How many kids do you have?

5 Kids here :) 3 Boys, 2 girls. I don't think it is that many. lol. I certainly don't think 3 is that many, although that is when I started to get comments as well. You'd be amazed at the things that people say. For some reason babies and kids in general cause people to say the most asinine things like it's any of thier business.

We have 3...ages 5, 4 and 2. We tried for years to get pregnant, went through fertility treatments, didn't work, got pregnant on our own but miscarried, did lots of research on adoption and decided to go with the China program, submitted our paperwork, in March 2004, found out I was pregnant that May, and went to China almost 7 months pregnant in November to meet our daughter. Our son was born 3 months later (they're 15 months apart). Then, a few days after our sons 1st birthday found out I was pregnant again and our youngest daughter was born in October 2006, being 20 months younger than her brother. So, needless to say, it's kinda busy around here!

I'm 43 and would love another (I know, I'm crazy!) but not biologically, I would love to adopt again. Maybe someday in the future, but not yet. I would love to go international again (China or Korea) and adopt a boy, but a toddler, not an infant. I can dream!

5 Kids here :) 3 Boys, 2 girls. I don't think it is that many. lol. I certainly don't think 3 is that many, although that is when I started to get comments as well. You'd be amazed at the things that people say. For some reason babies and kids in general cause people to say the most asinine things like it's any of thier business.

Ain't that the truth!
I am so tired of getting asked every single time I don't feel good or the sun is shining if I am pregnant! I don't get why some people have such a vested interest in my reproduction! :headache: I have a family member (or 2) that always makes comments like "oh, you'll be pregnant by then" or "you're probably pregnant already and not telling us" or "you'll be on your x number child by then":mad: Seriously?! Seriously?!!!!!! Why would anyone be so obsessed with it?! We don't ask anyone for help. We are happy. We love our children and feel blessed. If we have more children that is between us. Everytime we get together I have to fend off the obnoxious statements and questions! On Easter I had a few sips of wine and one person said right away- "Well, she's not pregnant, she's having wine!":mad: Really?!!!!!! Why do some people feel the need to monitor everything just because we have 4 children. If I had 2 kids nobody would say a word.
Sorry to go OT but it just annoys me to no end.

13 - They range in age from 19 years to 15 months. We have been extremely blessed as they are all healthy, but we sure do get the looks and comments. :)
You should have seen us last August when we went to Disney World for 2 weeks with my sister and her husband who have 3. We were quite a crew, but everyone had a blast :banana:

with 3 kids...:)

Had 2 girls (16 mos apart), had my tubes tied, met a new wonderful guy, and somehow we had a son together! Our son is not quite 2 and 1/2 yrs younger than my 2nd daughter. So now they are 17, almost 16 and 13 1/2.

If I would have started younger, I would have had more...although now that they are teenagers, cars and college so close together is scaring me!! :scared1: :rotfl:

We have 3, DS's 10 and 9, and D 6. If the 3rd was a boy, we would have tried for a girl again, but we are very happy with 3.

Six kids here. And I love it! DS14,DD12,DD10,DS9,DS5,DS3 I would love another but I have had two miscarriages since my son was born. :sad1:

But ironically, I didn't really want kids. Maybe one.

I came from a family of 10 and I have to say I LOVED growing up in a large family. I was one of the younger ones and my older sibs were the best. But not all was perfect. I call us the most functional dysfunctional family I know.

DH is the oldest of 6. He was ok with a bigger family.

My mom was an only child. She hated it and always wanted a large family.

I have family and friends who have 1, by choice and not by choice (fertility issues) and I have several friends who have 5 and 6 kids and one friend who has 8. I don't mind the comments about big families because I grew up with it but I know it bothers some of my friends with bigger families.

But I totally agree with a PP that people are going to make comments about any family size. My poor sis who wanted a big family has had the most rotten comments made to her about her having an only child. I wish people could just make positive comments about all children and families whether one child or 10!!

I have to say I was at the dentist the other day with all six and a women made a comment about my beautiful children and how lucky I was. It totally threw me off guard. It was really nice to hear!!

To the OP: Enjoy your family; no matter the size!!!

We have 5 as a blended family. We get lots of looks and comments too. Some good and some bad. Crazy thing is I want another girl to kinda balance out a little more. :cloud9:

We just had baby #4 in Feb. and we get the "you're nuts!!" comments constantly! I really never thought that 4 kids was all that many and I'm an only child so... I mean go back a few decades, my mom is one of 8 and dad is one of 7, it's not that strange. Honestly...we may have more...but oh no what would people think!! ha ha :rotfl:

KristyBDJ,

Your family sounds similar to me. I too am an only child and went on to have four children DS(9), DS(9), DD(6), DS(6). My family and friends always joked about it but, it has always been in a good way! You should have seen me this morning when I was dropping off at school and I had a few neighborhood children too. It looked like the car at the circus with all the clowns popping out! :)

I have 5 kids plus 2 stepdaughters that live out of state. My kids range in age from 20 down to 6. My only(biological) girl will be 21 on May 5. Hard to believe! She has left me alone in a house dripping with testosterone!!:confused3

I never understand why people feel the need to make comments. My first husbands uncle started complaining when we told people I was pregnant with #3. I looked right at him and said " When I ask you to carry this child, give birth to this child, or raise this child you can have an opinion. Until then SHUT UP!!!" You should have seen his face, and everyone elses that was around!!:lmao: But, I was the family hero for a while because NO ONE ever stood up to this man!

I love my big family! Wouldn't trade it for anything. And I probably would have tried for one more if I hadn't had to have a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago.

So, I was just curious how many kids do families here have?

We currently have 2 boys, but I would like to add 2 more! Talk about people thinking I am crazy!;) I got DH to agree to 1 more...but he's not ready to talk 4 yet...

I am in NJ too...land of people who don't think before they speak!:rotfl:

KristyBDJ,

Your family sounds similar to me. I too am an only child and went on to have four children DS(9), DS(9), DD(6), DS(6). My family and friends always joked about it but, it has always been in a good way! You should have seen me this morning when I was dropping off at school and I had a few neighborhood children too. It looked like the car at the circus with all the clowns popping out! :)
When I get the comments I always tell people that as an only child I feel the need to "re-populate" the family!:rotfl2: Your car thing makes me laugh..every time we have a baby we seem to upgrade our car...with or 2nd we went from a small sedan to the dreaded mini van:scared1: then with our
3rd we got a suburban just to have room for everyone plus all our stuff! My husband keeps joking that we can't ever get to the point where we need the 15 pass. van or the mini-bus!!! We'll see:rolleyes1:

don't have any kids just yet (not married yet!) but i am one of 2 and my hubby is the middle of 3. almost all of our friends ironically are also from families of 3.

who cares if other people think you are crazy! people who truly adore parenthood and have so much love to give should have as many kids as they want! good for you for spreading so much love in the world :hug:

We have 4 but 3 of them are triplets. I did get asked once if I knew what causes pregnancy. The reply I wish I had made to the sweet (ignorant) woman would have been "Yes for the triplets it was 4 years of infertility, a group of doctors, a little plastic cup with a blue lid and lab technicians that had just the right touch. For our bonus baby, God's sick since of humor." But I was so shocked she would ask that when it was 2 pregnancies it didn't make it out of my mouth.

People just don't think when they talk. (Oh yeah I am usually one of those people.)

We have 3 kids....DS PJ who is 4, DD Cameran who is 2, and new DS Finnegan who was born in February.

We are constantly getting comments about having SOOOOOOO many kids and having SUCH a big family. I never thought of 3 kids as a large family. I wonder what people will think when we add 1 more in a few years....:rotfl: They will probably want to have us committed!

So, I was just curious how many kids do families here have?

I have 2. A dd who is 3 and a ds who is 2. I would love to have at least one more but my dh doesnt think we can afford another one. :sad1:

We have one ... we get the opposite reaction. It's always the same question, "When are you going to give X a brother/sister?" and always our same answer, "She has a brother -- Rhys (our chocolate lab)"

I only have one and that one does not want any brothers are sisters. He has said it since he was two and is now eleven and he has not changed his mind.

We have a large extended familly and he is very close to his cousins and is happy with that.

We have 5 children and ofcourse I don't think 3 is a lot but even when I only had 3 I still didn't think so.
It's a lot more expensive to go to Disney and other places but when we do we uausally take over the place!:rotfl:
The best feeling is when we walk into church on Sunday morning and we take up an entire pew.:goodvibes
Many people don't think having a large family is smart today but I am the youngest of 5 and my DH is the youngest of 6 so to much we couldn't have it any other way.
My children are very close and are each others best friends. No matter what even if they are fighting with one, another has their back.
I don't have to worry when they are out as much because I know they are watching out for each other. Friday nights are family pizza & movie nights and my living room is jammed packed just with the 7 of us. As well as the dinner table. Again I can't imigine it any other way. When they are all out of the house, it's so quite and I can't wait for them to get home.
I wouldn't trade my large family for anything. No regrets here ....To each his own I always say.:love:
There are many things we gave up to have our children but I don't think twice about any of it. They are God's greatest gift to me and anything else is extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter