I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha thanks guys!

Funnily enough, a friend of mine texted me the other week about how he didn't know what was going to happen with his boss and if he was going to get elevated in this midst of all this drama or what... and then two days later his boss got embroiled in the scandal as well. It's totally cray-cray and embarrassing for our state.

Lol, in a well-timed update, this individual just sent me an email with this gif.

Uowe.gif

I got CIP about two weeks ago. Think I need to wait 30 days before I get a CitiBiz or am I good to apply since its a different bank?
When dealing with different issuers, there usually is no worry at all. They might see the recent inquiry but other than that I don't think you'll have any issue. :) Go for it!

We've got about $500 to go on the MSR for DH's Hilton Ascend, so I decided to go ahead and refer myself to the BBP this morning. No popup (feel like it's coming any time, so I was definitely holding my breath) and instant approval! I used the 20k referral link from my Biz Gold and will probably try to meet the $10k MSR to get an additional 10k points from the referral welcome offer on the BBP. I mostly wanted it to have a 2x everyday MR earner for non-category spend. I'll let my DH keep using our CFU for that on his side for diversification purposes.

We've got about $500 to go on the MSR for DH's Hilton Ascend, so I decided to go ahead and refer myself to the BBP this morning. No popup (feel like it's coming any time, so I was definitely holding my breath) and instant approval! I used the 20k referral link from my Biz Gold and will probably try to meet the $10k MSR to get an additional 10k points from the referral welcome offer on the BBP. I mostly wanted it to have a 2x everyday MR earner for non-category spend. I'll let my DH keep using our CFU for that on his side for diversification purposes.

Congrats on avoiding the pop up party: and instant approval

Trying to stay calm but didn't get paid today (somehow I have two paychecks which are cancelling each other out and our payroll person is out with the flu) and my Amex rose gold payment was already made today which may overdraw my account. Going to put cash in but not sure that will be fast enough.

Then I learned yesterday my ex didn't have insurance coverage the one month dd got her $510 physical (included second dose of gardasil). He offered to pay but I told him it was fine. Just completely avoidable. Plus we were out of the country in August and the kids had no insurance. Then I woke up in the middle of the night freaking out about the aca tax but I think I'm fine there. It was a short lapse. I think.

Eta stupid phone slipped and I hit post before I typed a word.

As long as it hasn't changed in a few years you're ok to have a 2 months lapse on coverage. I had to find out when I went perm at the last job because I had to cancel my other ins.

I agree with @wendow since he offered. At least make him pay half, it's only fair. My parents divorced summer after 6th grade and I was fully aware of who paid what and how much through the years. My mom's only issue was that it wasn't written right to include college so my dad barely helped. So i understand wanting to keep the peace but he offered so I'd at least take half.

Last edited:
I'm on chat with Amex trying to figure out what happened to my 10,000 points for enrolling in extended pay. Looks like everything that happened on January 31 is not showing up in points.

For those still interested in the "is Juicy Miles shady?" question, I just got an email from my booker giving me a heads up that JAL has changed its booking window from 330 days up to 360 days. This affects our booking timing and logistics. Just thought I'd give an example of Juicy Miles proactively reaching out to me upon hearing news that will affect our strategy.

I don't seem to have gotten many replies so I'm going to rephrase my question. I have a CITI card and a Bank of America card that offer 3% cash back on travel. How can I find out if Disney "codes" as travel? Is it a matter of calling those two cards and asking?

:tinker: He gets a new job someplace warmer....with no snow
He just applied for a bunch more jobs and said he’s so excited because it’s things he’d actually want to be doing. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to program farm equipment his entire life. He really wants to do something with space or planes

I don't seem to have gotten many replies so I'm going to rephrase my question. I have a CITI card and a Bank of America card that offer 3% cash back on travel. How can I find out if Disney "codes" as travel? Is it a matter of calling those two cards and asking?

I don't have either of those cards so I can't give you a definite answer, but my impression is that Disney resorts usually code as travel but the parks and tickets do not (they usually code as entertainment). Unfortunately I don't think the CC companies can give you an answer. Probably the best way is to make a small test purchase and see how it codes on your next statement.

If you can bump that up to 50% you can be FIRE in 17 years. 45% savings rate you would be FIRE in 19 years.

If hardtimes hit your job would they be loyal to you? Idk if 10k is worth the hassle of changing jobs because it’s always a risk. you don’t know if you would like the culture etc. But loyalty would never keep me at a job because ik a job would never be loyal to me. it’s a business nothing personal.
Dh said he thinks we would retire by 48 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pushed back some when we have kids

Based on my (not very in depth) reading, if you pay via credit card or paypal (I'm putting plastiq in this category, personally) you don't have to send a 1099. Yet another reason to churn!

ETA - because I'm a nerd, I pulled the instructions for the 1099-Misc. Yes, payments (even to LLCs) of more than $600 need to be reported, but not if paid by cc.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099msc.pdf

You still have to report it - just on a different form.

Form 1099-K. Payments made with a credit card or payment card and certain other types of payments, including third-party network transactions, must be reported on Form 1099-K by the payment settlement entity under section 6050W and are not subject to reporting on Form 1099-MISC. See the separate Instructions for Form 1099-K.

I promise I'm not trying to internet battle! Just trying to make sure correct information is out there! In general, I would air on the side of caution and send a 1099 if you are unsure. The form is easy to fill out and barely takes any time.

Charge back to your room and you should be fine. 99% sure they both code as travel from the resort "swipe."

I don't have either of those cards so I can't give you a definite answer, but my impression is that Disney resorts usually code as travel but the parks and tickets do not (they usually code as entertainment). Unfortunately I don't think the CC companies can give you an answer. Probably the best way is to make a small test purchase and see how it codes on your next statement.

Thank you. At least I know not to waste my time calling. I leave next week so I guess I'll just take my changes :-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter