I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still have to report it - just on a different form.

Form 1099-K. Payments made with a credit card or payment card and certain other types of payments, including third-party network transactions, must be reported on Form 1099-K by the payment settlement entity under section 6050W and are not subject to reporting on Form 1099-MISC. See the separate Instructions for Form 1099-K.

I promise I'm not trying to internet battle! Just trying to make sure correct information is out there! In general, I would air on the side of caution and send a 1099 if you are unsure. The form is easy to fill out and barely takes any time.

Always good to make sure the info is correct- no battles on this board :)

You are correct that it gets reported on a different form, but that form is the responsibility of the third party processing the payment (paypal or credit card company), not the business owner making the payment (me!). So, as long as I paid my contractor using a cc or paypal, I don't have to issue a 1099, the payment processor will be responsible for filing the related 1099k.

For Plastique MCGC cash out, how do you account for the 2.5% fee that they charge? Let's say I have $100 card, what would I make the amount I send to someone be?

Can someone remind me when I can downgrade PNC? I completed all the requirements about a week ago for the $300 bonus.
It's 45 days and you can do it online. When you go to do it the page will tell you the date you can downgrade. While in your Virtual Wallet click Preferences on the right. You'll see two columns on the page, scroll all the way down and right below the button in small print you'll find your downgrade date.

CitiBiz AA Miles posted :) With the 10k miles I started with, I now have 73,320 total AA Miles (good for $733 towards Disney :))

I don't believe the offer I used is currently available (probably a similar offer out there) but here's a quick summary of what I did:
  • Signed up for "dummy booking" offer of 40k miles + $250 stmt credit for $2,000 MSR
  • Spend $2,002.95 PLUS $250 for an AA eGC that was reimbursed
  • Asked for "Match" via backdoor SM for 20,000 additional miles
  • Received 2,253 base Miles + 194 add'l miles for a cable purchase + 250 add'l miles for the eGC
  • Earned the Bonus of 40k + the 20k Match
  • Selling the Gift Card on Raise for another $200 Cash
  • Bonus Summary: 62,697 Miles ($626 towards Disney) + $200 cash for $2,000 MSR (>41% return on my spend!)
Obviously I haven't booked a Disney hotel to be certain how this all works. It seems pretty straightforward though, so I'm happy with this move thus far. If I can get approved the Barclay Biz Aviator and Pickup a Biz Mailer from r/churningmarketplace for a 2nd Citi AA card I should have enough AA Miles for 5 nights at an Epcot Area hotel. Then I'm going to have my wife pickup a one of each card to earn enough for 2 nights at a MK area resort and our hotels for our next trip in January 2020 are covered :)

As a reminder, the Walt Disney World Tips thread on DISchurners has a section on AA Miles (as well as a lot of other great info supplied by people here): https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/ai6lq0/dischurners_walt_disney_world_tips/
I did the same exact thing! Using my points for flights though. I’m now waiting for my aviator biz points to post. I got in on the 50,000 AA points for a $95 annual fee after ONE purchase.

Has there been any info about the $250 eGC no longer working for Citi like with the Amex airline reimbursements?
I wouldn’t expect that to be an issue at all. The Citi credit is for any American purchase billed by AA so flights, gift cards, etc all count.

I need a new card asap! Met the MSR on my BBP way sooner than expected. Looking for a Biz card while I'm deciding if I'm going to upgrade my Bonvoy to the Brilliant, or something like that, I can't keep them straight. Worst names ever. Suggestions?

ETA: Don't want Chase, trying to get under 5/24. I have BBP, Amex everyday, SPG Biz

I need a new card asap! Met the MSR on my BBP way sooner than expected. Looking for a Biz card while I'm deciding if I'm going to upgrade my Bonvoy to the Brilliant, or something like that, I can't keep them straight. Worst names ever. Suggestions?

ETA: Don't want Chase, trying to get under 5/24. I have BBP, Amex everyday, SPG Biz

Could you use any of the other Amex business card...Hilton, Delta etc..you could self refer

I’m without a MSR as well.....but it’s too soon for another Chase card and I’m not willing to pay an annual fee on a card that I just don’t know what I’d use the points for

Last edited:

Citi Biz GrAAvy train?

Congrats on avoiding the pop up party: and instant approval

Thanks! This is likely my last Amex for a while, so I was relieved to get it through without any popup drama.

I'm almost scared to look at AMEX cards because of the popup, the last one we app'd for was before that started.

Seriously! Even worse in my mind is the no pop up but no SUB scenario others have experienced. That's just harsh! I figure even if that happens to me with the BBP, I'd only lose out on 10k MR, and I really want the card as a keeper anyway. If there's an Amex you want, you should definitely give it a go. There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to who gets the popup based on history/spending with Amex. So you might just as easily avoid it as get it.

That's very interesting. Reading through the comments some quick points -
It has to be a new account because you earn your cashback as MR points. There's a FAQ or T&C that mentions if you switch your account to earn $$ again then you can't go back to the MR cashouts.
You have to have a personal MR earning card in your profile that you link. People with Biz only haven't been able to set it up.
The cashout to MR will happen on the quarterly basis automatically just like regular eBates.

I haven't tried eBates since it launched and I had a horrible time with it and since then I have a hard enough time keeping up with the number of shopping portals/rewards programs I use already. But this is might swing me opening an account for the off chance I actually find something to do with our MR points :laughing:
I think this was AmEx's way to do a shopping portal like Chase and Discover (RIP) do/did since portals seem to be the rage at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!