How many of ya'll been "bitten" by the Concierge "bug"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy - I'm so sorry I missed your birthday - So happy belated birthday to you :bday: ! I know it was a stressful one. Your family is my prayers as well :D.

Just swinging a "hello" to all you lizards!

I feel like I'm on "lock down" here at work. UUUGGGHHHH! Everyone is asking when's my big trip coming up & I keep telling them what my counter says ;) :sunny:. I bet they can't wait until I go. I know I can't. It's the only thing right now keeping me smiling around here.

Luckywife - :Pinkbounc :goodvibes :cheer2: :cool1: :rockband: You're almost outta here, baby! I'm glad to hear the good news on your DS. You enjoy your time down there! :teeth:

Debbie - Poly or Contemporary...hhmmmm....I'm just kind of leaning towards the Poly, but it's just my 2 cents.

DF - Wishing you the best for your DD's party!

Floridafam - I hope you are having a swell time at Vero Beach! Thanks for the tidbits on WL experience. It made me giggle!

ADVICE NEEDED: Would you say it's worth it to upgrade to the YS just for one or two nights? I'm leaning towards not and just keeping the standard CL room. I already have a split stay so I don't know how DH would react to changing rooms. That might be a little over kill for him. I could probably at least swing it the last night we are there. I could sneak over and move our luggage in the afternoon without his knowledge. I just don't know if it's going to be worth the work. I was thinking of holding out and do a suite for another trip from start to finish. On the other hand, I'm already going all out for us and figured "why not?" Dilemas...

I hope the sun is shining where ever you are today! I'll have to chat later. :wave2:

I know I haven't posted much, but I read this almost every day.

Look at my counter! :Pinkbounc I am leaving for the airport in ten minutes.

Thanks to everyone for all the help I have received planning this trip. I was nervous and excited, now I am just very excited. (my kids are too, btw!)

I am also excited to stay CL for the first time! I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

sr6888-have a great trip! Talk about counter envy! You'll love YC!

hightown-some folks say don't book the room at rack because then Disney won't have incentive to discount rooms but if I were you I'd book now. Have you tried for AAA discount? I could have apply AP to my Jan room but ended up using the package discount. My feeling is that while the rooms at AP are limited so too are the CL rooms. So it may be that when they release AP discounts there aren't any GVC rooms left but that doesn't mean that they sold all the AP rooms. Does that make any sense? I say book your room now so you have it then work on getting a discount. You just pay the 1 night deposit now and then have til 5 days out to cancel. I think you'll love the Poly.

Hi all!
Just finishing up some last minute laundry/packing before we leave. We decided to head out a day early-we're leaving this evening when DH gets home from work! I just wanted to thank ALL of you for always answering my questions and giving me some great ideas for our first CL stay. I'm SO excited! To everyone leaving soon-have safe and wonderful trips. :sunny:

I lost my counter inserting BT's cool clippie. I hope it is back. I am just dying to make some people jealous :hyper:

Have an awesome time!!! Don't forget those you leave behind (us other LL's)!

Luckywife and Sr6888: Wishing you great trips! I did YC Conc in Sept. Great CMs! Good food. Great pool.

Lovesdumbo: Thanks for the advise although I think I just talked myself out of Poly to go back to AKL instead. We'll get to Poly someday I'm sure.

And since I know AKL doesn't tend to book up so fast, think I'll wait a month or so. My credit card bill hasn't come from my last trip yet so think I'll pay that off first before doing the deposit. LOL

It's really terrible when you haven't even been back a week and you already want to go again! 5 months sure does sound like a long way away! Luckily my travel buddy (DD10) is just like me!

Sharon

We loved YC concierge (April 2004) - Say hi to Terry, Betty, Jenny and Leigh-These guys go above and beyond!! Have some rice krispie treats and Zin for me.

Originally posted by sr6888
I know I haven't posted much, but I read this almost every day.

Look at my counter! :Pinkbounc I am leaving for the airport in ten minutes.

Thanks to everyone for all the help I have received planning this trip. I was nervous and excited, now I am just very excited. (my kids are too, btw!)

I am also excited to stay CL for the first time! I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
HOW WONDERFUL!!! Have a FABULOUS time...and here's a little link to truly make you SMILE! :)

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/aladdinworld.htm

lovesdumbo~Good to hear (Maytag Stock!)!! Anything I can do to help a fellow-Lizard make it to the WORLD...I'm IN! My sis just bought the new "top of the line" Neptune set for her laundry room! That should help, at around $2G!! :teeth: The skybox is FAB for the pool house, making our favorite bevs conveniently accessible. Even though it has a little kitchen area, the Skybox is just inside the french doors!! ::yes:: Do you have any stock in FORD by chance? I'm thinking of placing an order for the new sporty "GT" (ltd. Ed)...that would REALLY boost your investment!! (LOL).

annamonte~Click on the link above...it's one of my absolute FAVS too!! ;)

VAgal76~I get the SAME question all the time! When's your BIG trip? :rolleyes: I think we ALL have to deal with "VACATION~ENVY" (being "elitists" and all... :p). As for the YS change, I would GO FOR IT! Do not move the luggage yourself, as the Concierge will arrange all of this for you! Just make sure it's all packed and together in one place...then leave the room. When you return...VOILA, you'll be in the YS! I LOVE surprises...(not so much receiving them...but GIVING them!).
Either way, you'll have a great time. :goodvibes

luckywife~Have a MAGICAL time, sweetie! You certainly deserve some R & R after the last few weeks. I'll bet your DH is also chomping at the bit to get a JUMP on this trip! You're going to enjoy every moment in CL...and never be able to settle for anything less!! Take care, be safe...and make MEMORIES!! :hug:

*Thanks to all of you for the kind wishes for DD's party. I ordered the cake today, a Claim Jumpers monster masterpiece...and another specialty local one. With so many folks attending...I'm afraid to run short! :eek: I just ran into someone while out early running errands, and they mentioned her party. Made me wonder if someone took out an ad in the paper?!? (LOL).

**GOT the CALL for my SUITE aboard the DISNEY MAGIC!!! :teeth: Have they called you BT? :hug:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Hi Everyone, wave2:

Prayer changes things. My mom is responding to the meds. I was so nervous on yesterday and I wanted to be with her but the doctor told me to stay put since mom was going through extensive testing and would be very tired. Mom was in good spirits when I got there on yesterday and that made me feel much better.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers it means alot.

Luckywife - Have an awesome trip. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Was it Steveanddonna that asked about August?
We have done this time of year 3 times now. Our first trip was mid July into August we stayed 14 days. And we would never and I mean never do that again. I swear we were in danger of melting. It was also very crowded!!!
2nd August trip, The very next year after we said never again mind you:rolleyes: We went las tweek of August the crowds were moderate initially but had built to epic proportions by labor day. MK was impassable on Labor day. we had a group meltdown and bagged it at noon and spent the rest of the day in SAB. Overall it was dooable but very hot.
Last year we did it again, With the understanding we were going very low key. We stayed AKL club level. Spent most of our time at the resort. When we did go to a park it was only for a few hours and then back to the pool. We had a fabulous time. (until my ds 3 hurt himself , but thats another whole story)
This year we are going again. this time dare I say it:eek: Only to Universal. We are staying at HRH for 5 days. I am doing this because of the FOTL access and the ease of getting from HRH to the parks. Again we are going in with the understanding of relaxation first. And venturing out for a few thrill rides to break up the day.
I have thoroughly ruined my 3 year olds who now think we must be in Disney over their birthday. (August the 19th) So it looks like I will continue to go in August until they are school age and want a friends party. The last 3 we have come home after a week away and had a huge pool party for them. Not anymore. This year I have rented a cabanna at HRH we will have about 20 people. All my party supplies already packed, cakes ordered from Goodings, goody bags made. And the party will be at HRH!

DF-no Ford stock but we do have Pepsi-what will you be putting into the Skybox? We purchased a Neptune washer just before I had my first baby and I LOVE it! Can't imagine kids laundry without it! I'm sure your sister will love hers.

Happy car shopping.

Tammy-SOOOOO happy things are looking up for your Mom!

Have a great trip luckywife - hope it helps you all unwind and destress. (Yes, it is a goofy thing about x-rays - Never knew myself until my Mom had pneumonia for the umpteenth time.)

Thanks for all the August advice, everyone. I think I'll just focus on the fact that I'll be in the magic for the 4th time this year! Plus, I love heat & humidity when I'm on vacation, and this trip is a bonus trip 'cuz DH suggested it. How cool is that?

DF99 Happy birthday to your DD.:cake: :bday: Hope her day is awesome. But then, we know you're an excellent hostess so I'm sure it will be the party of the summer!

Luckywife & sr6888 - HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME @ WDW!!!!!

DF :scratchin.....kind of leaning towards YS for at least our last night there if they have it available. It would follow "the cruise" I have planned planned for him. I think the two together would rock :teeth:! I'll be outta here on June 18th. I'm leaving early from work straight to the airport. I'm hoping to arrive at AKL in time to enjoy an evening cordial & some yummy desserts. :p

Ahhhh-we're busy, busy busy at work. I have to head back, just popped in to say hey, look at my counter! At this time next week we will be headed to Pittsburgh to spend the night before our flight!

I am hanging tough not telling the munchkins about the trip, every day it gets harder and harder.

Things are so busy at work:crazy: I guess that's good, since I am sure I will be wanting to plan another trip as soon as we get back.
Maybe a lizard meet????????:wave2:

Tammy--so glad to hear your mom is coming around. Keep your chin up.

Luckywife, your name should be luckyhusband, because you are terrific, have a great trip!
:chat: Talk to y'all later

It has been SOOO long since I last posted. I just tried to catch up on all the posts as much as I could. My thoughts have been with you all!! Glad to hear Tammy's good news as well as everyones else's celebrations and plans! ;)

I've been reluctant to post this for a while, but I figured, "we all are "friends" and maybe more prayers and PD will help my situation. The reason I've been gone, is because we had a big surprise finding out that I am pregnant with baby #3. Since finding out, I developed pain on one side. The doctor brought me in for bloodwork and an ultrasound. The bloodwork confirmed the pregnancy, but no baby appeared in the uterine scan. The dr. called the following morning to say that I needed to go to the hosp. immediately for another scan to see if there was an ectopic pregnancy. We were relieved that there appears to be no ectopic preg. However, my HCG levels are high enough where they should have seen a heartbeat. They did not. (BTW, the pain is caused by a cyst they found in the scan). Now, I am playing the waiting game. I must wait 12 days for another scan - at which time the dr. says they "must" hear a heartbeat. Needless to say, I can't think about anything else but I've missed you guys and I felt like I needed to "converse with you".

Now for our CL trip in early Dec., we may have to push it up to Sept. or Oct. if all goes well with the next scan. Dec. would be too late for me to travel. I'll gladly save Dec. at GF/RPC for another time if it means all good things for this pregnancy!!!

Thanks for "listening". As I've said, I have been missing all your stories. Please send P and PD this way!!! :wave2:

Tammy, I am so glad to hear that your mom is responding well to the meds. I will say another prayer for her right now. :hug:

Woody, I cannot tell you how sorry I am that you have to wait with all this worry. I will remember you in my prayers. I am at a loss for words, but I can pray that God will comfort and strengthen you as you wait. :hug:

Tammy - So glad to hear your mom is responding. I'll keep both of you in my prayers. Lot's of PD to you too. :sunny:

WoodysRoundup - I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers also and send along lots of PD.

:hug: :hug: :flower1: :flower: Hugs and flowers for you all.

luckwife & sr6888 - Best wishes :genie: for a grand time with ::MinnieMo & ::MickeyMo

tammy So glad to hear your mother is improving. :)

woodysroundup I want you to know I am praying for a good outcome for you. :goodvibes :hug: The next 12 days are going to be very hard. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Dreamflight Happy birthday to your DD:cake: My DD's birthday is today. We are having a surprise party for her on Saturday.

I am so glad I'll have CL to help with my DGD's birthday. (back OT)

Well, I have company from out-of-town. People here for my DD's birthday. Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

TTFN.. :wave2::wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter