How many of ya'll been "bitten" by the Concierge "bug"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BambiTamby

DIS Veteran
From another thread, the OP stated....

OK.... so call me spoiled, but once you go concierge it is hard to go any other way.....

Now....thinking about that, I am GUILTY of the above statement as I sit here typing this! BIG TIME!

First time we went with concierge, was the AKL inaugural opening month, and I just couldn't pass up that awesome AP rate!
Happened to be concierge, new resort, with a Sunrise Safari...
you get the picture!

And with Janet2k's pics and reports of her concierge experiences...
Why not...I work hard for my own business, and I deserve
to be waited on, just as I do for my clients!

Thought we were living the "high life" staying at WDW deluxes...
but, after the AKL concierge......

we stayed two MORE times at AKL concierge that same year!
then, it was on to one of our ol' fav-the Poly, and experience their concierge....THREE more times doing that!
then, there was the WL concierge, the Dolphin Club,
the YC concierge, which we're going back for a second dose this March.....
Had the mother of all concierge reserved for last November...
the GF ROYAL PALM CLUB!
But, an illness came up and I had to cancel that! WAH!

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?LOL!

"OK.... so call me spoiled, but once you go concierge it is hard to go any other way....."

NO DUH!!!!

It's awful carrying this burden,
calling WDTC everyday, or whenever...
"Do you have that Poly LV available yet in concierge?"
or....
"OK, OK...DO you have ANYTHING CONCIERGE available for my dates!"

For those of ya'll who have had the luxury to have had experienced concierge, even with a lucky upgrade....

do you also admit.....
"it's hard to go the OTHER way"? ::yes::

Yes, we have been bitten by the concierge bug.:D

We are going back to WDW in May and my 5yr DD asked if we were staying concierge.:p

Do you mean there are rooms at WDW that don't include concierge? Shhhhhhh. . .don't tell my husband. . .he thinks all of the on site rooms are this great (and expensive)! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I once made the mistake of mentioning that I thought we should start staying otherwise at WDW--you know, the kids are older now, we could use the extra cash to sock away for college, etc.--my kids offered to stay with us forever instead of going to school! :eek:

Seriously, we have all four been bitten--I really have to find an antidote. If I could find one then maybe we'd be able to go more than once a year! That should be incentive enough--it just hasn't been so far! :scratchin

Yes, we have also been bitten by that darn concierge bug! :p We are going down in June and I made a comment to my mom the other day about maybe splitting our stay between concierge and a regular savannah view room at AKL. Well...that was sure the wrong thing to say to her. If looks could kill... ;)

Ok, I thought I knew everything Disney. I thought I knew what Concierge was, but honestly never thought to use it. We were offered concierge when we stayed at the GF, but I did not want to stay in the main bldg. I wanted a lagoon view, so I went for that. I thought concierge was just some cookies and wine and cheese. What have I been missing! Please, do tell.

We have also been bitten by that concierge bug!!::yes:: We just loved our Yacht Club concierge stay last summer. :D :D Even my children are a little spoiled by the comforts of concierge. This summer we are trying to decide if we will stay at Yacht Club concierge again or try BWI concierge. Decisions, decisions...... Can't wait till summer time!princess: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We don't stay on the Concierge Floor at YC, but have gone our last 2 out of 3 trips on the Grand (now Platinum) Plan, so we get Concierge access, the itinerary planner and all the goodies.

We went to BWI on our Honeymoon on the Honeymoon Grand Plan and got totally spoiled...room right over the Boardwalk!

(Second trip DS was only 2, so we didn't bother with the high-priced package, since our activity and meal options were limited)

I absolutely can't go to Disney World on any kind of a budget anymore.
It's the total vacation.

My DH always says we can go every year if we go on more or a budget...but I say NO WAY!

We were offered concierge when we stayed at the GF, but I did not want to stay in the main bldg. I wanted a lagoon view, so I went for that. I thought concierge was just some cookies and wine and cheese.

you missed a chance for a Concierge UPGRADE?

:confused:

Concierge is waaaay beyond the cookies, wine and cheese thingie!

Ahhhh....I feel faint!:faint:

Click here for a lesson in Concierge101 !

I've been bitten and I haven't even been there yet!!!...lol
Can't wait!!!
WL concierge- here we come!!!:bounce:

BambiTamby- I will also be at the Yacht Club Concierge in March. March 8-15 to be exact.
Since my stay in concierge 4 years ago at the Yacht Club I have not stayed any other way since. The only thing I have a problem with is changing resorts. We have only done the Concierge at the Yacht Club and have not gone elsewhere to try it.
We have however gone to many many of the other hotels but just have not done the concierge thing at them.
I just feel so at home at the Yacht Club. The pool is great and our daughter has sooooo much fun there. She always asks before we go " uumm mom, did you get a concierge lv room?"
Mind you she is only 12 and already knows the best way to stay.

Im daydreaming again...... Im sitting on the balcony with some tiramisu and a baily's irish cream from the concierge lounge wachting the Illuminations fireworks and the boardwalk all lit up. Oh no I need another drink. Off I go..... refill please:teeth: Best part about it. ITS FREE!!!!!!!! Thats how I make my husband think of it. :teeth:

We were bitten bad. When our first born came along, we were camping in Fort Wilderness. For the second one, we had moved to a Wilderness cabin. By the time the third one came along, we had discovered the Grand Floridian and she only know's concierge service there. She's only 7, but I already feel badly for her future husband.

To the poster who declined the GF upgrade to concierge, you have no idea what you missed out on. If you were given the main building, most of the views there are of the lagoon.

We've only done concierge twice... but I think it's wonderful and hope to do it again soon! :hyper:

yes, especially my 2 oldest boys. We are now DVC members but we still try to get a few days in to be pampered.

:crazy:

First concierge visit will be at WL May 19-24.

Terri

Yes, I've been bitten too. It's a terrible itch that you just can't reach unless you go back!

We tried it for the first time 9/03 at YC on the Fairytale plan. Loved the staff there and the 'offerings' were great. But with the lounge set up, we just grabbed and went back to the room or sat for quick breakfast.

Then in November, we did AKL Concierge. While I thought the staff was pretty indifferent we absolutly fell in love with the lounge itself. So open and comfy. Food was great.

So after spending way too much money last year we're cutting back and will do 3 days moderate and then go to concierge again. Am hoping those AP discounts will come through. AKL will be my first choice but as an alternative, will try BWI. We'll make our way to Poly on come future trip.

Sharon

Trying different WDW concierges are FUN !
Problem is that you find one that really hits the mark with you, and it's hard to try another resort concierge.

I'm looking forward to trying the BWI and the GFRP !

ellieb....we're just going to miss ya'll!
We're checking into YC concierge on the 18th!

hightown....when we went to the AKL concierge, they were the NEW "kid on the block", so they went all out everytime we went.
So sorry you got "indifference" from the CMs!
But, that lounge, and latte/cappacino machine is FABULOUS!

Anyone else LOVE concierge?:wave:

First-time Concierge in April . OMG, you people have got me scared that I will fall out of love with my Alligator Bayou at POR. Is this going to be a life-changing experience?????:p

OK guys. You have my attention. How much would an AP rate AKL concierge be during value season? ( I know, if available)

Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter