I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On mine..it posted after the statement closed
It's been a while and the cards are closed so I can't check for sure, but I bought gift cards as well. I don't think they posted the credit until statement closed, so there is still hope!

Excellent--thank you! I just assumed the credit would (or wouldn't) post soon after the charge. Happy to be wrong about that assumption.

S&S is our everyday grocery store out here, so I need to go stock up. DH did 2 today to test it out because promotions vary by region. It's essentially like cash for me, plus the Gold card MR and gas points, so I'm very happy with the deal.
It is a great deal then! I think I did $1,100 this year? I did 10 in one night, and one more in conjunction with redeeming a $20 coupon. It works in the same transaction LOL You just need $20 before tax in addition to another $100 GC.

We lived in an extended stay (Marriott town place) for 3.5 mos. There were several very strange men who’d been living there for years. That is just a different class of people all together :scared: I kept a very close eye on my kiddos.

DH and I did that last year too, in a Residence Inn. I don’t miss it, but I sure love the Bonvoy Ambassador Status it gave me!

It is a great deal then! I think I did $1,100 this year? I did 10 in one night, and one more in conjunction with redeeming a $20 coupon. It works in the same transaction LOL You just need $20 before tax in addition to another $100 GC.
DH and I need to look at our budget and figure out how many to buy. It's an easy ~25% back, so I want to get as many as make sense!

I’m specifically redeeming for gift cards to avoid having to buy them 🤣 I don’t sit on extra Disney gift cards, I acquire them shortly in advance of the trip 😛 I’m not as crazy as some of you 😂

I just bring 3 cans - I always get our 30 gallons max. Goofy as it sounds, I haven’t actually paid for gas in 19 months (according to my spreadsheet). I maintain enough perks (and have some methods to manufacture free gas when I run short). I actually enjoy filling my car from the tanks since I don’t have to go to the gas station twice the.

FYI, gift cards tracking for a Citi stmt credit are not and never have been hit or miss. They are a clear qualifying purchase. You’re mistaking that for the Amex Plat discussion. Your credit will post when your statement close as others have said.
If you always have an upcoming trip, you always need to acquire them!

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 10.47.01 PM.png

I just bring 3 cans - I always get our 30 gallons max. Goofy as it sounds, I haven’t actually paid for gas in 19 months (according to my spreadsheet). I maintain enough perks (and have some methods to manufacture free gas when I run short). I actually enjoy filling my car from the tanks since I don’t have to go to the gas station twice the.
I can just imagine me trying to fill up all these gas cans...My current tank holds 15 gallons so I would need 4 5-gallon cans to max out the deal. How much does 5 gallons weigh?? About 30lbs?? I'm strong but I'm not sure I want to wrangle with that.

@StephPlum (sorry I lost the quote) @wanderlust7 is right, Amex has many issues but worrying about lowering credit levels before you apply is not a thing. It’s a good question though. They just reassign the level across both business and personal credit cards. And of course if it is a charge card you are applying for (like the MR earning cards) there isn’t even an obvious set limit.

:confused3 You talking about me??
I'm not naming ANY names... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I can just imagine me trying to fill up all these gas cans...My current tank holds 15 gallons so I would need 4 5-gallon cans to max out the deal. How much does 5 gallons weigh?? About 30lbs?? I'm strong but I'm not sure I want to wrangle with that.
They are pretty heavy when totally full. I'm fairly certain my neighbors think I'm insane, out there putting gas in my car out of 5 gallon tanks. I can fit 16 gallons in the Odyssey so I bring 3 cans with me to max out our 30 gallons. Then I fill the Civic up using the cans. I've been doing this for over a decade. Some people manufacture spend, I manufacture gas... LOL!

They are pretty heavy when totally full. I'm fairly certain my neighbors think I'm insane, out there putting gas in my car out of 5 gallon tanks. I can fit 16 gallons in the Odyssey so I bring 3 cans with me to max out our 30 gallons. Then I fill the Civic up using the cans. I've been doing this for over a decade. Some people manufacture spend, I manufacture gas... LOL!
My neighbors already think I am insane. Hello?? I homeschool. We are *that* family :eek: My kids are out and about at all hours of the school day. Surprised there hasn't been an officer on my doorstep yet. What in the world would they think if I start unloading gallons upon gallons of gasoline from my car???

My neighbors already think I am insane. Hello?? I homeschool. We are *that* family :eek: My kids are out and about at all hours of the school day. Surprised there hasn't been an officer on my doorstep yet. What in the world would they think if I start unloading gallons upon gallons of gasoline from my car???
If only they knew how many CCs you had :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter