How many of ya'll been "bitten" by the Concierge "bug"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in 7042 last sept! I needed the bunkbeds for my 2 little one, so I liked the room. The view was just alright though I thought, being in the corner we really couldn't see fireworks so well. Great view of the roof!!! Plus that is where all the bugs collected for some reason?? I would have enjoyed one of the rooms towards the middle much better.

Now as for the little sideshow that you encountered!! That would make the cost of CL WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

BAMBITAMBY---HELLO

Tammy :bday: :cake: :bday:

I'm sure it doesn't seem like a happy day for you but just keep thinking positive. Please keep us posted as to how your mom is doing. Enjoy lunch with your friend today-you deserve it!!!!::yes::

annamonte thanks for the well wishes about my DS. He is back to his old self. Getting into EVERYTHING, but I'm glad he's this way and not sick.

BambiTamby - Thank you! I'm sure our trip will be a BLAST!!!!!

Tammy-prayers for your Mom and your family.

tinkerbeck-we live very frugally the rest of the year! We drive 1996 & 1998 cars-the last car we traded in was 14 years old. We rarely go out to eat, don't smoke and aren't big drinkers-for the past 8 years I've been either trying to get pregnant, pregnant or nursing. Done having babies but now I'm on Weight Watchers and don't want to use my points on drinks. I think my last drink may have been a Guiness at Rose & Crown in Dec 2001. I'm actually thinking of trying a nice drink at the Poly this trip. We were married for nearly 15 years before we had our first child. We don't go overboard at Christmas or birthdays and before we had kids we mostly took driving/camping vacations. 4 of my WDW trips were add ons to business trips. I work hard and want to enjoy my vacations. Not that I wouldn't enjoy any WDW vacation but for me the money spent on a deluxe Disney vacation is well worth it and actually priceless.

mom_rules-I'm looking for stretch limo also. A friend of mine had good luck with Happy last year but I too have read good & bad from all services. Don't know which I'll choose. Looks like you'll be getting home as I'm leaving.

Elizabeth-congrats on your upcoming trip.

Steveanddonna-hope your October trips overlaps ours. I still haven't canceled 10/22 as we haven't purchased flights yet but I'll let you know when I do.

k&a&c'smom-my DH actually doesn't complain about the $ but I'm sure its on his mind. I thought he was afraid to fly with the kids(he watches way too much news-always worried about what the terrorist are planning) but he said last night it was too much work. I told him again how much easier it would be-just 1 in diapers, no bottles, just a single stroller, just 1 (vs 3) carseat, no car rental, no worries about snow...then he said he was really nervous about loosing a kid in the crowds so I promised we wouldn't do MK on a weekend again. We didn't ever come close to loosing a kid last year and we'll have 3 kids/3 adults-like last year. I told him crowds were much lighter in Oct 02 than they were in Jan 04-I didn't tell him attendance is up though. He asked the dates & I told him I could change but he said no keep the reservation you have. Now he says he heard on the business channel that fuel costs will be dropping. I told him we could get a voucher to use for next year's trip. He is so close to yes. I think I'll put another hold on tickets and try talking to him again tonight. I too always have a reason for the trip. 10/02 was special trip for DD before she became a big sister again, 1/04 was to go before DS turned 3 so he'd be free, 10/04 is to get use out of AP's for already planned 10/05 trip-before DD turns 3..... I'm pretty sure he'll say yes and then I feel so much to have the flights purchased and the real planning can begin!

Off to go buy my Disney rewards-down another 2 lbs this week and it was a rough one-several days of birthday cake for DD.

luckywife- such good news about DS; that last little bit of infiltrate always seems to take forever to disapper. Don't forget, the x-rays lag behind what's really happening inside. Weird, huh? Yes to the irons at the Poly - they are the most basic you can get, but they work!

lovesdumbo Boy, I hope we're there at the same time in October! Right now it's looking like early Nov. for us due to MIL's work schedule & ltd. availability at Poly because of Funai Golf Classic, but I really want to be there for my birthday. Gosh, I sound like a spoiled brat! I just don't like the family complications & convolutions of celebrating my b-day here - it seems like it would be so peaceful in WDW!

Tammy :hug: Prayers and positive thoughts to you and your mom. She'll be in our thoughts.

:wave2: Sorry I haven't been to the lounge in a while... But planning DD's party this weekend is ZAPPING all my TIME!! :faint:

Luckywife~So happy to read all is MUCH better with your little man, and I'm sure you will enjoy a wonderful time in the MAGIC! :hug:

floridafam~:rotfl: GROWN MEN in their ROBES, with their UNDIES hanging out? GETOUTTATOWN!!! :teeth:

tammy~You dearheart...your post brought tears to my eyes. Of course you can rest assured you will be in my prayers and thoughts. I too, believe in the POWER of PRAYER! Hang-in there, and continue to think positive thoughts. Happy Birthday :cake: XO

lindeyspol~Your DH is in good company...as my DH also isn't quite sure of this DIS thing!! LOL...when I refer to people by their "moniker" he gets a kick out of it..:rolleyes:. All in Good nature. :D Wow...June is fast-approaching, and you'll be on your way in no time! Enjoy every moment, and be sure to post all the details upon your return.

lovesdumbo~"Money spent on a deluxe Disney vacation is well worth it and actually priceless." I could not agree with you more!! ::yes:: Hope you can talk with your DF, and reserve all the tickets for the upcoming trip! ;)

steveanddonna~I LOVE my BD's in WDW!! :cheer2: :cake: :bday: Last year was SO special...and began at the Portofino, then stretched on for about "2-months!!" (LOL). :teeth: EVERY DAY was my BD!! I wish the same for you.

BT~Hey, SIS! Whazzup? How's DS coming along with the end of school nearing? I'll bet he can hardly wait to GO on another trip to the MAGIC (Or anywhere for that matter!). DD is eager to take her finals and be DONE for the year! She is a true Summer~Baby, my little "Lion" sign. :sunny: Her early BD party plans are coming-together well. Should have about 50 kidz (well...young adults...ugh) at the event! Bought one of those Maytag Skybox dispensers for the poolhouse, to alleviate some of the crowd/hustle-bustle from the JAMBA JUICE cart...LOL. Some catering to fine-tune, things to buy, but the rest is done. DH helps me a LOT...and I could not do it w/o him. :love: {{{hugs}}} to you!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

dreamflight Sounds like your DD is going to have an awesome b-day party this weekend. What a lucky gal she is! ::yes::

Yes, DS is feeling MUCH better now. Our other DS has been on pins and needles this past week thinking his brother would get sick again and we'd have to postpone our trip.

steveanddonna I had no idea that the x-rays lag behind what's really happening. How interesting...makes me feel better tho so thanks! :D

Hi BT great new clippes! :bounce: :bounce:

luckywife Wonderful news about your son. So glad he is almost 100%. I'm not even going to go into my counter envy spiel. You know it!!!:wave: ::yes:: ::yes::

Tammy Here are good thoughts and pixie dust for your Mom..:hug: And happy birthday. :cake:

Floridafam Really happy you had such a nice trip. Enjoy Vero Beach!!

Fred Spill!!! Where is the report??? How was your trip??? Details. I want details!! You know I have 205 more days to live vicariously!!!:chat: :chat:

Welcome lindeyspol; inthemodd and cajunfan Pull up a chair and stay awhile. :)

Goodferry Glad no one was hurt! Gotta love a safe car!!:) :)

steveanddonna Great news about your August trip. Plan on some serious pool time...:)

ead79 I want to know too!!!:earseek: :earseek: I'm going in December. I don't know the last time Christmas was on a Saturday... but I'm sure it will put a different spin on things. :eek: Plus the Florida schools last day is Friday December 17th.... so all bets are off....:crazy: I'm going planning for huge crowds which is making me really thrilled that I'm going CL!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

BIG WAVE! Yes, I am alive... just overworked at the moment, and off to hockey in a few!

Lots and lots of PD and P for Tammy's mother! (bighugstoyou) I just wanted to cry reading your post! and... Please scream Happy Birthday to yourself from all of us here at the DIS!

DF>> Happy birthday to your DD! Seems like yesterday she just had her sweet 16! Have lots of fun, and no crying allowed! :)

Floridafam>> got rain? (I am sure she'll get the joke!) Thank you for all of your trip reports! I think that is one of the great things about the Lizard Lounge... all of the great HONEST reports!

Limo companies>> Have only used Happy Limo and have been very "happy" with them. I hope I don't have nightmare stories like I have read here! I have only used them three times; last June being the first. I reserved a limo/towncar the first time, then just towncars each consecutive time.

Welcome all the new people! This is a great thread! I hope you feel welcome and post to your hearts' content!

I wish I could post a message to each and every one of you, but know that you are in my thoughts and I really do think about at least one of you every day! DH says I am crazy... but he doesn't know you all like I do! LOL OK, so they don't "get it"; we do, and that is what counts!

Debbie (who is off to hockey soon!)

PS..... I saw pictures of a tower view room from the contemporary, 11th floor..... OH I WANT THAT VIEW! Someone convince me I should stay at the Poly.. or convince me to switch! All I know is that I NEED HELP!

To mike in fl:
Thanks for your info on the Boca Raton Resort. I was there Friday and Saturday of last week. Yes the wedding was there in the Cathedral Ballroom. The whole place is awesome!! I wish I had more time there to fully experience the pampering that is evident from every employee there. (Of course there is a 20% tip included in everything you buy there including a self service cup of coffee, but at least there was absolutely no attitude! It was almost worth the enforced tipping!) I've never had such good customer service, except once or twice at Disney World.
Hope I can experience it again sometime, now our family is SO looking forward to YC Concierge in August! Yea!

Greetings to all the Lounge Lizards and good thoughts to all who are needing happiness at this time.:wave2: :)

I just have to post to say that I haven't even yet set foot at AKL and I am so impressed with the concierge. Don and Andrea have been terrific.

Just about the time I think "hmm, I wonder if this got booked" along comes an e-mail telling me it's all been taken care of.

Just booked the Grand One yacht through them (so excited about that)

Only one problem, I keep asking them to make the time go faster but so far they haven't figured out how to do that one :p

All I can say is if anyone is thinking about AKL concierge - go for it.

Hi everyone!! Just popping in to :wave: . Work is a madhouse and dd graduated from preschool tonight :rolleyes: so we have been running around like mad.

PRaffen--you will definitely find some friends here! If there is one thing I have gathered from this thread, it's that AKL CL rocks!

Floridafam--you crack me up. I will be watching for "lounge entertainment" while at the Poly!

Tammy-Happy Birthday, take a day later when your mom is over this and indulge yourself. You and your family are in our prayers.

steveanddonna--we went once in August, it wasn't unbearably crowded, but definitely plan on resting during the heat of the day.

luckywife--good news about your son! Enjoy your trip.

DF99- Happy party planning. Second to disney planning I LOVE party planning. My husband says I obsess, I say I plan well. ;)

lovesdumbo--keep working on him, I know you will get that trip in. It helps to get out pictures and watch videos of previous trips.

I agree about Don at AKL. He just showed up for the first time last week and he has been sending me all kinds of great information. I have been really impressed.

Thanks for the clipart BT. You are the coolest.

tammy.....:cake: :bday: :flower3: :thewave:
And lots of :hug: :hug: to you and your mom!
Just added ya'll to my prayer list, too!:sunny:

PRaffen...so excited that you got your Grand 1 booking!
And you didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to play "phone wars" to get it either!

I have to concur about Don at AKL CL, he is wonderful!
Don was originally at the Poly CL, steveanddonna probably remember him.....he's the one that can do all those great voice impersonations!
His best is Donald Duck!:teeth:

Also got an email from him yesterday, just touching base since we're within the 30 day mark.

goodferry...you've gathered right! AKL CL does ROCK!
:rockband:

dreamflight....:hug: and :wave: to my SISTA!

Just popping in before I head off to bed, another long day, made a clippie for annamonte and I'll just help myself to a Zebra Dome before I log off!:wave2:

annamonte.gif

Tamby... Thanks so much!!! I love it! Aladdin and Jasmine are our family's favorite movie! Our wedding song is "A Whole New World!" :bride: :groom:

PS: Also, some people say that I kinda look like Jasmine (Yea right, if you look at me in the dark!!! ;)

Thanks again! Have a great day everyone!

Don had a nightmare of a time one year when we checked in at Polynesian. He remained calm and collected, but not sure how he did it! There were multiple glitches to our check-in/arrival day that had nothing to do with him, but required him to do a bit of quick footwork. He did fine and was quite nice.

Diana was another great CL CM at Polynesian around that time. Back then I think we were assisted by one or the other of these two great CMs during our visits. I thought Diana went to GF? Wonder where she's at now?

BTW fellow Lizards--your clippies look great! I grabbed some terrific espresso and am off for an a.m. walk to get my blood flowing!

Originally posted by lovesdumbo
my DH actually doesn't complain about the $ but I'm sure its on his mind.

I should NOT have said that! My DH came out out of the house when I got home last night to greet me with: "the house needs to be painted, we need a new roof on the porch and the chimney needs to be pointed-that must be about $30,000 in home repairs." He didn't say anything about the trip and neither did I. He doesn't beleive in debt and I'm sure he won't want to dip into the savings for our trip. BUT...where there is a will there is a way and all us lizards have great big wills!

DF-so glad to hear you purchased a Maytag Skybox. We've got Maytag stock. I saw an ad for them in this weeks paper and I told my DH that the stock will be going up. Maybe that can pay for the trip!

Goodferry-my DD "graduates" from preschool tomorrow. I think she's a bit nervous about the new "big" school. She says she'll go there when she's 7. The public school has "move up day" in June and she can go see the classroom and meet her teacher and classmates. Then they have an icecream party for all Kindergarteners just before school starts at the playground. She got to ride a schoolbus at her preschool last week and now she's pretty excited about that but wants the #3 bus that came to her school. I think she's in luck as that might actually be our bus.

Luckywife-have a great trip!

Debbie-stick with the Poly! Better pool and the view from the beach and CL is great. I think you'll enjoy the quiet relaxed atmosphere of the Poly after the excitement of an Epcot resort.

oh forgot...steveanddonna...we went in Late July/early August of 2002. It was very hot, but not unbearable with good planning (lots of "cool rides/shows" and swimming during the late afternoon hours). It may also be that we live in TN (and I grew up in New Orleans), so the heat may not have bothered us as much as some folks.

We were very surprised by the lack of crowds. The longest wait we had was about 20 minutes for Haunted Mansion. We did use enights for some of the "long line" rides (Space Mtn., Splash Mtn. etc...)

Tammy...your family is in our prayers!

I hope that I have the same entertainment as FLFAM did in the lounge :teeth: I could use that!

Hi to the Lounge Lizzards! I've popped in now and then and enjoyed your conversations and advise.

We just got back from the world - Dolphin- and am going through planning withdrawal--no trip in the works! I think I need to get something going for November. We've gone every November since 1999. Since our Feb and May trips were on the budget side, I think I need some pampering and relaxing!

I LOVE AKL Concierge but thinking of Poly Conc. since we've never stayed there. Tentative dates are 11/6-13. I know right now there is availability Poly GVC which is what I want. But will have to have AP rate. Just can't justify rack rate.

Do you think I need to book right away?
How successful have you been at applying an AP rate to existing Polly ressie?
Has anyone used Dreams Unlimited lately and have then been good about getting you AP rates when discount released?

Thanks all...Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter