How long is your hair and how often do you wash it?

I think if depends on what type of hair, what products, if any you use, or if you work out. If I really work out and sweat, my head is gross and needs a washing. I have long hair and wash it almost every day. I skip on those days I work in the offfice.. I wash my hair at night and on days I work and I do quick body shower when I get home.. Then wash the hair next day, usually after a work out. So on average I skip 2 days a week washing my hair.
My DD I have to fight to get her to wash her hair... My DH and DS everydays when they shower. I dont think DS could even shower without getting his hair wet.

I have though on the rare occasion gone 2 days not washing my hair and OMG gross.

Right now my hair is shoulder length but I get it cut short soon for the summer. Either way I wash it every three days.

Short layered bob. I wash it every day. Even when I had it long I washed it everyday. It's just not pleasant, for me AND others if I don't wash it. I try not to blow dry it everyday though. There is just enough wave/curl in it so it looks alright left alone.

Short-layered hair. I wash it every morning because I use a lot of product in it for texture and lift. By the next day it's trashed and not recoverable to any good look.
Mine is very similar to this. I wash and heat-style it on Mondays and Thursdays and re-work it with a little water (and more product) in between. :confused3 It barely ever looks any different no matter what I do with it.

Halfway down my back, thick and straight. I wash every day, but I never use any product in it and never blow dry.

Mine is very similar to this. I wash and heat-style it on Mondays and Thursdays and re-work it with a little water (and more product) in between. :confused3 It barely ever looks any different no matter what I do with it.

You are very lucky!! I think because my hair is so fine and soft it's just too "impressionable" or something.

When I wake up, whatever products I use have shoved it into some lopsided mess. I've tried doing what you've said (I actually did it at Disney) and it just does not go into anything that can be seen in public. I wish I could explain why, but it's AWFUL. I use a TON of product to "rough up" by hair so maybe that's why:

1. Base is Redken Full Frame Mousse
2. Then Big Sexy Root Lift is put in at the roots, especially the crown.
3. Blow Dry Hair.
4. Use a curling iron in the back to get unruly back of hair going in good directions.
5. Add in one of the following depending on the day: Cibu Sticky Rice paste or Redken Paste, or Surface Push Powder.
6. Spray overall with Sebastian Shaper Plus Hairspray.
7. Then on hard to hold areas (crown) do a few squirts of Aveda Firmata Hairpray

This all sounds horrible doesn't it. But takes me about 15 minutes.

You are very lucky!! I think because my hair is so fine and soft it's just too "impressionable" or something.

When I wake up, whatever products I use have shoved it into some lopsided mess. I've tried doing what you've said (I actually did it at Disney) and it just does not go into anything that can be seen in public. I wish I could explain why, but it's AWFUL. I use a TON of product to "rough up" by hair so maybe that's why:

1. Base is Redken Full Frame Mousse
2. Then Big Sexy Root Lift is put in at the roots, especially the crown.
3. Blow Dry Hair.
4. Use a curling iron in the back to get unruly back of hair going in good directions.
5. Add in one of the following depending on the day: Cibu Sticky Rice paste or Redken Paste, or Surface Push Powder.
6. Spray overall with Sebastian Shaper Plus Hairspray.
7. Then on hard to hold areas (crown) do a few squirts of Aveda Firmata Hairpray

This all sounds horrible doesn't it. But takes me about 15 minutes.
I totally understand, except that my hair is thick, course and poker-straight. I do practically all the same things you do and still it's very frustrating, especially the lack of versatility. I had an important event on Friday night and would have loved a "party 'do" but that's just never going to happen for me. I find the most vital thing is keeping the cut precise; if it gets 1/2" too long it's impossible.

I totally understand, except that my hair is thick, course and poker-straight. I do practically all the same things you do and still it's very frustrating, especially the lack of versatility. I had an important event on Friday night and would have loved a "party 'do" but that's just never going to happen for me. I find the most vital thing is keeping the cut precise; if it gets 1/2" too long it's impossible.

I'd LOVE to be able to do more with my hair. Tried to grow it out a few years back but the layers are just impossible (and I'm a slow grower). It sort of grows out but not down!! I've been stuck with short hair since the late 80s and I'm sick of it. It's just not thick/full enough nor grows fast enough to get it to do something different. I wish wigs would become the rage!

I'd LOVE to be able to do more with my hair. Tried to grow it out a few years back but the layers are just impossible (and I'm a slow grower). It sort of grows out but not down!! I've been stuck with short hair since the late 80s and I'm sick of it. It's just not thick/full enough nor grows fast enough to get it to do something different. I wish wigs would become the rage!
You must be my long-lost sister! I get you, I really get you!! :hug: Once I had my hair cut short there was simply no going back. :scratchin And it's funny you mention wigs - I've toyed with the idea many times but I'm not bold enough to try it around people who would automatically know what was going on. I'm not big on attracting undue attention. :blush: Maybe I'll get one and wear it on vacation sometime, just for a little kick.

Down to my middle back, straight and fine. Usually wash every 2-3 days, with dry shampoo in between to try and get some body back.

Short hair - you can see in my picture. I wash it every day. If I need to run out/go walking before showering, I wear a hat. It's just all over the place.

my hair is usually shoulder length or just below my shoulders and I was it every day. I have tried a few times to go to every other day with the use of dry shampoo, but I just can't get past the greasy, itchy feeling of it.

My length varies. I basically let it grow until it starts strangling me at night then I chop it just below shoulder length lol.

I have coarse, thick, dense hair. For my hair, I could go ages without washing it and wouldn’t have any issues. However, I live in Florida so the humidity and sweat around my neck and scalp feels so gross. Plus when I workout my head and hairline totally sweat. I basically wash my scalp everyday (sometimes twice a day) and my hair gets washed in the process.

Mine is coarse, dry and waist length. I wash it every 5 days and never blow dry.

Not very long but VERY thick. Every day because I workout and my head sweats a LOT. I occasionally skip a day if I don't exercise and it always gets itchy and stinky by the end of day 2.

Shoulder length, curly and thick.

I don’t wash with shampoo but once a week or maybe twice a week. Between, I just use conditioner every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter