I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s awesome that’s what I’m hoping for! I’ll try to remember to report back after my trip in November.

Off topic, but does anyone have recommendations for WDW restaurants that have a bar where you can eat? I’ve done a few but would love to hear others’ thoughts.
Frequent solo traveler here. I agree with previous comment on Tune-In Lounge at HS. Have eaten there several times. I also like Nomad Lounge at AK (lots of room) and Yak & Yeti (tiny, like 6 seats total?). When at MK I sometimes walk over to the Wave Lounge for a sandwich & a beer or two. I have heard good things about the bar at Sanaa at AKl but haven't made it there yet.

Frequent solo traveler here. I agree with previous comment on Tune-In Lounge at HS. Have eaten there several times. I also like Nomad Lounge at AK (lots of room) and Yak & Yeti (tiny, like 6 seats total?). When at MK I sometimes walk over to the Wave Lounge for a sandwich & a beer or two. I have heard good things about the bar at Sanaa at AKl but haven't made it there yet.

Dh and I frequent the bar at Sanaa. We don't normally eat there, just have a drink to get away from our offspring :laughing: when we're staying at Kidani, but you can order from the full Sanaa menu. It's a smallish space tucked to the left when you enter Sanaa. There's one big table (as of last year) and several smaller tables, plus the bar stools of course. We've found the bartenders there to be fantastic. Plus, it's a really chill space.

Is it possible to do a biz card app as sole proprietor with an EIN instead of my SSN? My lastest (and first churning) application was CIP last month, so I know I should wait before doing another biz card with my SSN. I'm really wanting to get the SUB for the SW performance biz card before the 80K miles goes away, so I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to apply without my SSN. DH just got his CIP a couple weeks ago, or I'd have him sign up.

Question on the Serve loads w/ the Staples VGC back. I've always asked to do $200. And use 1 card to pay. And then try to hit 1 more register to do another $200 load. It's annoying as I can only do the regular lines and the customer service desk. And often the 1 checkout they have is a LONG line and then sometimes another LONG line at CS.

So when I'm doing $1k in VGC it takes me a few trips. Are any of you loading more (like $400)? Can you swipe 2 different cards for payment?

Is it possible to do a biz card app as sole proprietor with an EIN instead of my SSN? My lastest (and first churning) application was CIP last month, so I know I should wait before doing another biz card with my SSN. I'm really wanting to get the SUB for the SW performance biz card before the 80K miles goes away, so I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to apply without my SSN. DH just got his CIP a couple weeks ago, or I'd have him sign up.
Even EIN biz apps require SSN within the app as the person is ultimately responsible for the account.

Even EIN biz apps require SSN within the app as the person is ultimately responsible for the account.
Bummer, I was hoping using an EIN would be a work around. Hopefully they extend the 80k bonus so I can still take advantage in November (I won't hold my breath though :'( )

That’s awesome that’s what I’m hoping for! I’ll try to remember to report back after my trip in November.

Off topic, but does anyone have recommendations for WDW restaurants that have a bar where you can eat? I’ve done a few but would love to hear others’ thoughts.
My DH’s fave place to eat at wdw is crews cup lounge at YC. It is a best kept secret. I even go if it is just me and a kid. The sliders are soooo good.

Were you able to pay with a CC? I thought the variable cards were cash only?

Bought them at fred meyer (pnw kroger) with my cip the past 3 months with no issue. So as long as the store takes.cc for gc it shouldn't matter which type.

Some discussion on DL bag benefit and Amex's confusing language regarding booking with DL card on r/churning I flew a couple weeks ago, didn't pay with my DL card, got my free checked bag. Imho jury is out on if there is an actual change coming down the pike or if Amex screwed up the ad for the benefit.

ETA: 3rd option- this language has always been there in the ad but not the terms

Last edited:
here's a question..... so I booked some flights last week when SWA opened up.... at the time I was super busy and didn't pay much attention to prices other than the quick jumps... so I went today to switch my dates and realized I paid 2 different prices on the the same flight.... (I know how this usually works) so original plans I booked 2 flights together first ,and 1 on its own (same flight) so I paid 17,174 pp for the 2 together...and after that,I paid 16,230 for the 1 person.... fast foward to today- I switch the dates to a cheaper flight, and the 2 together,I got 3,919 pp points credit.(so 13,255 pp) then I got 5,296 credit on the 1 person res.(10,934 pp) if there were 3 left at the low price (it stated there were) why the higher price for the 2 I did first?
this is especially interesting b/c the flights had the certain # of seats left at the price, but booking 2 at once made it jump...then it booked at the lower for the 1.....I'm confused.
Anyone following this? (I made 1 separate booking b/c not sure if DS will come or not)

Burgers: I have both In n Out and Five Guys here. I don't love In n Out but the one time I had Five Guys, the fries were incredibly greasy so I don't need to go back.

Smashburger is my favorite! Do you all have Smashburger where you are?? Try it!
I don’t mind Smashburger, enjoyed the spicy one with the jalapeños, but they didn’t last long around here. The one closest closed after a couple years.
I hadn't thought of the reading thing... I used to read avidly (although I do re-read the same books over and over if I love them) and with school (therefore having a computer in front of me all the time... even at the table where I used to read) and now this thread/reddit, I definitely have not been reading at all. It's sad, really.

Also I despise e-readers but books are so cumbersome to haul around, so even on the rare times I have "down time" during travel, I tend not to read.
I didn’t love my Kindle at first but now I do. We literally have hundreds, maybe thousands, of books. In our last house, we converted the attached garage into a library. However, as you said books are cumbersome. I do a lot of reading at night, right before going to sleep. If I’m reading a book, not only is it harder to read while lying in bed, when I’m done I have to get up and turn the light off. Kindle solves that. Plus I never lack for books. Finish one, the next one is right there. No going to the shelf or library or bookstore. I probably read even more books now that I have a Kindle
I read a lot, but I don’t keep track. I should probably start doing that....
Why? I’m not sure I get the point of tracking how many books I read. It’s not a contest, I’m just reading for fun.
@CyndiLouWho and anyone else who celebrates...Shana Tova!
Thanks. But I’m not Jewish. Appreciate the sentiment though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter