How many kids do you have?

PatricenPete

DIS Veteran
We have 3 kids....DS PJ who is 4, DD Cameran who is 2, and new DS Finnegan who was born in February.

We are constantly getting comments about having SOOOOOOO many kids and having SUCH a big family. I never thought of 3 kids as a large family. I wonder what people will think when we add 1 more in a few years....:rotfl: They will probably want to have us committed!

So, I was just curious how many kids do families here have?

We have two -- one boy, one girl... but three seems to be more average around here and 4 or 5 isn't *that* uncommon.

We too have 3 kids, but never get those comments. Maybe it is a location thing? I don't know. But I agree, I don't think we have a big family at all. We know families with more and families with less but we ssem to be in the middle.

Personally we wanted 2, but thankfully God wanted us to have 3 and I am soooo glad he did. I would have had more if money and time wern't an option, but they are so we are done...

Five here! I know when I had my third child, I got all sorts of comments. Now the running poll is how much it is going to cost us when a new kids movie comes out.

1 here,

but we have other 1's, 2's and several 3's on our street as well. I'd considered it a fairly normal size family.

4 here
and I will add that when I had my 4th we became members of the big family club- all the people in my town with 4 or more now reached out to us! It was really pretty funny. It's like we all get that if we don't return a call it's not that we are being rude we're just busy.

that is odd! I don't think three is too many kids at all. DH disagrees and we are done at two. I had a coworker tell me one time (she has three) that the world was made for a family of four. Going out to eat, making hotel reservations, etc.

I would have loved to have three kids. But am glad I as able to have the two I have:) So many are not even that lucky:) Just be happy with the size of your family and forget what onlookers say!

Most people I know have 3, and when we had 3, I thought 4 was a big family, and people who had 4 were nuts. Then we had our twins (oops!). We tend to get some stares, only because my 6 year olds are the same size as our 8 year old, and my 11 year old is the same size as my 12 year old - it looks like twins and triplets!:rotfl2:

2 for us, 1 dd 2.5 and ds 8 months. Always thought we would be done at 2, but have been longing for a third lately. Super scared on how that will impact our life! But in the long run I think it will be more than worth it!

We have 1 DS (4). We aren't really considering any more. One feels right to us. But I feel your pain on the other end, because people are constantly asking when we're having another and that I need to give DS a sibling.

But, we're happy for now, and if that changes, we'll deal with it then. I think people just need to do what is right for them.

P.S. I don't think 4 kids is too many or exceptionally large either! Congrats to you :goodvibes!

We have 5, 1 girl and 4 boys. We get all sorts of comments when we go places, but I feel really blessed to have them and I honestly don't think anyone else should have anything to say about it unless they're going to take care of them or pay for their care. The worst of the comments have been from relatives so it's a touchy subject with me.

We've had five, now we have four with us, 2 DS's and 2 DD's. I get comments from people all the time, a friend of ours actually made the comment 'you really needed another one' the other day when I was saying I was happy to catch a shower, our baby is 8 mos, I just looked at him and said 'yes we did, and maybe we still need one more'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter