I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that call in for your spouse, have you ever not faked your voice and just sound confident when you say your name and verify the info they ask for to see if that works? I call in for my husband all the time and I use my regular voice, and they just call me Ms. <last name>. They have never questioned if I am actually him or not. In this day an age with female/male names being used on both genders and so many gender politics going on now I think the sound of a voice is not a big blip on the radar anymore. I talk to people every day on the phone all day and there are times I may think it is one gender and I am dead wrong. Just some food for thought. I may also have just been getting lucky with my phone calls.

I actually need to check pricing and flights on that one again. I know its basically the same ship but from Ohio its a heck of a lot closer lol. Plus we've been out of that port before and know what to expect.
I booked through RCCL so I could use my Arrival + to erase the deposit and then transferred it to Chase so I can use my URs to pay the balance. We have done the Allure of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale and it was awesome ship too. So I am expecting good things out of the Harmony. We have a balcony also. I just booked my flights last week for BWI for $119 going on Thurs evening and $129 coming back 1st flight out on Mon morning (used SW points not $) since the prices were ridiculous during the day on Sun and it made no sense to take the 11 pm. DS will just go into school late that day.

For those of you that call in for your spouse, have you ever not faked your voice and just sound confident when you say your name and verify the info they ask for? I call in for my husband all the time and I use my regular voice, and they just call me Ms. <last name>. They have never questioned if I am actually him or not. In this day an age with female/male names being used on both genders and so many gender politics going on now I think the sound of a voice is not a big blip on the radar anymore. I talk to people every day on the phone all day and there are times I may think it is one gender and I am dead wrong. Just some food for thought. I may also have just been getting lucky with my phone calls.
I do (not fake a voice) but DH has an Asian name that nobody probably knows what gender it should belong to.

Last edited:

I really wish DS would stop growing like a weed! Not a month into school and I already had to get him a larger size in his uniform pants! Luckily, I just exchanged the smaller size but then he needed jeans and a pink shirt for Breast Cancer Day so that helped with MSR since I got him 3 different shirt options :)

@PolyRob -(or anyone else who did BoA checking bonus) Did you close the account yet? I opened mine in June and got the bonus 8/22. I want to close it and was wondering if anyone had any DPs on closing right after getting the bonus. Also can you close online or do you have to call? Thanks!

For those of you that call in for your spouse, have you ever not faked your voice and just sound confident when you say your name and verify the info they ask for to see if that works? I call in for my husband all the time and I use my regular voice, and they just call me Ms. <last name>. They have never questioned if I am actually him or not. In this day an age with female/male names being used on both genders and so many gender politics going on now I think the sound of a voice is not a big blip on the radar anymore. I talk to people every day on the phone all day and there are times I may think it is one gender and I am dead wrong. Just some food for thought. I may also have just been getting lucky with my phone calls.

I don’t fake a voice.

If I swing by cheesecake factory on my way home from work tonight and buy a $10 gc, will my amex gold credit for September likely work, or will the potential delay in posting the charge mean that I'm burning my October credit instead?

I tried calling for one card, can’t recall which. They never called me out on it directly but kept telling me they couldn’t verify my identity. Sent me to another department to verify, answered all the questions they said I was good. Transferred me back to original department and was told I’d need to go thru identity verification. Again. I just hung up. Lol

They scan a QR code on the app. I'm so happy they have this so I don't have to carry another card around!! And it doesn't take up a slot in DH's 3-card wallet that he won't give up.
Does it show your picture when they scan it? Costco stores around here usually check to make sure it’s your picture on the back. How do I know? Well I may have tried to pass myself off as my dad once or twice...
OKAY Y’ALL so I called and they said I was denied for too much new credit with a Barclay’s Arrival+ in May and a Amex in June. I pointed out my newest account prior to that is 10 years old and she said well why do you need a new card if you have the Arrival+? I explained I live near an AA hub and wanted to diversify my portfolio ext ect but she said I didn’t even qualify for reconsideration because I have too many lines of credit. At 3 total ans 2 in the last year... I just gave up haha
Barcray-cray.
I really wish DS would stop growing like a weed! Not a month into school and I already had to get him a larger size in his uniform pants! Luckily, I just exchanged the smaller size but then he needed jeans and a pink shirt for Breast Cancer Day so that helped with MSR since I got him 3 different shirt options :)
I feel like I am constantly buying DS new pants. Summer is better because when the shorts get shorter no one really notices. Pants are harder, plus really hard to find after about January when they start selling shorts (February in Chicago is NOT shorts weather).

Last edited:
I’m new to the Gold so I’m curious about your last statement there. Is the concern that it won’t track because it’s the last day of the month?

I'm a day behind so this may have been answered. On the last couple of days there is a risk that the purchase may post in the next month. This happened to me. My purchase was on the 29th and it didn't post until the 1st of the following month. No $10 credit.

I actually liked the original windows in my last (1950s) house. Our current house was “updated” way too much. It’s a 1920s brick Chicago bungalow. What I suspect was an arch between living and dining rooms was removed, along with crown molding. Windows are new and ugly. Bathroom is new and too fancy for me and was expanded by removing the chimney, requiring a direct vent furnace and hot water heater. The kitchen wasn’t original but was hideous and had 5 layers of flooring. We did gut it and tried to give back some charm with subway tile and maple cabinets but so much detail is missing.

I live in a bungalow too, thankfully no one has done too much updating...it is the worst when updating to remove all the character, like just leave it all alone! These old houses have there quirks and they need lots of maintenance but so much nicer than a lot of the updates people tend to do.

I called for Dh once without realizing it was for his card. When they asked if I was him I just confidently said yes in my own voice lol

Delta hostages changes to existing cards and new offers drop tomorrow.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...ded-cards-higher-annual-fees-benefit-changes/
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/increased-american-express-delta-offers-starts-10-1/
DH and I do not have the Reserve (business or personal). I guess it is time for at least him to have a turn. Trying to decide if I should chat and cancel his 5th card that is up (product changed from Plat Delta Blue) or just apply for the Reserve and then make him call and have them say you have to cancel one.

Dh and I just went to see Abominable. I thought it looked stupid, but the ratings seemed pretty good so I asked Dh to go. It was only $6 because we went before 5 pm. The movie was actually pretty darn cute and had some really funny moments. There were points where Dh and I looked at each other and couldn't stop laughing.

Reminder to check United Mileage Plus App when shopping. I don't remember who it is that has posted the reminder here before, sorry I can't tag and give credit. I forget to use it most of the time but remembered today when out getting DS new pants. Not a huge earner but I have earned 1400 United Miles just using the App when I remember. Points are points!

I have to chime in about reading because it's my favorite. I regularly read over 100 books a year. It's usually split about 50/50 with books I read to the kids for school and ones I read for myself. I only count books that have actual chapters when reading to the kids, so not picture books.
We haven't unpacked the books yet at this house because I'm waiting for DH to build me some built ins. We have thousands probably. I have to rotate them in and out from storage.
DD 13 is a natural speed reader. She reads so much and so fast I can't even pretend to keep up. One year she tracked over 350 books. She usually doesn't keep track because she moves on from one to another so fast. Not easy books either. I don't understand it but wish I could read like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter