I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you like Wine Bar George? I have a reservation there for my October trip. I've been dying to try it!
LOVED it. We're going back this trip. We did the fish dish to share and it was perfection. We got there like an hour or two before our res but they couldn't fit us in, we saw 4 spots at the downstairs bar and asked if we could just sit there instead and they said yes. We ordered our full meal there and the bartender was awesome about the wines, we're hoping to be able to eat at the downstairs bar again if we get that lucky and spy seats!

My dd16 just did her first personal shopper experience at Target. It was helping a blind man do his shopping. Should have been no big deal. BUT he was dressed like a woman and shopping for bikinis for himself 😂 Said even though she was highly disturbed, she stayed low key about it all :rotfl:
Wow, well good for her!!

And quoting myself, thanks for all the likes and Haha's!!

My last card was late March - the only card in 2019 - because I went hog wild in 2018 with I think 8 cards - wild for me!

Met the spend on that card in one transaction. It was the NFCU Flagship visa and my points finally posted on this months statement. Not complaining - it's plain and simple cash and between that and a few UR's I have plans for it. Tax free cash!! Does anybody add in that aspect for value when you cash out for cash or gift cards?

So now I can't wait to get to next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also want some CIPpy, but I am LOL/24 and won't be under 5/24 until June 2020. I hit AMEX hard last year while doing the Schwab cashout. We will buy a car at the end of the year, so I'm laying off the personal cards until then. I figured if I can go 6 months with only biz cards then I can do a year to get under 5/24. I'm hoping to jump on the grAAvy train soon with their biz cards, but last year neither Citi nor Barclays would play with me. I'll be trying again soon.

Bought a $100 gift card at Kroger last night. No dosh notification until this morning. Dosh seems random but all of mine have tracked so far. Did not track for gas.

I still feel kinda dumb/bad about it instead of excited for the new card. I used DoCs list and it showed all 3 but I did 2 and prob should have thought to look on ck or just do all 3 which I ended up doing anyway in the end. I wanted to send myself to the shun corner for it cause now it all seems so obvious and caused me unnecessary worry. Lesson learned.
Aw, don't feel bad. At least you figured it out. Sometimes, I feel bad because I feel like a sponge soaking up all the knowledge here. I want to be a giver too, but a lot of it is new for me and I don't want to offer any incorrect advice.

I sent dh’s info in and never heard a single thing from Barclay again. No card. Nothing. So irritating 😠
Did you- uh he- call? Did you send tracking with the info?

@Alexle2007 did you send tracking with your info? After they get it takes a couple days to get it uploaded into their system. After that it takes a few days to like a week I think to get it reviewed. I called them and once it was uploaded into the system the phone rep was able to retrieve it and do the verification then.

Anyone sending info like this PLEASE TRACK IT. Pay the like $7 and send it Certified Mail for your peace of mind.

LOVED it. We're going back this trip. We did the fish dish to share and it was perfection. We got there like an hour or two before our res but they couldn't fit us in, we saw 4 spots at the downstairs bar and asked if we could just sit there instead and they said yes. We ordered our full meal there and the bartender was awesome about the wines, we're hoping to be able to eat at the downstairs bar again if we get that lucky and spy seats!
Great, thanks so much! This just confirms I am keeping my reservation! I'm debating the fish or the skirt steak to share. I'd rather the fish but DH prefers steak. Either way, I can't wait!

Did you- uh he- call? Did you send tracking with the info?

@Alexle2007 did you send tracking with your info? After they get it takes a couple days to get it uploaded into their system. After that it takes a few days to like a week I think to get it reviewed. I called them and once it was uploaded into the system the phone rep was able to retrieve it and do the verification then.

Anyone sending info like this PLEASE TRACK IT. Pay the like $7 and send it Certified Mail for your peace of mind.
I do wish I had paid for tracking! I just figured it’d be fine. Like most of our mailings.

No, he didn’t call. We read Barclay biz can be grueling and I only ask him to call when it’s a must do situation.

Last edited:
I've never gotten into hotels.com cards but I see a lot of people doing this....may have to look into it for some non chain options in the future.
They are handy to have and always discounted somewhere. I also watch for 10% off hotels.com promo codes to max out the savings. The main problem with the GCs is that you can't combine them online. I had to combine 15 cards in order to book the DL Hotel Paris so had to call in to do it. The reps were very nice about it though and the savings was sure worth it!

No, he didn’t call. We read Barclay biz can be grueling and I only ask him to call when it’s a must do situation.
Gotcha. Mine was for a personal card pre 6/24 days so I wasn't too worried but this reminds me I forgot to mention @Alexle2007 for me the key was to immediately ask for the "Security Department for ID verification, I sent them my docs". I recall because I tracked it like a hawk and called daily after they got it lol. I had a method to that phone call by the time my approval came through and this was about 2 years ago now.

They are handy to have and always discounted somewhere. I also watch for 10% off hotels.com promo codes to max out the savings. The main problem with the GCs is that you can't combine them online. I had to combine 15 cards in order to book the DL Hotel Paris so had to call in to do it. The reps were very nice about it though and the savings was sure worth it!
I hate that they took away the tool to combine online :(

when you guys checked your MR balances, did u guys notice the new layout with the new feature? It seems to me MR points will now post a few days after you make payment... a great improvement over having to wait a month.

newegg.com has them on sale for 15% off. LINK
By chance do any portals work? I don't think I've ever ordered anything from newegg. Just wanted to check!

ETA: Debated too long, out of stock :(

But filing away that you booked a DLP hotel with them... :D

Amex taketh, and Amex giveth. Referrals from the Business Platinum card now earn 20k MR, with an annual cap of 55k MR per card account.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/refe...ess-platinum-card-and-get-20000-bonus-points/
This follows on Amex increasing the bonus on referrals from the BBP yesterday.

The Biz Plat can refer to any other Amex-branded and co-branded card. At 20k MR, this (tied with the BGR/Biz Gold) is the most valuable card from which to refer. Given reports that Amex is clawing back bonuses from self-referrals, do not use this to self-refer!

Remember, there is a targeted upgrade offer for the Biz Green and BGR/Biz Gold to upgrade to the Biz Plat for 50k MR after spending $10k in 5 months, and paying a prorated plus new Biz Plat AF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts