I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is weird!

I will say that 2 of my local OD/OM stores have always let me do multiple transactions. Yesterday however, they limited me to just 1. Lots of fraud issues they said. Also, my Staples is now requiring ID (most of the time) when buying Visa gc.

Also heads up for those that don't know . . . Shopkick pays out roughly 2% at OD/OM when you link a credit card. Points posted immediately to my account.

I hope you made it in. I got mine done by 8:15. I had 1320 ahead of me when I went into queue. We're doing January and I'm so ready. Now to choose Magicbands and decide when to tell the littles.

Got it by 9:26am. When I saw 2530 I knew I was okay. I had booked Feb 11. That multiplied by 4 is only 10K. I did have to go in yesterday and modify my reservation to 4 people to get 4. I had only put myself on the reservation initially. I will cancel out the extras when I get closer if no one wants to go. I've been in AK for a preview to opening in 1998 and they had 5K. It was like being alone in the park.
I imagine most people will go to Pandora first.

I have 4 nights so far in January, but I'm there the previous week(I had booked an OKW night, then canceled, since I'd rather stay in a Marriott because I dislike the OKW studios). I don't think I've seen any days open around the 21st, plus my birthday is the 17th, so I plan to come home that day. Maybe, lol. I was itching to go in January and now that my Nov vacation is over, I just went for it this morning. I may have to change rooms 2 out of my four nights so far, but I don't care - that's what my overnight case is for! I'll be stalking the website for sure.

My motivation is more 'escape the Northeast in winter' more so than 'I want to go to Disney'.

Now to get busy using up my Marriott points/certs to fill in a few more days.

Last edited:

Did you look at your statements and also your aa account history to double check? Mine had posted and I didn't realize so I made a goof of myself calling in about it 🤦‍♀️ lol
Yes, checked AA account and it only shows the 65,000 points for meeting the MSR + the additional 1000ish points for the spend. P2 has only received 1 statement so far. Maybe they will post on the next one?

If you have any sort of Verizon unlimited cell phone plan you can get a year for free.

also you don’t need a whole new tv unless you want one lol. A roku or amazon firestick will let you stream for less than 20 bucks.
I just bought a new roku for about 23.00...I can't believe how fast it streams compared to my ancient of days model! (I had to upgrade as my model was going to quit working on netflix soon)

I think online RCCL only shows you the nonrefundable deposit rates. You can probably get a refundable deposit rate if you call, but it'll likely be hundreds more. If you have a refundable deposit rate, it'll be fully refundable up until paid in full date (usually 3-4 months before sail date).

To use the travel credit, others have reported booking direct with the cruise line so the deposit uses up the travel credit. Then transfer it to Chase to use URs at 1.5x with CSR. A $2000 cruise would cost you 133,333 URs.
thank you! I really need to delve deep and re-read all that info I've seen here thru the thread.... I'm still in the dark basically about how to accomplish this....

Got it by 9:26am. When I saw 2530 I knew I was okay. I had booked Feb 11. That multiplied by 4 is only 10K. I did have to go in yesterday and modify my reservation to 4 people to get 4. I had only put myself on the reservation initially. I will cancel out the extras when I get closer if no one wants to go. I've been in AK for a preview to opening in 1998 and they had 5K. It was like being alone in the park.

I have 4 nights so far in January, but I'm there the previous week(I had booked an OKW night, then canceled, since I'd rather stay in a Marriott because I dislike the OKW studios). I don't think I've seen any days open around the 21st, plus my birthday is the 17th, so I plan to come home that day. Maybe, lol. I was itching to go in January and now that my Nov vacation is over, I just went for it this morning. I may have to change rooms 2 out of my four nights so far, but I don't care - that's what my overnight case is for! I'll be stalking the website for sure.

My motivation is more 'escape the Northeast in winter' more so than 'I want to go to Disney'.

I booked Port Orleans Riverside (5th sleeper) for one night. My original plan was to cancel if I didn't get in. I almost added a second night last night, but decided not to after all. It'll just be a quick trip to decompress from the holidays and enjoy some fun time before softball starts up for the season and kick off my year of Disney.

Catching up again...
1. I had earphones also - in ear or over the ear. Hate them all. My son has given me plenty of his hand me downs (all really expensive ones and I still do not like them).
2. 1Password - Was looking into this as I know my passwords are horrible and need to be changed. So, do you go to each website with a password and change to some obscure password and then log into 1Password with it. Not sure how this all works. I'm assuming you still write down all the passwords you are using and you use different passwords for everything? (I am technology challenged and need a beginners version).

we are staying off site...but I’m going to try for 2/11 on 12/4

Dh’s job is super flexible. He works at home a lot too for extra hours. He always works at least a couple hours on the weekends and sometimes at night when we gets home and watches tv

Hah! Same here, but that has turned into 64hr weeks the pas three weeks, luckily (???) that is the max time allowed to be entered. :rotfl2: Too many deadlines all came at the same time and I am the only one left that can do most of them. I have taken on three other people's positions but somehow my pay didn't go 3x. For the first year I covered all three within my normal work hours, made me always think what did they really do?! Just recently several things all converged at once. This week I think I am going to stop at 40hrs, so Thur/Fri off!! Oh and all of next week off too!

I’m thinking I’ll start out packing a lot and then slowly wean away from that once I know what we really need in the bag.

This might be TMI but I got a breast pump that came with a backpack but the reviews say the pump doesn’t even fit in the bag lol. That’s why I went ahead and got a new one

Honey nothing is TMI once you have kids, LOL. You should have SEEN the texts I'm sending my friends yesterday. Stuff I'd never thought I'd be messaging another human, LOL. But I think once you have a baby, any modesty and shame goes right out the window for some, LOL.

Catching up again...
1. I had earphones also - in ear or over the ear. Hate them all. My son has given me plenty of his hand me downs (all really expensive ones and I still do not like them).
2. 1Password - Was looking into this as I know my passwords are horrible and need to be changed. So, do you go to each website with a password and change to some obscure password and then log into 1Password with it. Not sure how this all works. I'm assuming you still write down all the passwords you are using and you use different passwords for everything? (I am technology challenged and need a beginners version).
1Password has a master password so you log into that and then when you go to a site, it populates the password field for you. You only have to remember your master password. It doesn't always work 100% of the time, just like any other app, but overall it's a huge improvement over me trying to remember a bunch or just using easy passwords.

I have used 1Password6 now for almost 5+ years. I have not updated to v7 yet since its a monthly subscription. When you install the browser add-ins they will detect you are changing your password and either A) make a suggestion for a good random password or B) ask you to save the one you just entered and create a entry for that site. Now as far as remembering anything you just need to remember your master password. Never use this password on any site and try to not write it down, if you do make sure its secure. This password will only be used to gain entry to the app, from there you choose the site you are on and it will auto fill the password for that site.

Honey nothing is TMI once you have kids, LOL. You should have SEEN the texts I'm sending my friends yesterday. Stuff I'd never thought I'd be messaging another human, LOL. But I think once you have a baby, any modesty and shame goes right out the window for some, LOL.
My wife likes to say that once she looked around the delivery room and saw how many people she was on display for, what else does she need to be embarrassed about?

HA!!! At least with babies, there's some excuse. I have pictures of various rashes on various body parts from DD21 and all her friends in college. Apparently, I diagnose better over text than their college health center. :rolleyes1

This is weird!

I will say that 2 of my local OD/OM stores have always let me do multiple transactions. Yesterday however, they limited me to just 1. Lots of fraud issues they said. Also, my Staples is now requiring ID (most of the time) when buying Visa gc.

Also heads up for those that don't know . . . Shopkick pays out roughly 2% at OD/OM when you link a credit card. Points posted immediately to my account.
Thanks for the Shopkick hint! Added my CIC.

I haven't gone to my OD/OM yet, but thanks for adding your dp about limiting to 1. I've seen other dps that corroborate your experience.

So uhhhh...Let’s also agree that modesty and shame are a very real thing on a credit card discussion thread on a Disney focused message board. @Haley R - it would be juvenile for anybody to feel like the mere mention of a breast pump is TMI. BUT I think @LilSweetPeaPhoto - whatever these “special” texts are might be better left between friends IRL. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter