I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exciting news (for me at least). I just noticed the Disney Visa has new card designs when I got an advertisement on ShopDisney!!!

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 5.43.08 PM.png

Looks like Vintage Mickey replaced Sorcerer Mickey, Toy Story replaced Frozen, and Chewbacca and Millennium Falcon replaced BB8 and Yoda! I am sooooo excited Toy Story is an option and will be changing my card design. Back to real churning news... LOL

Last edited:
Need some advice-

I realized last night that my oldest CC was not on my credit report, just my husbands. He called them today and they said I’m not really on the account, I just have a card with my name on it. HUH????? Why would anyone want that? Who would set up a married couples account that way? They said they’d have to re-pull my credit to add me correctly. This is a tiny state credit union but I’d like the 11 year AoA. WWYD? Let them pull?
I wouldn't do it if they were requiring a hard pull to do so. I would also ask very pointed questions about what opening date they were going to put on the account and get that in writing. It would be horrible if you went through with it, took the ding for the HP and then ended up lowering your AAoA instead of raising it.

I have all of our CC accounts set up that way. They are all my accounts with my wife as an AU on almost all of them. She is horrible about credit.

This is exciting news (for me at least). I just noticed the Disney Visa has new card designs when I got a advertisement on ShopDisney!!!

View attachment 440775

Looks like Vintage Mickey replaced Sorcerer Mickey, Toy Story replaced Frozen, and Chewbacca and Millennium Falcon replaced BB8 and Yoda! I am sooooo excited Toy Story is an option and will be changing my card design. Back to real churning news... LOL
Replying to myself because I just changed the design! It said it could take 2-3 weeks. The option is hidden under "Things you can do" > "Update settings and preferences" > "Card design"

You do not need to go to replace a lost or damaged card. I am guessing my old pattern will work until the card expires. :cool1:

This is exciting news (for me at least). I just noticed the Disney Visa has new card designs when I got a advertisement on ShopDisney!!!

View attachment 440775

I'm still mouning the loss of my pink disney card with mickey and minnie on it, when it was discontinued. :(

The CSR today told me it takes 6-8 weeks but they would push through manually, which they did. I don't buy the 6-8 weeks because I read on FT that if they don't credit right away you have to call and have them do it manually.

I use something for that too lol. I use Flixster. It also shows movie times at your theater too

Can this track TV shows too?

Mine is down about 50 pts since March ☹ Hoping it recovers soon. It would help if the banks would stop pulling Equifax exclusively. My Transunion is 50 pts higher since it never gets touched.

It may be your annual age of accounts. If you didn’t have a long credit history (or only have one or two cards/loans you’ve had for 5+ years) starting out in churning can drop your average and impact your score. Another reason to keep no fee cards open and put a charge or two a year on them.

It could also be that you had statements close with high balances. Even if you pay off your cards in full (like all good churners should) if the statement closes with a high balance it will report as high utilization on your credit report. This is only temporary and will fall off when the next statement closes with hopefully a smaller amount. It’s totally ok to have statements close with a balance so no need to rush to pay your card before it’s due, just another item that has an impact on score.

Can this track TV shows too?

It may be your annual age of accounts. If you didn’t have a long credit history (or only have one or two cards/loans you’ve had for 5+ years) starting out in churning can drop your average and impact your score. Another reason to keep no fee cards open and put a charge or two a year on them.

It could also be that you had statements close with high balances. Even if you pay off your cards in full (like all good churners should) if the statement closes with a high balance it will report as high utilization on your credit report. This is only temporary and will fall off when the next statement closes with hopefully a smaller amount. It’s totally ok to have statements close with a balance so no need to rush to pay your card before it’s due, just another item that has an impact on score.
I just checked and it’s only movies.

Okay so a few things:

I clearly didn’t pay attention because Dh was actually able to apply for the CIC on September 28. That was his 90 days. We are gonna try to still finish my CIP MSR first but are doing more MS to do it.

We went to staples since we both had the $25 back offer. We did a $200 gc and split the payment with no issue. Both emails were received about the $25 credits.

We then went to OD and did things correctly this time lol. Dh got two variable gcs for the $15 off. We went to Walmart after for serve. The cashier said she couldn’t do it because she thought I was loading gift cards. I told her I did it yesterday and it worked so she tried again. I had to tell her the amount on each card before I swiped and that worked. That’s the first time I’ve had an issue and I was a little nervous. It was also dh’s first time doing serve

Last edited:
Chick fil a was offline with grub hub after I promised it to ds. Okay, I’ll just pick it up on the way to pick him up from his tutor. I get here and there are at least 25 cars in the drive through line. It’s almost 8 pm. I swear I need a chick fil a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter