I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. that was PAINFUL. just WOW. I expected the SWA release to be a zoo but this was NUTS.I logged on just as they opened, maybe 7:05 am(?) and saw a flight I wanted at around 15k (!!! highway robbery!) called my Dsis and warned her to jump.... she tried (with squalling newborn at her side) and got 1 flight, then they started rising..... every time she got one in her cart, by the time she hit confirm it was repriced. I logged in for her to snag one last flight before she ran out of points (I warned them this was going to happen) and they ended up paying $800 for two seats (!!!!!) :faint: so...... I also had to hastily transfer a chunk of UR to my SWA b/c I was running low.... by the time I grabbed my last seat (on a different flight!) it had jumped from 15 to over 35k per seat within moments.....
That was like the running of the bulls! Now I'm going to hear endless complaints about prices. I'll just have to be fierce and tell them all I tried to prepare them for this.
I hate spring break. I love my family but hate spring break.
It really was crazy! I checked this morning but couldn't book as I was driving DD to school, and then work. The flights I wanted were ridiculous. I ended up doing the day before because it was "cheaper". aprrox 14,000 points one way ($209). I immediately went to book the second ticket and it was approx 16,000 points ($238). To go from PVD to MCO, ugh. If I had kept Sat it was $345 one way. At least I get an extra day of vacation out of it, haha.

Just booked our SW return trip back from Cancun to PVD. Had to transfer 17k points from a CSR which was a bummer since we will have a boatload of SW points in a couple of months but at least we have a return trip booked now... At least all of us do except for DD8. If we don't get her CP in time she isn't coming lol.
Nice, glad you have them booked and taken care of. I had to transfer too, 5,000 UR, as DH is working on obtaining CP and more points. Still better than paying cash. Really hope these flights aren't sold out when we go to add DD as companion!

Last edited:
I have three Citi cards, Preferred, Costco and AA business. What do you need to know? You might also try Fico Forums. They might be able to answer your question.https://ficoforums.myfico.com/

I want to know if there is anything specific to Citi that I should know that would make it unlikely for DH to be approved for the card, such as his recent credit card history. Or any quirks like with Chase or Amex?

I really don't know. The most logical is that they don't take into account the returns, although (as I'm sure we all know) we should always make sure to still spend enough to meet the MSR by taking those into account.
yeah.... I'm thinking it's because we're so close.... and they aren't account for returns, but I will be. Do they ever claw back if the returns make you miss the MSR? I plan to hit the MSR after the returns anyway,just curious. And I love how fast these came to us!

It really was crazy! I checked this morning but couldn't book as I was driving DD to school, and then work. The flights I wanted were ridiculous. I ended up doing the day before because it was "cheaper". aprrox 14,000 points one way ($209). I immediately went to book the second ticket and it was approx 16,000 points ($238). To go from PVD to MCO, ugh. If I had kept Sat it was $345 one way. At least I get an extra day of vacation out of it, haha.
I think this may the the 'thing' I dislike about SWA henceforth. It's way too stressful on us all. My poor brother was changing his toddlers morning diaper while trying to wrangle airfare for 5! He said after he was getting desperate,watching prices rise while he was trying to do both lol. He ended up booking a NOT ideal time to use his points. but at least he got it done.

I think this may the the 'thing' I dislike about SWA henceforth. It's way too stressful on us all. My poor brother was changing his toddlers morning diaper while trying to wrangle airfare for 5! He said after he was getting desperate,watching prices rise while he was trying to do both lol. He ended up booking a NOT ideal time to use his points. but at least he got it done.

Wow.. I just checked again flights to MCO are still about the same. Odd thing was the only direct flight was 10k and the next cheapest with 2hr layover was 15k. Now I checked return flights and they are like 25k! Ouch! Our return is beyond their schedule right now, but just checking the 5th/6th of June and those prices right now are NUTS! Good thing we return on a Monday. Odd tho so many flights are 'sold out' at the cheap rate, they must add seats slowly.

Finally have my Disneyland trip figured out. Those flight times were not fun. I was trying to avoid being gone 2 weekends due to softball.

I'm waiting a Hilton FN cert. I have to see when points posted, how soon do you think reps can see it in the acct? I'm assuming I will need to call and book mine, dh will need to be on the phone to book his, then we ask to have them linked? I have us now staying in the LA area and I'm looking at using them both at BH Waldorf Astoria.

FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through June 6th, 2020.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:
  • NEXT RELEASE: 12/11/19 - travel through August 10th, 2020
  • 10/30/19 - travel through June 6th, 2020
  • 9/26/19 - travel through April 13th, 2020
  • 8/15/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above) They appear to be tightening the inventory a bit this year vs. prior year's releases.

RELEASE TIMES:
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". You could also bookmark this comment on the new DIS somehow (or so I heard).
And bookmarked! Thanks for this. I hope they hold off releasing late August until at least the beginning of February. We are almost completely out of SW points right now and I need the 80k from the Biz Performance to post before those flights open. I would hate to have to buy them after the release and then have to stalk the SW site for months trying to get my points back every time they adjust their prices.
Nice, glad you have them booked and taken care of. I had to transfer too, 5,000 UR, as DH is working on obtaining CP and more points. Still better than paying cash. Really hope these flights aren't sold out when we go to add DD as companion!
I know. Champagne problems lol. I'm with you. I always get nervous but I'm sure it will work out for both of us:-)
My CIP bonus hit before my MSR was met less than a month ago. I was less than $100 away, but I don't remember if I had any returns included or not.
I am embarrassed to say here that I got dangerously close to hitting my SW Biz Performance MSR without even thinking about it. Stuff was a little hectic getting our car repaired after an accident and I just threw the card down not realizing I had already put $150 spend on it. We are $220 away from hitting the 5K MSR and I have locked the card up until January. Fingers crossed that over $200 left to spend will keep those points from posting. I won't be able to forgive myself if I screw up this CP.

FYI - Southwest extended their schedule this morning for flights through June 6th, 2020.

Here is my usual Historical Southwest Release Dates (for planning purposes) comment:
  • NEXT RELEASE: 12/11/19 - travel through August 10th, 2020
  • 10/30/19 - travel through June 6th, 2020
  • 9/26/19 - travel through April 13th, 2020
  • 8/15/19 - travel through March 6th, 2020
  • 5/30/19 - travel through January 5th, 2020
  • 3/15/19 - travel through November 2nd, 2019
  • 1/31/19 - travel through October 1st, 2019
  • 11/15/18 - travel through August 5th, 2019
  • 9/27/18 - travel through June 8th, 2019
  • 8/30/18 - travel through April 7th, 2019
  • 6/28/18 - travel through March 6th, 2019
  • 5/31/18 - travel through January 6th, 2019
  • 3/8/18 - travel through November 3rd, 2018
  • 2/15/18 - travel through October 1st, 2018
  • 11/2/17 - travel through August 6th, 2018
  • 8/28/17 - travel through June 1st, 2018
  • 7/27/17 - travel through April 6th, 2018
  • 6/22/17 - travel through March 7th, 2018
  • 5/18/17 - travel through January 7th, 2018
This chart could be useful to approximate when your travel time may become available for upcoming releases, however they don't always follow the exact same pattern (as you can see above) They appear to be tightening the inventory a bit this year vs. prior year's releases.

RELEASE TIMES:
  • The release on 10/30/19 went live at 7:15am.
  • The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
  • The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
  • The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.
If you want to search back for this post in the future - just search my name and "release". You could also bookmark this comment on the new DIS somehow (or so I heard).
Oh, great. This covers my trip out to Seattle but not my trip back. Which means I have to commit to a departure airport without full information on what pricing/availability of flights home will be:( I think BWI is a safer bet but IAD is closer.

Quoting myself, another week has gone by and the miles have not posted. They show in Bar-crays just not in his Hawaiian account.
It took forever for my Barclays AA miles to post to my account. I think around 2 months from when I reached the MSR. I just received my second statement and the miles just posted. Seems they might be slow to notify their partners.

Thank you for posting this. I’m still waiting for DH’s Barclay AA miles to post. His statement closed 2 weeks ago, and shows that bonus miles were sent to AA. But still nothing on AA account. I’m only concerned because MY Barclay AA miles posted immediately after 1st statement. I contacted Barclay and received the typical wait 4-6 weeks message. So hopefully he’ll get them after next statement. Makes me feel better knowing I’m not the only person waiting for miles to post. 😊

My Serve account seems to be ok. I have an unactivated back up card. My fee is due to post Friday or Saturday so I’m not making any more deposits until after that.

Seems strange not to be on the SW site this morning. The new ticket window falls over our already booked Europe trip, so no new tickets needed. I should check the SW flights I do have booked more often though to check for fare changes.
My March flights went down, called and got credit. I'm glad we aren't travelling over spring break, by lunchtime most "WGA" fares were sold out. I can only imagine the crazy this a.m.!

So DH got an email today that BoA is going to close his travel card if he doesn't contact him within the next 30 days. He's had this card for probably 5 years, maybe even a little longer. It's definitely not his oldest card though. BoA is our primary bank. We haven't used this card in years. Any likelihood on calling in and seeing if they'll offer any sort of bonus points for putting spend on it? Didn't know if anyone had tried this with BoA before.

Oh, great. This covers my trip out to Seattle but not my trip back. Which means I have to commit to a departure airport without full information on what pricing/availability of flights home will be:( I think BWI is a safer bet but IAD is closer.
It also covers our SEA departure but not return. Like @DrFacilier I am almost out of SW points until my SW Bus points post in Jan. I don't want to transfer UR because I have other plans for those points... I'll have to hope flights aren't too expensive come Jan.

So DH got an email today that BoA is going to close his travel card if he doesn't contact him within the next 30 days. He's had this card for probably 5 years, maybe even a little longer. It's definitely not his oldest card though. BoA is our primary bank. We haven't used this card in years. Any likelihood on calling in and seeing if they'll offer any sort of bonus points for putting spend on it? Didn't know if anyone had tried this with BoA before.

I have a Royal Caribbean card through BoA that I got almost 15 years ago. I almost never use it. I got a letter asking me to contact them for special offers. I called and they offered pretty much nothing, just a balance transfer for 12 months at 0% with a 5% transfer fee. It was disappointing.

I have a Royal Caribbean card through BoA that I got almost 15 years ago. I almost never use it. I got a letter asking me to contact them for special offers. I called and they offered pretty much nothing, just a balance transfer for 12 months at 0% with a 5% transfer fee. It was disappointing.

Interesting... well I won't get my hopes up but I'll see if they want to throw some points our way. I don't even know what the points can be used for honestly. DH has redeemed them before but it was back before I ever got into churning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter