in value for a $550 fee but we also got a SUB so this year was definitely worth it. I don't know how to value Centurion lounges since they're very nice, but completely unnecessary. I think they're more of a nice extra. So going forward, we need to offset another $250 in fees or come close. I figure, if DH calls and gets a retention offer of 25,000 MR, it's worth keeping another year. DH is willing to keep it without a retention offer. If anyone has a retention script to follow that has been successful, please post it.

In my experience I just say I can’t decide whether to close it or not because I am worried about the high AF. They look at the spend over the last year (or at least last couple months) and say what they can offer you. For me within the last 3 months It has been a reduction of the AF or a make a certain amount of spend and get so many MR’s. So at least maybe decide ahead of time what would make it worth it for you. You can always hang up and call again too...one rep told me that if I hung up the offer might not be there. I did hang up and call again a couple days later. Same offer plus another one as well. If he does not mind calling it is definitely worth the effort.

I applied for DH for Biz Gold on a Saturday. It didn’t arrive in the mail until the following Monday. 2 to 3 days was definitely not the case.

In my experience I just say I can’t decide whether to close it or not because I am worried about the high AF. They look at the spend over the last year (or at least last couple months) and say what they can offer you. For me within the last 3 months It has been a reduction of the AF or a make a certain amount of spend and get so many MR’s. So at least maybe decide ahead of time what would make it worth it for you. You can always hang up and call again too...one rep told me that if I hung up the offer might not be there. I did hang up and call again a couple days later. Same offer plus another one as well. If he does not mind calling it is definitely worth the effort.

Is there a retention number to call or do I just call the number on the back of my card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter