How long had you been dating?

My DF and I were dating for 4 1/2 years when he proposed and will be getting married on our 5 year anniversary. We never talked much about getting married--it was more like I talked about it and he changed the topic. We're both older and I knew that it was time to decide about our future and then he surprised me with the ring :)

Got together when we were 13 in 2003!
Engaged Christmas day 2009
DD born 11/11/2010
Wedding Planned 11/18/2012

So when we get married we will have been together 9 years!

:love:Wow, I feel like the rarity here!lol We dated three months before getting engaged, and were married six months in. Sixteen years later, we're still going strong!

We got together in April 2004 (after meeting at University), then we got a house together in July 2005 and that's when we seriously talked about getting married.

DF always wanted to propose but he had this big thing about making sure that he could afford the ring that he always imagined me wearing so he waited until he finished his PhD and got a job and he proposed in February 2010 and we are getting married in November 2011 :lovestruc

So when we get married we will have been together for 7.5 years - the time really does fly :littleangel:

Met: December 2nd, 2007 while I was on vacation in Orlando.

First Date: December 16th, 2007... 6 weeks later I moved 900 miles to be closer to him.... we were already talking marriage at this point!

Engaged: December 16th, 2010, our 3 year anniversary of our first date!

Wedding: December 10th, 2011!

:love:Wow, I feel like the rarity here!lol We dated three months before getting engaged, and were married six months in. Sixteen years later, we're still going strong!

Your not alone. We dated 3 months before getting engaged and now were getting married in 4 months. When you know you know

Began dating February 25, 2006
Proposed May 20, 2008
Getting married in WDW on May 16, 2011

Yes, we talked about getting married before becoming engaged. I think we started talking about marriage around Aug 2006, when he moved 800 miles away from his family because I was moving.

We were together about 1 and a half years before we got engaged. We had talked about it a little, but I was still completely surprised when he actually proposed. By the time we got married we had been together a little over 3 years.

Met/started dating: September 2007
Engaged: February 2009
Married: October 2010

We 'dated' for eleven months before we got engaged, however we were pretty series from the start. My husband practically lived at my parents house during this time. We then bought a house, moved in together and finally married 5 years later! :bride:

UGH! I HATE not having an anniversary!
But I guess we had been romantically linked (lol) for a total of 2.5 years before we were engaged. And yes, we totally talked about it before then.

We've been together 10 yrs as of Jan. 17th. As of the proposal on Dec 19th, we were together 9 yrs. Marriage was 1st brought up after our 1st yr together. That just being "When I ask, you will say yes, right?" :rotfl: We both said we would get married before 1 of us turned 30. He'll be 32 and I'll be 29 when we get married in Sept. :laughing: Just made it!!!

Aw! We got engaged on December 19th too! It was back in 2005 in Disneyland Paris, how about you guys? :cutie:

My DF and I met on Match.com. On our first date we talked about some of our favorite places to travel, of course we both said Disney World. We got talking about Disney World and I couldn't help but mention that I've always thought it would be cool to have a Disney Wedding. A little over a year later we were engaged. A little over 6 months from now we are having our Disney wedding. :)

Dated for 4 years...... Engaged for 1 year.... May 5th will be celebrating 15 years of marriage....:bride:

Honeymooned @ Disney..... I tell everyone he was only suppose to be a summer fling. Someone to hang out with over the summer. :confused3 I had no intentions of getting serious with him. :rotfl2:

So glad to know I'm not the only one who was with there husbands so long before they got married :)

Date we met: 8/31/02
Officially exclusive: 11/14/02 ( although we really were exclusive before we said it :rotfl2:)
Engaged: 9/19/09 on the Disney Magic
Married: 11/6/2010 on the Disney Magic

And yes we talked about marriage early on as we lived together since March 2003.

We were friends for 6 months, dated for 2 years then he popped the question! We always kind of knew we would get married but after 1 and a half years we started seriously talking about it. :lovestruc

We had been together 4 years when we got engaged, and we will have been together 5 by the time that we get married in October! We started talking about marriage about 1.5 years into it...espically after we welcomed our first son in 2010!

Dating November 2006
Engaged August 2010
Weding April 2012

We had been dating almost 5 years and will be together 6.5 by the time we marry. We talked about it a lot, including the Disney part. We waited because we are paying for everything and we met right before we started law school....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter