I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your thorough review!

I actually purchased a different Dell Inspiron with good specs, but read some crazy things online and it is going back to Best Buy. Sounds similar to your issues. Can't handle basic tasks. Definitely something to avoid!

I have seen Asus out there and am pretty sure Costco has one on sale. It is sad that all the newer and lighter units are expensive and not lasting a long time. They all seem to also have USB-C everything when that just isn't practical! She currently has a Toshiba Portege and loves the thing, but I think Toshiba has spun off its PC business into Dynabook? I should see how they are reviewed. I also saw an HP Envy that had nice specs. Seems like it should be a contender.

We bought my DD a cheapy cheap Asus before she went to Africa because she didn't want to bring her macbook. It was $130. Not a chromebook either. She loved it. She actually did not want to go back to her macbook when she came home. lol She only recently got it back out because it had a stored password she needed. She only uses a computer for internet research, watching movies and writing papers. So she doesn't need anything fancy. Her macbook was required for her major (and they made us add extra stuff) and she has 1 semester left and still has no idea why it was required. lol Does your sister require something fancier? My theory on laptops is that no matter what, they are only going to last a few years. So I get something on the cheaper end. My current one is almost 2 years old and I spent less than $400. I think it is fine. If I had to run intensive programs then it would be different.

I just looked at the lightning “Black Friday” deals today on amazon and they had a diaper bag for $20. The diaper bag we wanted was $45 with worse ratings. This one has 800 reviews and 5 stars. I was gonna wait until Dh got home but they were getting claimed so fast I just made a decision lol. It had one day shipping and free returns so might as well

I feel like diaper bags are such a personal decision. What I LOVED my sister hated, etc. I was a HUGE fan of the Ju Ju Be diaper bags. Also it'll depend on the kind of person you are. I took the minimums....my sister packs everything AND the kitchen sink, LOL. Her bag weighs like 100lbs.

Datapoint on the Lowe’s chase offer on my cfu. Made the purchase for 15% off any purchase up to $20 on Saturday the 16th. Bought a $133 Disney gift card. Received the $20 which credited today. That was super fast for a Chase offer. I’m used to it taking a week. Seems the Chase offers are crediting much faster now.
You just reminded me to check on the Chase biz offers that I was waiting for, the ones that I didn't even know existed until the kind folks here mentioned that the biz offers could now be viewed on the website. Anyway, my offers from purchases on 11/15 credited yesterday. :)

So I feel like I can geek out on this here. I'm normally in Vegas right now at AU (AutoDESK University). A new superintendent changed the rule to every other year. I am MAD because this year one of the keynote speakers was a Disney Imagineer. I've always said that would be my dream job! (I teach engineering and architecture). Well I streamed the keynote from class yesterday and LOVED watching the Disney part. It's pretty awesome to see the software I'm teaching them used to design things.

If anyone wants to see, his talk about about designing Galaxy's Edge and the Millenium Falcon ride. https://ustream.tv/recorded/124662213

I told my students if I was in Vegas I would have ran after the guy after he walked off the stage and begged for a job, LOL.

I used to have a big gingerbread-house making event every December with my kids and their friends. The last one was when my oldest was a senior in high school and I only miss it a little bit--the gingerbread was never really good and it was a lot of work, but it was fun to see what the kids created. They did Hogwarts/Hogsmeade one year and that was probably the best.

But now I am thinking about gingersnap cookies and milk . . . neither of which I have in my house :(
I know I’m super late with this but Aldi has a ginger cookie that I think is like a ginger snap that is AMAZING. Its called Spekulatius (or something like that)

Not trying to be political, but I know a lot of people have December trips booked and were wondering about Trump's visit to the Grand. Looks like it is moving to Miami on the same day. Hopefully Miami or Fort Lauderdale is affected and MCO is off the hook!

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...-dinner-with-trump-from-disney-world-to-miami
Thanks for letting folks know! 👍

I’d also hope that nobody here would assume you were being political. I’m sure we have folks on both sides of the fence here in this group but any discussion on this need not involve politics.

I am happy to see that they moved the event for the sake of folks vacationing at that time. The level of security that would’ve surrounded that would have been very impactful and unfair to people who spent a lot of money on a Disney trip. I would’ve made this exact statement regardless of the party and politicians involved.

I would advise anybody else who wishes to comment on this to avoid any divisive comments, since we are all merely churners trying to find our way in this great churning world LOL!
Thank you both. That day, we are checking out and doing some resort visiting before driving home so I had been a little annoyed that this might disrupt my little plan. Now to just avoid the area around MIA as we drive in.

I'm on the Disney Vacation Club website in 'Queue it' waiting to sign up for Moonlight Madness on Feb 11. Opens at 9am.

So, got a little BC Crazy this morning and booked some random nights in January. I'll try to match up nights at the same resort later by using the waitlist and stalking the site. Right now I've got 5 nights, 2 at the same resort. I had 21 holding points which I was itching to book again - I've booked them about 5 times already and canceled and rebooked.

