I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done PPO BOG and recommend it? It is on an EMM magic morning, if that matters.
I think it being an EMM morning will negate BOG PPO, that's what happened to us. Did it once and it was great, we got to ride Mine Train before park officially opened. Another time it was EMM, we didn't even think to check that when booking. We got in line for Mine Train anyways and waited just over an hour (DH didn't believe the cast member with the sign on the stick at the end of the line for some reason :confused3 )
I've never gotten into hotels.com cards but I see a lot of people doing this....may have to look into it for some non chain options in the future.
I like to keep a stash since you can often get GCs for 10-20% off, get 5-10% through a shopping portal when you book, and earn credit towards free nights. Sometimes they are a hair higher than other sites, but the other sites stacking deals aren't anywhere near as good in my experience.

I'll just leave these here:

Pecan and Bacon Donuts

View attachment 416606

Short Rib Hash

View attachment 416607

Hallelujah Biscuit (scrambled eggs instead of over easy)

View attachment 416608

And this DR has a couple other things in it, from when we went with Disboard friends.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/hhn-28-weekend-completed-11-10.3707686/post-59875808
I did the hallelujah biscuits too but didn't really eat them. Warning to others, they aren't breasts, they are thighs. :crazy2:

yes, go to any Safeway and friends app and search for it there. Ive already used it so its off my app now, cant tell u what is on it... :\

Thanks! I went and found out I need nothing at all. But I did find a $5 off $50 plus they mailed me 2 of the $10 off $50ties.

not sure... contradictory with the new site... i think?
edit: i guess we will find out next month lol.
s80v3fj.jpg
Yes. this is why I opened the Chat. I made my payment July 5. I was told my points would post after statement close on July 29.

no, but i get 10% with AP.
Ahhh, ok. I would have said if she got some "magical" discount that was going away when she finished, I would do that before it was too late.

I would honestly still probably consider that because eating in the castle is pretty cool. 😂 Haven't done it since... 2016 and it feels long overdue!

I think it being an EMM morning will negate BOG PPO, that's what happened to us. Did it once and it was great, we got to ride Mine Train before park officially opened. Another time it was EMM, we didn't even think to check that when booking. We got in line for Mine Train anyways and waited just over an hour (DH didn't believe the cast member with the sign on the stick at the end of the line for some reason :confused3 )

Were you lined up to head over to SDMT at 8:45? Apparently they hold people on the side of MT, near BOG, and then walk the line over around 8:55, so you should be just a min or 2 ahead of the RDs.

Ahhh, ok. I would have said if she got some "magical" discount that was going away when she finished, I would do that before it was too late.

I would honestly still probably consider that because eating in the castle is pretty cool. 😂 Haven't done it since... 2016 and it feels long overdue!
This may be a good option. Thank you. It is just me, DD20 and DD3, so it is a good time to do it, with my boys staying home. I've only done it once before, when DD20 was in 2nd grade...so it has been awhile.

Were you lined up to head over to SDMT at 8:45? Apparently they hold people on the side of MT, near BOG, and then walk the line over around 8:55, so you should be just a min or 2 ahead of the RDs.
Yup, that's what they did. But on the EMM day we were behind the EMM people... so even though we weren't more than 50 people back in the BOG line, it was a good hour wait.

Last minute planning help please...

Options for MK day: EMM ($240ish), CRT ($200ish), BOG PPO with plans to hop in line for SDMT just barely ahead of hte RD crowds (never done this).

Of note, I have no SDMT FP this time, but hope to grab using the drop method. Also of note, I love EMM but they are costly and we are planning to do one in TL also.

For the PPO BOG, i read you can get in right before 8, no matter what time your ADR is. Mine is 8:20. Would plan to be at MK around 7:45. I dont want to spend $28 for myself and DD20 for eggs...I don't even eat that early. Can we order kids meals or split an adult entree? I know that works fine at lunch. Has anyone done PPO BOG and recommend it? It is on an EMM magic morning, if that matters.
We have done PPO BOG twice on EMM days and it worked but was so stressful the last time that I won't do it again with a young kid. Both times we have arrived before 8, been let in immediately at 8ish, ordered after 5-10 minute wait, and then sat for 20+ minutes waiting for food. When it came we ate quickly but then a poorly time potty break (unexpected as we had taken her shortly before the food came) threw our plans off.

In both cases there was a line outside the restaurant for 7DMT and we were able to line up before 9. At 9 they led us to the line before the crowds descended. The potty break delayed us the second visit and we rushed into line just before the crowds (I would say we were 6 feet in front of the first person entering from the front of the park) and that was too close for my taste. In both situations we shared food and it wasn't a problem. I think we added a second drink since we had 3 people (2 adults and a 3yo). I think it can be worth it, but for me I was sitting there stressed out about how ling the food was taking as 9 approached and we had to race through eating a bit. If you can justify the cost of the food for the ride (and not count on a pleasant dining experience) it might be a good solution.

This may be a good option. Thank you. It is just me, DD20 and DD3, so it is a good time to do it, with my boys staying home. I've only done it once before, when DD20 was in 2nd grade...so it has been awhile.
I definitely say go for it then! It will be worth it with a smaller group that will really appreciate it! I think you will also be able to pickup a 7DMT FP+

Please help. I’m so confused and frustrated with figuring out which card to use for a few upcoming Marriott stays...
I currently have gold elite status with Marriott if that matters. I have the following cards:
Marriott Bonvoy Amex (originally the SPG Amex)
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless VISA (originally Marriott Rewsrds VISA)
Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex

Which one is going to give me the most points/bang for my buck? It seems like they’re all 6x points at hotels but then maybe there’s upgraded points with status?

I’m so confused by the card changes. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Options for MK day: EMM ($240ish), CRT ($200ish), BOG PPO with plans to hop in line for SDMT just barely ahead of hte RD crowds (never done this).

Of note, I have no SDMT FP this time, but hope to grab using the drop method. Also of note, I love EMM but they are costly and we are planning to do one in TL also.

For the PPO BOG, i read you can get in right before 8, no matter what time your ADR is. Mine is 8:20. Would plan to be at MK around 7:45. I dont want to spend $28 for myself and DD20 for eggs...I don't even eat that early. Can we order kids meals or split an adult entree? I know that works fine at lunch. Has anyone done PPO BOG and recommend it? It is on an EMM magic morning, if that matters.
I'd personally opt for the EMM since it includes both food and rides. I have young kiddos (6,4,4) and they're early risers though.

But CRT sounds fun, and I've never done it. Considering it for our trip since our twins are princess obsessed.

I finally finished the Toy Story outfits for my kids so we saw the movie yesterday! I was a little nervous about how we’d like it after seeing some of the reviews, but we really liked it!View attachment 415413

I didn't think I was going to like it either from the comments I read but I actually liked it, didn't hate Bonnie, and was ok with the ending. I thought it was better than 3. DD3 wants to be Bo Peep for Halloween. SHe says she can protect us with her stick, lol. Love the outfits by the way!
Guess what I got in the mail today

Jealous!
The black band with all the characters? I really like that one! I may have to make it my AP band lol
I actually snagged that TS4 band for my DD3. I was regretting it because it has so much black but she loves it! It is pretty cool.
Might be worth ringing up the restaurant direct. I remember last year looking for Wine Bar George reservations and Disney had very little left but OpenTable had any time under the sun we could want. Then there is always a credit card concierge like Visa Infinite (CSR) or Amex Plat concierge as another alternative. Unfortunately Homecoming doesn’t do reservations on OpenTable :(
How did you like Wine Bar George? I have a reservation there for my October trip. I've been dying to try it!
Just caught up since I couldn’t read the thread any yesterday.

I had P2 self refer with his plat for the HHBiz just last month but his MR are still there as of this morning. But that’s the only self refer we’ve done. I guess there’s nothing to be done. If your balance is 0 they just take you down to negative MRs? Hopefully the clawbacks won’t happen to us small potatoes.

Homecomin wasn’t on my radar for brunch, but seriously guys...going to sign up for an alert from TP if an ADR pops up at a good time for us. It looks and sounds wonderful!
Right?! I really wanted to try Wine Bar George, but I may have to try Homecomin too. I can do brunch there and then dinner at Wine Bar George I think! lol

I did the PPO BOG once and like others mentioned it worked great because they line you up before opening to beat the rush of opening crowds. Since it is EMM though, I'd probably do CRT.

Last edited:
For those who had to submit all of that ridiculous documentation to Barclay, is there anyway to know if they have received it? I sent it on Tues and, of course, am very nervous now that I easily opened myself up for identity theft.
I sent dh’s info in and never heard a single thing from Barclay again. No card. Nothing. So irritating 😠

Please help. I’m so confused and frustrated with figuring out which card to use for a few upcoming Marriott stays...
I currently have gold elite status with Marriott if that matters. I have the following cards:
Marriott Bonvoy Amex (originally the SPG Amex)
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless VISA (originally Marriott Rewsrds VISA)
Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex

Which one is going to give me the most points/bang for my buck? It seems like they’re all 6x points at hotels but then maybe there’s upgraded points with status?

I’m so confused by the card changes. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Your Marriott Gold status is independent of the card you use to pay for your stay, so you'll get the extra elite points no matter which card you use (it can be Chase, Citi, Barclays, BoA, whatever).

All your Marriott cards earn the same 6x at Marriott properties, as you figured out, so no one card is better than another. Although if you have the Amex offer on one of them ($40 off $200 at Marriott Bonvoy), then use that card. I believe the $200 must be in one single charge.

Your Marriott Gold status is independent of the card you use to pay for your stay, so you'll get the extra elite points no matter which card you use (it can be Chase, Citi, Barclays, BoA, whatever).

All your Marriott cards earn the same 6x at Marriott properties, as you figured out, so no one card is better than another. Although if you have the Amex offer on one of them ($40 off $200 at Marriott Bonvoy), then use that card. I believe the $200 must be in one single charge.
Thank you so much! I thought that they were all the same but then I thought there was like certain points you could earn through status- like a 25% bonus or something that I don’t really understand. I don’t actually care about status but just wanted to make sure I was getting the most bang for my buck.
Thanks again!

My dd16 just did her first personal shopper experience at Target. It was helping a blind man do his shopping. Should have been no big deal. BUT he was dressed like a woman and shopping for bikinis for himself 😂 Said even though she was highly disturbed, she stayed low key about it all :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter