I know, AGAIN? WDW College Program acceptances on the way - Z2H? UPDATE - SHE'S IN!!!

I have been following this thread and am excited to come back and find you got in!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Danica, that is wonderful!!! We knew you were perfect for Disney! When do you start?

Thank you so much everyone!!! It means so much to me that you all were here over the past seasons, waiting with me, and it finally worked out!

I will hopefully see a lot of you down there. I plan on bringing my laptop with me, and staying in touch, so I can meet up on my day off, or you can come ride while I'm working!

It's still so surreal, I don't know when it will really hit me... probably when the purple folder actually gets here. :upsidedow

Lisa - I would start on the 30th of August (I still need to get my letter so I can go online and accept it, and pick dates) so that I can still go on most of the vacation with my family - I miss out on the cruise.. oh well.

Rebecca - Oh man! I cannot imagine how the people working Stitch stand it! I never thought of that...

Thank you so much everyone!!! It means so much to me that you all were here over the past seasons, waiting with me, and it finally worked out!

I will hopefully see a lot of you down there. I plan on bringing my laptop with me, and staying in touch, so I can meet up on my day off, or you can come ride while I'm working!

It's still so surreal, I don't know when it will really hit me... probably when the purple folder actually gets here. :upsidedow

Lisa - I would start on the 30th of August (I still need to get my letter so I can go online and accept it, and pick dates) so that I can still go on most of the vacation with my family - I miss out on the cruise.. oh well.

Rebecca - Oh man! I cannot imagine how the people working Stitch stand it! I never thought of that...

Hey -- my trip is Aug 29 -- Sept 12! Keep me posted on your schedule. I'd love to stop by to say hi!

Just in case anyone isn't on the Daily Grind... I got in!

Here's the story I posted there:

There was nothing in the mail when I checked, so I called, and after he checked who I was, he said he had to go find out what was going on, and I got put on hold. After a little bit, he came back, and said he was told to make a magical moment for me - what was the role I really wanted? And I said I'd be happy with anything, but he said "C'mon, what do you really want?" And so I said "Attractions" and he said "Really? Well, you got Attractions!" So I started crying and thanking him, and was soooo happy!

I'm going to Disney World! :teeth:

WOOOO!!!!:woohoo: I'm meeting with the college reps on Thursday, I hope I make it to attractions too!

My friend Zac works attractions. He started at Stitch. Seemed like he was always outside handling the queue. Can't say as I blame him.:rotfl:

My DH loves Stitch! I hate when he burps, but other than that, it's an okay "ride" (Morgan hates it, but we can usually talk her into going).

I could take your place!:goodvibes

So we will still see you at the SDV breakfast at Ohana's? Good!

That would be awesome! And I hope you have a really short wait!

So I went to the meeting today, found out it was basically the e-presentation and there was no need to wait (oh well, I did meet the WDW ambassador from 2008!) and had to wait until after orchestra rehearsal tonight to start. The torture! I started the application and found out that it goes straight into the web interview, if you let it. I was so jazzed I just dove straight in, and at the end found out I was a strong candidate!
:banana:
I tried to call for my interview, but since it's nearly 3 in Orlando, they weren't answering....:rolleyes1 I'll keep you updated Z2H since I'm planning on being down there with you. How was the phone interview? I'm a little nervous about that, I'm terrible on the phone!

So I went to the meeting today, found out it was basically the e-presentation and there was no need to wait (oh well, I did meet the WDW ambassador from 2008!) and had to wait until after orchestra rehearsal tonight to start. The torture! I started the application and found out that it goes straight into the web interview, if you let it. I was so jazzed I just dove straight in, and at the end found out I was a strong candidate!
:banana:
I tried to call for my interview, but since it's nearly 3 in Orlando, they weren't answering....:rolleyes1 I'll keep you updated Z2H since I'm planning on being down there with you. How was the phone interview? I'm a little nervous about that, I'm terrible on the phone!

That's awesome! The WDW Ambassador from 2008 does the College Program now? That's so cool! And yeah, it's basically the E-presentation, but not quite as cheesy, haha.

I am so glad you're so excited about this - I think I called around midnight Orlando time when I finished the web interview, just like you.. and then realized. :rolleyes1

The phone interview is not bad... I am not that good on the phone either, but what I suggest doing is looking up common interview questions for the roles you'd like, and think about what you'd like to say.

Then print out a list of all of the roles you want, and put bullet points by the name with words or key phrases you want to hit when talking about that role or the program in general.

They will probably ask you "Why do you want to work for Disney?" or "What do you think makes you a good fit for this program?" so definitely think about that beforehand and jot some notes down.

Other than that, they ask you about tattoos, hair, piercings, jailtime (same stuff as on the application, they just have to confirm), and sometimes questions about diversity and roommates.

Also, they asked me about my previous job experience, what I did, which job I liked best, something I did to go above and beyond for a customer, if I ever had to deal with a boss (I haven't gotten that one for a since the first interview, so I don't know if they still ask it.)

Alright, so after that novel, I hope you have a good idea! Haha. If you don't, I'll try to explain anything else.

ZTH~ will you start a blog while there so we can live vicariously through you?
and Macca and Tigger too? You all would have faithful followers!
Do you have dates yet?

and now on the selfish side, we're losing good swapers! Who's going to host the color swap? can PBF handle this without you? and whats going to happen to Leo?
stay tuned for the answers to these and many other questions!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter