How long is your hair and how often do you wash it?

Halfway down my back. I wash about every 5 days. I use no products, do not blow dry, and I live in a very dry climate, so it doesn't need it more than that.

my hair is usually shoulder length or just below my shoulders and I was it every day. I have tried a few times to go to every other day with the use of dry shampoo, but I just can't get past the greasy, itchy feeling of it.

I know this is OT, but what type of dog is that in your profile pic? My dog looks quite a lot like this one.

EVERYDAY! I have very long hair, but would wash it everyday regardless. I work right by people's faces, if you only wash your hair 2x per week or less, it stinks. You may think otherwise, but I promise it does. Nothing is grosser than the smell of greasy, dirty unwashed hair.

Amen. It isn't about the HAIR, it's about the scalp stinking. A person would have to have some SERIOUSLY dry skin overall to be able to get away with not washing their hair at least every other day. I challenge all the people who only wash a couple times a week to take out a hairdryer, put it on high heat, blow their dry hair around and smell the hot air coming off their head. That's what everyone around them gets to smell. They are just nose blind to their own scent.

Amen. It isn't about the HAIR, it's about the scalp stinking. A person would have to have some SERIOUSLY dry skin overall to be able to get away with not washing their hair at least every other day. I challenge all the people who only wash a couple times a week to take out a hairdryer, put it on high heat, blow their dry hair around and smell the hot air coming off their head. That's what everyone around them gets to smell. They are just nose blind to their own scent.

I've mentioned this "smell" on some other threads that have different subject matter. Sometimes when I'm in the grocery store early on Sunday mornings, I get near people that obviously haven't washed their hair in a while. That smell is really noticeable. I just never knew how long it took to get that smell so strong. My son has a very oily scalp and I think it happens in roughly 48 hours.

I have heard that if you have long hair, you should not wash it often.

There is no 'one size fits all' pertaining to hair care. You should wash your hair as often as you personally need for your skin/scalp and hair condition, your activity levels, and your environmental factors.

I've mentioned this "smell" on some other threads that have different subject matter. Sometimes when I'm in the grocery store early on Sunday mornings, I get near people that obviously haven't washed their hair in a while. That smell is really noticeable. I just never knew how long it took to get that smell so strong. My son has a very oily scalp and I think it happens in roughly 48 hours.

For the vast majority of people, it doesn't take that long. Certainly, it doesn't take several days. For most people, after 24 hours, your scalp starts to get ripe smelling.

I have very thick, dry hair. It's probably 4 inches longer than shoulder length. I wash it once a week.

I just got EIGHT inches cut off my hair Tuesday- I would wash it about twice a week at that time. It's now to the middle of my back and I will probably wash it every other day.

Mine's above my shoulders and I wash almost every day. If I skip a day I can't stand the way it feels by the end of the 2nd day

To where my bra strap runs across my back. I wash it every day to every day and a half because if I don't it gets oily. I have very fine straight hair.

Every three days.

My hair is a few inches past my shoulders, course, curly, and VERY thick.

I honestly don’t know how long I would have to go for it to get oily. The concept is foreign to me.

My hair is short and I wash it every day or every other day.

Short hair now but even when I had it shoulder length it usually was every day. As far as products go just maybe some mousse or hair spray depending on how it looks & my plans for the day.

1/8th inch long and wash it twice a day, lol. Before work and after work when I take a shower.

I know this is OT, but what type of dog is that in your profile pic? My dog looks quite a lot like this one.
We aren't positive since we adopted her, but we think she is some type of Boxer/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix.

My hair is shoulder length or shorter depending on when I got my last haircut. Normally I have very greasy hair so I would have to wash it daily or at least every other day or it would look terrible.

However I am currently pregnant and my hair and scalp has got so dry I can only wash it once or twice a week or I end up having major flakes fall off all day. I still use conditioner every time I take a shower but the shampoo has to be kept to a minimum for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!