I've done this before and hopped around 2 nights here or 3 nights there over a 2 week period. January is kind of a cool time in Florida, but can be cold at home. I also got tempted by a Xmas reservation I saw at Poly - 23-27 - 4 nights. It was 111 points which I could have blown but family wouldn't want to squeeze into a studio over xmas.

10 minutes to go on the queue going live. Haven't done it like this before but afraid to wait until it quiets down because the event 'could' fill up. You never know.

I have an email offer to upgrade my Bonvoy to "Brilliant" for 50,000 points which expires 1/31. I was hoping for a higher offer as I (and DH) are not eligible for any new Marriott cards for at least 6 months (from what I can figure out from the convoluted charts) Does anyone have any suggestions, should I take this offer, or increase spend on the card and hope for a higher offer? I'd love to go back to swolphin spring 2021.
I would hold off, DH’s offer was 125,000 for $5k spend

Got back home Monday evening. Saturday and Sunday were both chilly and much more crowded than I’d hoped. MK on Sunday was supposed to be a 1 of 10 busy, but it was definitely not a low crowd day. I feel like our best park day was Friday. The crowds weren’t bad at AK or Epcot, it was warmer, and didn’t really rain, just a little light drizzle. Had a fun time with DD, and enjoyed our time at Pop. Didn’t get the room location requested (close to Skyliner), but it worked out better actually because we walked to/from the Pop food court and bus stop more often than we did to the Skyliner.

Churning wise, we used
SW RR/CP for flights
Barclay Arrival+ credit for room deposit and 1 3 day PH (UT)
Discounted gc’s for other PH, rest of the room, and food

DD would like to buy a Mac laptop to use for CCP classes she plans to take next school year. So we’re also watching for laptop deals on Black Friday. The only Apple stuff we’ve ever bought are phones and iPad, so not sure exactly what to look for. Would welcome any advice.

Last edited:
Calling all churning singles in the Virginia area... could this be the one for you?? (@speedyfishy - it still is not too late to walk away from your fiancé and find true “quid pro quo” with this guy...) 🤣 🤣

I’m not even sure what I just read there... is this person just looking to chat churning or...is there more??

EDIT: who speaks like this?? For real, this is just really strange to me. And this person has been on reddit a long time and active on r/churning in the past...

he sounds like a great guy. I upvoted you’re comment.

A King Size Hershey bar from the Halloween stash and a big glass of cold milk in a chilled glass. That’s what’s happening over here right now!! 🍫 🥛
You stole your kids KING size candy bar???

My Dh gets to work by 6:30 so he can leave at 3:30

My SO does 7:30-3:30. I love that SE jobs are so flexible. Earlier is definitely better

Y'all remind me a lot of us when we were young and without kiddos yet! We actually lived in a different part of Denver back then and my dh had a lot of traffic on his commute so he would go in super early to avoid that. When I commuted to a similar area, I also left early (5:30am!). Then I went back to school for my masters and worked PT at the university. Dh would go in early still and get home early to run/workout (we did kickboxing together lol!) and we'd go for walks to a park by us that always had softball or baseball games going. Fun times! Then babies came and it was still fun times but things just changed. Our first never slept well so he and I both would end up hearing her and getting up a lot. He just kind of gradually had to move his work day back to get in a bit more sleep.

He's been all over the place over the years. I think his 7-5 now is really nice. It allows him to be home for an early dinner (short commute now) and we can still workout together or just spend time with the kids. He works a 9-hour day M-TR so he is off every other Friday. I love that so much!
My Dh has that same work schedule! He works 9 hour days and gets every other Friday off. I love it! The Friday’s that he does work he only has to do 8 hours so he gets off at 2 ish

Before private school, we always got in at 6 am, which means we were up at 4 am, to get off at 2:30 pm. I loved that schedule. Now that I have to do school drop-off, it is later schedule. And Wed, particularly suck, since it is late start for school and DS doesn’t get dropped off until 8:30 am which means I don’t get in until 9 am or so. I’ve been working 6 hours those days and taking 2 hours of credit. I am not sitting in the crazy beltway traffic.
Luckily I’ll be staying home so hopefully dh’s schedule won’t change too much. I guess we’ll see how much sleep he gets

I feel like diaper bags are such a personal decision. What I LOVED my sister hated, etc. I was a HUGE fan of the Ju Ju Be diaper bags. Also it'll depend on the kind of person you are. I took the minimums....my sister packs everything AND the kitchen sink, LOL. Her bag weighs like 100lbs.
I’m thinking I’ll start out packing a lot and then slowly wean away from that once I know what we really need in the bag.

This might be TMI but I got a breast pump that came with a backpack but the reviews say the pump doesn’t even fit in the bag lol. That’s why I went ahead and got a new one

he sounds like a great guy. I upvoted you’re comment.

You stole your kids KING size candy bar???

My SO does 7:30-3:30. I love that SE jobs are so flexible. Earlier is definitely better
Dh’s job is super flexible. He works at home a lot too for extra hours. He always works at least a couple hours on the weekends and sometimes at night when we gets home and watches tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter