How will all of this affect Reflections?

I might be in the minority, but I actually find the concept art for Reflections to be much more appealing than CCV. It seems more heavily themed and the room layouts look incredible to me.

It also has more offerings that would interest our family - straight shot of fireworks viewing, a lazy river and massive pool area, waterfront table service restaurant, walking distance to Hoop dee doo and fort wilderness...

That being said, I'm really hoping the points won't be on par with Riviera. Hoping for a bit less! Also hoping that this economic slowdown won't see any of the planned amenities cut.

I might be in the minority, but I actually find the concept art for Reflections to be much more appealing than CCV. It seems more heavily themed and the room layouts look incredible to me.

It also has more offerings that would interest our family - straight shot of fireworks viewing, a lazy river and massive pool area, waterfront table service restaurant, walking distance to Hoop dee doo and fort wilderness...

That being said, I'm really hoping the points won't be on par with Riviera. Hoping for a bit less! Also hoping that this economic slowdown won't see any of the planned amenities cut.
Can you share anything you have on room layouts, the low restitution floor plans I have found are hard to tell

We love the Wilderness lodge, fort wilderness and own at CCV. I would totally add on at Reflections since we just love the theming. But if points are much higher than CCV (and honestly they probably will be), we’ll prob just add on resale at CCV. I wonder if they’d do something like AKL and do DVC club level? That would separate it from offerings at CCV
I have been surprised DVC has not done a CL floor, since it allow for more points for DVD to sell at almost no up front cost. Also the members pay the operating cost through dues so there seams very little downside to Disney

Reactions: cm8

I have been surprised DVC has not done a CL floor, since it allow for more points for DVD to sell at almost no up front cost. Also the members pay the operating cost through dues so there seams very little downside to Disney
I’ve been a bit miffed about why they haven’t added anymore CL floors either... When We bought BLT, we were staying at the GFRPC and they were all about trying to get us to buy AKV for the ability to book CL. We sided with BLT since we didn’t want to have to struggle with strollers on a bus! When VGF was open for presale, we jumped on it. Was hoping for another CL but that never happened either.

Anyone know why they haven’t added anymore?

Can you share anything you have on room layouts, the low restitution floor plans I have found are hard to tell
Sure - here's a great thread started by @rteetz .

https://www.disboards.com/threads/reflections-a-disney-lakeside-resort.3712289/
Also: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share the website on here, but if you google 'concept art for Reflections,' you'll find that one of the major Disney news sites has a number of articles showcasing the concept art and layouts. :)

Also: I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share the website on here, but if you google 'concept art for Reflections,' you'll find that one of the major Disney news sites has a number of articles showcasing the concept art and layouts. :)
Thanks, yes the concept are of rooms looks good, though I have learned the in creating it they often sacrifice dimensional accuracy to creating a look.

I would expect nothing less with the points as I feel it will be more popular than Riviera.

Thanks, yes the concept are of rooms looks good, though I have learned the in creating it they often sacrifice dimensional accuracy to creating a look.

Are you guys finding actual floorplans somewhere? Maybe I'm blind....

When 9/11 hit with its economic downturn, DVC dropped an already announced new DVC resort where the Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines golf courses were (an area now controlled by Four Seasons). After 9/11, it never even mentioned it was dropping that resort (and actually never again mentioned that resort at all) but instead just announced that the new DVC resort would be SSR in the area of the Disney Institute (which was "temporarily" closed right after 9/11 hit).

However, by 9/11 there had been no construction work at all on that new resort. As to Reflections, construction has already begun, making abandonment an unlikely choice. All such construction has been delayed for a few months but I suspect that eventually the resort will be added.

Last edited:

My family felt the same as well! Rivera never really interested us, but the location and theming of Reflections was compelling enough that we would consider buying even with the resale restrictions. I hope it does not go the way of the classic years at POP!

Back in early April, Disney filed a number of "permits" (technically, notice of commencements) for Reflections, so it's still being built. A notice of commencement is filed when work is about to begin on a project.

My family felt the same as well! Rivera never really interested us, but the location and theming of Reflections was compelling enough that we would consider buying even with the resale restrictions. I hope it does not go the way of the classic years at POP!

Points chart will be the determining factor for me - much more so than the resale restrictions.

Wow.

Maybe they'll go back to converting hotel rooms to DVC units if the effects of COVID are long lasting. I assume that's faster and reduces hotel inventory.

Wow.

Maybe they'll go back to converting hotel rooms to DVC units if the effects of COVID are long lasting. I assume that's faster and reduces hotel inventory.
When was the last time they didn’t have any WDW resorts for sale? Was it before OKW was announced? After RIV sells out it’s gonna be just Aulani; perhaps they can get Disneyland Hotel Villas to the point where they can sell them but with them still needing the city and state to sign off it’s not going to be quick.

I remember a drought after we bought BCV. Can't quite remember the timing but there was definitely a lull between when WL (BR)/BC sold out and the new crop of AK, BLT, and SSR came online. Maybe 05-06?

I remember a drought after we bought BCV. Can't quite remember the timing but there was definitely a lull between when WL (BR)/BC sold out and the new crop of AK, BLT, and SSR came online. Maybe 05-06?

From the DVC resource thread:

February 3, 2002 -- Sales begin for BCV

March 6, 2002 - Reservations begin for BCV

June, 2002 -- $80 per point

Dec 1, 2002 -- $84 per point (announced early Oct.)

Aug 4, 2003 -- $89 per point (SSR Sales begin with $10 discount = $79) with expiration in 2054.

May, 2004 -- SSR opens.

It didn't list when BCV sold out but I believe it took 2 years +/-? SSR was on sale 1.5 years after BCV began sales and opened a little over 9 months later. Probably a little time between BCV sales ending and SSR opening but they still had a WDW resort for sale the entire time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter