I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 cards I want to go for in the next week or 2. Currently at 3/24 with another dropping off on 12/1.

1. SW Performance Business - Will do this before 10/16 end date.
2. Capital One Spark Business - (mailer to other person but was told on Reddit that I should be able to use it). $1000 cash for $10,000 spend (tuition). I understand that they pull from all 3 credit bureaus and that it will still report to my accounts and therefore I would be 4/24 until December when I drop back to 3/24 again. This offer is good until 10/22.

Don't have any MSR's right now and getting antsy. Do you think it will matter what order I do these in. If I try for the Cap 1 will that mess up the SW Card and Vice Versa. And do you think the Cap 1 card is worth a slot? I am thinking it is but want to make sure I am not missing anything.

I almost always pay mine but it's normally less than 30. One year I got $ back, since then I've had to pay. But I like to keep my payment under 400 so I don't have to remember what it is and just pay 400 or 415 each month.

We've gotten money back the last two years but I knew we were going to owe this year. I got rid of my jewelry insurance and added my wedding ring onto my homeowner's insurance after they calculated our escrow payments last year, and that added to our insurance amount.

We were looking at March and she’s be 4 in early June. The problem isn’t kids are 5 years apart. So by the time she’s 4, my son will be almost 9. And I’m a little concerned about the getting too cool for Disney age. The big age gap makes it hard to balance.
If it helps make a decision, our youngest turned 4 on our first DCL cruise and he does remember it. My husband is an amateur photographer and we always make photo books of our trips, so I think that helps him remember. I just booked our 6th DCL this morning (Panama Canal) so I would caution you that it can be addicting.

I would personally ask/see if it was a preferred room category. Congress Park is under refurb and looks pretty nice.

It’s not preferred, it’s standard. Either way, kinda nice to have a car at SS. Good deal even for standard though!

DP on AmEx Aspire $250.00 resort credit.

On September 16th I had the WA Maldives put through a $250.00 charge on the card (well in a roundabout way) to utilize the resort credit. When the amount hadn't credited back by mid-last week I called and the CSR said the earliest they could do the credit manually would be today. I called this morning and they issued me the $250.00 credit (the CSR asked what I spent the $250.00 on, to which I replied: 'the resort' - not sure if she was digging or looking to deny the credit).

I had read on FT that sometimes Hilton doesn't automatically issue the $250.00 yearly credit and in my case they didn't. At least it's been looked after now. I am now going to e-mail the resort and ask them to set up a $350.00 payment so I can make use of the $70.00 statement credit (which expires December 31st).

Okay I am beyond upset right now. I’m getting constant calls from numbers all over the country but mainly towns in Iowa and I know for a fact they aren’t from Iowa. They are all automated Chinese calls. They even leave me messages. I block every number but it’s getting so freaking annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this?!?!?!

Okay I am beyond upset right now. I’m getting constant calls from numbers all over the country but mainly towns in Iowa and I know for a fact they aren’t from Iowa. They are all automated Chinese calls. They even leave me messages. I block every number but it’s getting so freaking annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this?!?!?!

Welcome to my world... I block them and don’t answer calls if I don’t know the number but I agree it’s so annoying. I’ve been getting those calls for over a year. 😕

ok...looks like it's general consensus to go for CIP. I think I'm anxious about that one b/c of the high spend. Buttttt.... I can likely work something out where I partially hit MSR with him (and then like the mean mom that I am take some of those points!) I forget,how di y'all with kids work that out fairly?

I can tell you what we did. We said we would split the MSR and the points. DD too care of maybe 40% between organic spend and some Venmo and we finished it up with about a week to spare. She gave us half the points and still has a nice stash since she also has the CFU SUB.

Guys... I totally missed something yesterday... My card approved yesterday was NUMBER 80 in my churning career!! That counts all cards across 2 players. 😍 :sulley::cloud9::flower:

I had totally been planning to celebrate hitting 80 cards but I guess I was just wrapped up in other subjects and when I got approved forgot to call it out.

A quick rundown of all of our cards: :teacher:

Player 1: 48 cards
Chase 16
Amex 15
Citi 7
BoA 5
Barclays 3
TD Bank 1
Wells Fargo 1

Player 2: 32 cards
Chase 17
Amex 6
Citi 4
BoA 3
Barclays 1
TD Bank 1

And just in case you were wondering, the split is 25 biz cards and 55 personal cards.

BUT lately it's been all Biz cards as we've gotten 23 cards in the past 24 months and 21 of them have been Biz cards!

:thanks:Thanks for all the support this group provides to me as a churners!! You guys are awesome and make this game so fun! :disrocks: (and by the DIS, I mean THIS group, haha!)

We were looking at March and she’s be 4 in early June. The problem isn’t kids are 5 years apart. So by the time she’s 4, my son will be almost 9. And I’m a little concerned about the getting too cool for Disney age. The big age gap makes it hard to balance.
Oh I'm sure! I have two children, 17 years apart! Although I think it is harder with the 5 year gap. My DS is an adult so he doesn't really come on trips with us anymore, unless it is Universal. It's pretty much like I had an only child...twice. DS was alone on all our trips before DD and now DD is alone. I think your DS should still be ok at 8 or 9. All kids are different, but my DS didn't start the "too old for Disney" thing until 12/13.

Last edited:
Welcome to my world... I block them and don’t answer calls if I don’t know the number but I agree it’s so annoying. I’ve been getting those calls for over a year. 😕
I only answer calls if I know the person calling. If it's important, they'll leave me a message. I don't even bother blocking the spam calls because they're just spoofing numbers and will move on to a new number right away.

There was one week when I got a spam call every hour on my cell. It's so frustrating.

I can tell you what we did. We said we would split the MSR and the points. DD too care of maybe 40% between organic spend and some Venmo and we finished it up with about a week to spare. She gave us half the points and still has a nice stash since she also has the CFU SUB.
so... venmo- it's pretty straighforward,right? like using Paypal ,just pay a fee? if he can get a CIP, then after he can get a freedom which he will keep,( 3months later)

I only answer calls if I know the person calling. If it's important, they'll leave me a message. I don't even bother blocking the spam calls because they're just spoofing numbers and will move on to a new number right away.

There was one week when I got a spam call every hour on my cell. It's so frustrating.
I never answer either. It’s so annoying. I hope they move on to someone else soon and leave me alone

Guys... I totally missed something yesterday... My card approved yesterday was NUMBER 80 in my churning career!! That counts all cards across 2 players. 😍 :sulley::cloud9::flower:

I had totally been planning to celebrate hitting 80 cards but I guess I was just wrapped up in other subjects and when I got approved forgot to call it out.

A quick rundown of all of our cards: :teacher:

Player 1: 48 cards
Chase 16
Amex 15
Citi 7
BoA 5
Barclays 3
TD Bank 1
Wells Fargo 1

Player 2: 32 cards
Chase 17
Amex 6
Citi 4
BoA 3
Barclays 1
TD Bank 1

And just in case you were wondering, the split is 25 biz cards and 55 personal cards.

BUT lately it's been all Biz cards as we've gotten 23 cards in the past 24 months and 21 of them have been Biz cards!

:thanks:Thanks for all the support this group provides to me as a churners!! You guys are awesome and make this game so fun! :disrocks: (and by the DIS, I mean THIS group, haha!)

Your Chase numbers make me feel a lot better about going for more cards with them :rotfl2: But congrats!

I get a lot of calls from numbers I don’t recognize. I let these calls go to voicemail. Apparently, I’m wanted on felony charges in multiple states and I need to call back with my case number right away or they’ll send the police after me! It’s totally because of my highly illegal credit card churning because when I call in, they say I can pay the judgment against me with gift cards. How did they know?!

All my kids will tell you that DCL is their fave vacation. Hands down. Current ages 3, 9, 11, 20. The baby has sailed each year of her little life. I wouldn’t worry about your son aging out anytime soon.

Eta: I’d say it gets cooler around age 11-12 because they gain more independence on the ship and their club is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!