How long is your hair and how often do you wash it?

redlight

DIS Veteran
I have heard that if you have long hair, you should not wash it often. Mine is al it’s to my waist and I wash it about twice a week.

It’s tapered with the center right above my shoulders. Every other day, occasionally a third day. My girls both have long hair and follow the same schedule.

Mine's short and I wash it every other day because it dries and gets brittle otherwise

I have heard that if you have long hair, you should not wash it often. Mine is al it’s to my waist and I wash it about twice a week.
I have long hair but wash it daily. I don’t think how often you wash it has anything to do with length but rather if it’s oily, dry, etc. Mine is fine & gets oily quickly. I have to wash it every day.

My hair is just shy of shoulder length at the moment (cut and donated 14 inches in December), but I usually keep it really long (like low back length). I wash it every day or every other day, regardless of length, as it gets greasy otherwise. I only use conditioner on the ends though as it kills the volume otherwise.

Halfway down my back (soon to be cut shorter). I usually wash every other day, now more like every third day thanks to the wonder of dry shampoo (but on that third day, it’s always pulled up in some messy nest on top of my head).
I have fine hair but a lot of it, and my scalp is oily. A dermatologist recommended washing it less frequently to slow down oil production and it’s worked BUT it doesn’t work that way for everyone.

I think how often you wash has more to do with what type of hair you have. I have curly hair, but when the humidity is low I can straighten it and then maintain the straight for about 3 days before I have to wash and start all over again. But when I let it curl, I have to wash every day to renew the curls. my hair is about 3 inches past my shoulders.

I can sit on my hair it's so long and I wash my hair once every week to 10 days. My hair itself fairly fine but SUPER thick curly and rarely feels greasy. If it's been more than 7 days or so I might hit it with a tiny bit of dry shampoo. My hair has never been healthier since I cut my washes back drastically.

ETA I also wear my hair up almost every day and despite currently living in a very dry climate my hair is not fully dry for 2-3 days post wash. I also have a VERY sensitive sense of smell and promise you that my hair does not smell. I add oil to my ends every couple of days when my hair feels dry and will spray in some detangler sprays when I need to brush it all out between washes. I also almost never use heat and don't even currently own a hair dryer.

Last edited:
I have straight hair halfway down my back. Until my second son was born it was so thick I routinely broke hair bands trying to put it in a pony tail. Now it’s medium thickness. It used to be super oily but now it’s normal during the summer and dry in the winter. In the winter I have to deep condition it at least once a week. The sweet spot for me is every other day. If I wait longer than that my scalp itches but if I wash it everyday it gets too dry.

It’s about chin length, pretty curly so it gets very dry. In winter I wash about twice a week (it takes almost a week to get oily). In the summer a I wash a little more often; usually 3-4 times a week. For showers in between I either don’t wash or just scrub with conditioner.

Mine reaches the bottom of my shoulder blades. I usually wash if every 3-5 days, wheneer it starts to get oily.

I agree with other that hair type, rather than length, is what matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter