I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CIP bonus hit before my MSR was met less than a month ago. I was less than $100 away, but I don't remember if I had any returns included or not.
I just feel like it's strange..... is it b/c we have a history of always meeting our MSR? seems like an odd trust if you ask me..... altho I like getting the points I'm suspicious. truth be told I already used a chunk of them today!

FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through June 6th, 2020.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:
  • NEXT RELEASE: 12/11/19 - travel through August 10th, 2020
  • 10/30/19 - travel through June 6th, 2020
  • 9/26/19 - travel through April 13th, 2020
  • 8/15/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above) They appear to be tightening the inventory a bit this year vs. prior year's releases.

RELEASE TIMES:
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". You could also bookmark this comment on the new DIS somehow (or so I heard).

I just read on DOC, there's a bunch of issues going on w/ Serve. Everyone on here surviving? I need to order another card, I did the blue one by mistake. Grrr.

Who else on here was going for the Simple bank bonus? I'm about to sign up for the account.....Seems like an easy $500 and you can earn interest while it sits :)
I hadn't looked at this until now, do you think it's cutting it too close to 10/31 to open it? Seems easy.

I just read on DOC, there's a bunch of issues going on w/ Serve. Everyone on here surviving? I need to order another card, I did the blue one by mistake. Grrr.
Other than my over zealous cashier yesterday no problems. . My last swipe went through. I don’t have any more GCs to load so will have to see once I do.

I had one card declined back in September. I moved to a second card + one for DH. I was allowed to apply for another one even after my first was declined. So not sure if a true shutdown or what. You just reminded me to get another bluebird to have options.

I was hoping SW would bring back its non-stop from BWI to SEA but it doesn't look promising:( Maybe I'll fly IAD to SEA since it looks like we'll have to stop regardless (need flights for August so I'm still a few months away from being able to book).

My Serve account seems to be ok. I have an unactivated back up card. My fee is due to post Friday or Saturday so I’m not making any more deposits until after that.

Seems strange not to be on the SW site this morning. The new ticket window falls over our already booked Europe trip, so no new tickets needed. I should check the SW flights I do have booked more often though to check for fare changes.

Does anyone have the Bar-crays Hawaiian card? I am wondering how long it takes the miles to post to the Hawaiian account. Dh's statement closed last week, and the miles earned are not there yet. Hawaiian gave me the standard "6-8" weeks line when I asked them.
Quoting myself, another week has gone by and the miles have not posted. They show in Bar-crays just not in his Hawaiian account.

Yes, this is the kind of feedback that I am looking for. Thanks.

His length of credit history isn't particularly long because he moved to the US from Canada in 2015 and I added him as an AU to one of my cards late that year. He wasn't able to obtain a card in his name until 2016, so he only really has 4 years of credit history. Utilization is currently in the good range.
I have three Citi cards, Preferred, Costco and AA business. What do you need to know? You might also try Fico Forums. They might be able to answer your question.https://ficoforums.myfico.com/

Quoting myself, another week has gone by and the miles have not posted. They show in Bar-crays just not in his Hawaiian account.
It took forever for my Barclays AA miles to post to my account. I think around 2 months from when I reached the MSR. I just received my second statement and the miles just posted. Seems they might be slow to notify their partners.

I just feel like it's strange..... is it b/c we have a history of always meeting our MSR? seems like an odd trust if you ask me..... altho I like getting the points I'm suspicious. truth be told I already used a chunk of them today!

I really don't know. The most logical is that they don't take into account the returns, although (as I'm sure we all know) we should always make sure to still spend enough to meet the MSR by taking those into account.

UGH....Frontier has INSANE RT flight from DTW to LAS. I'm sitting here looking at my Wynn room offer (plus free play) and dates I could maybe sneak out of school. I got a flight as low as $116 RT! Yes, I know luggage is extra, but I do already have a "free" size bag from flying them before......

I ordered a blue one by mistake recently too, I was so mad lol. Activated it and then immediately canceled it. :rolleyes:
Does this free up a spot? I think everyone has signed up for blue by accident since it is the default usually. Uggh me too. That was my 5th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter