How long had you been dating?

We met spring of 2006, but I was dating someone else at the time...

Broke up with the someone else and five months later started dating my fiance in spring 2007. Got engaged July 10th 2010 and will be married September 29th 2011. :) Can't wait!

I met my fiance' through a chain of events. a friend of mine was getting a tattoo, and the guy who was giving her the tattoo decided HE was interested in her, and invited us to go see his band play, which is where I met my finace' since he was playing bass for the band. We met in March of 2009, starting dating April 29th of 2009. and He proposed to me on April 29th, 2011 and We're hoping to be married on April 29th 2013. I can't wait :lovestruc

My DF and I met in HS (we went to prom together as friends) and kept in touch off and on for 10 years.

We started dating April 2010, engaged Dec 2010 and will be married March 2012
:lovestruc

We met on myspace :) We talked for about 3 or 4 months before actually meeting in person. Here's our timeline...

Oct 27, 2005- Initial contact was made

Jan 5, 2006 - First meeting(We were inseparable after that)

Feb 11, 2006 - Officially dating

July 12, 2006 - Moved in our first Apt

May 5, 2010 - Bought our first home :) (Which happened to be his Grandmother's home for 30 years!

February 12, 2011 - ENGAGED! Finally!

October 6, 2012 - Getting married in our back yard :)

We acknowledge our anniversary on the 19th of every month. I would have loved to have gotten married on the 19th of September - but it is a Monday and since I have a huge invite list, we knew many people wouldn't be able to be there for a Monday wedding.

We do the same thing! We call ours, our monthaversary! We usually just have a glass of wine or go to our fave bar and get a burger to "celebrate" another month!

We really wanted to have 10/11/12 as our wedding date for a few reasons. Obviously the 10/11/12 flow, but also because that would have been our 80th monthaversary!!! How cool would that have been! But it's a Thursday :( And I refuse to get married on a 13th, which would be the Saturday after the 11th.

So we settled on the 6th. Oh well. I wish it was this year instead of next.

I'm ready to go on your Honeymoon, to Disney World- of course!

We moved in together after 3 years and got engaged 4.5 years after we started dating.

We got engaged in 2009 so had a 2 year engagement even though We knew we wanted a DFTW before we were engaged.

I'd like to say DH & I hold some sort of record...

May 11, 1993 - we met
July 4, 1993 - engaged
September 18, 1993 - married

Yep, we knew each other 2 months when we got engaged and just 4 months when we got married. This year makes 18 years married. I guess we knew. :cutie:

Like I said, I'd like to say I can claim a record there but I can't. My grandparents only knew each other for 9 days when they got married. They were married for about 55 years when my grandfather passed. Now THAT is knowing. :lovestruc

I met DF when I was 17- he was 19. We were both working at the local movie theater.
We knew after just a few months that we wanted to spend our lives together, but we knew we weren't quite ready yet. I talked about it all the time ;)
After 3 years together, he proposed in front of the Castle! :lovestruc We moved in together 6 months after getting engaged.

Met 10/20/2006
First Kiss 02/14/2007
Engaged 02/14/2010
Will be Married 09/23/2011 :love: Can't Wait!!!

We started dating on April 7th 2006 (our birthday, very cheesy lol)

We got engaged on January 8th 2009

We got married on September 9th 2010

So I guess it was a little less than 3 years when we got engaged, and it was about 4.5 years when we got married.

Edit: I forgot to mention that we did talk about marriage before we actually got engaged, and I wasn't overly patient lol I knew I wanted to marry him, so why prolong it? lol

My fiancé and I met in middle school band class. I was in 8th grade and she was in 7th. Talked a little bit back then, but got to know her a liitle better once she came to my high school. We were both in marching band together so we talked a lot. I had gone through a really rough sophomore year and became really shy around girls. Tried dating a liitle but didn't get anywhere really. I had started to like her more as a girlfriend a little bit into my junior year but was really afraid to ask her out cause of past issues.
I had some of my friends kinda feel her out for me to see if she felt anything for me that way and if I remember correctly she actually liked one of my friends that I sent to investigate. Finally we started talking online and she seemed to have enough of my messengers and one night she posted to me

So when are you going to ask me out?

I think I immediately replied Now....will you go out with me and her response was.......I'll tell you tomorrow...lol

Post more later...

DF and I were dating 8 1/2 years before he proposed (we were high school sweethearts)

Here's our timeline:
Met in gym class in 2000
I asked him out October 11, 2002
He proposed March 10, 2011
Getting Married June 2, 2012

I'm trying to convince him of a Disneymoon...He's not a Disney fan and thinks WDW is for kids :scared1: so I've got my work cut out for me.

Oh yea...we talked about getting married since high school...he told me he was going to propose two years ago and I've just been waiting...lol

June 22, 2005- Started Dating

November 15, 2009- The Proposal at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

October 22, 2011- The wedding :)

My fiancé and I met in middle school band class. I was in 8th grade and she was in 7th. Talked a little bit back then, but got to know her a liitle better once she came to my high school. We were both in marching band together so we talked a lot. I had gone through a really rough sophomore year and became really shy around girls. Tried dating a liitle but didn't get anywhere really. I had started to like her more as a girlfriend a little bit into my junior year but was really afraid to ask her out cause of past issues.
I had some of my friends kinda feel her out for me to see if she felt anything for me that way and if I remember correctly she actually liked one of my friends that I sent to investigate. Finally we started talking online and she seemed to have enough of my messengers and one night she posted to me

So when are you going to ask me out?

I think I immediately replied Now....will you go out with me and her response was.......I'll tell you tomorrow...lol

Post more later...

So continuing on....we had a gig opening up a wal mart in our community and after we performed we had time to walk around for a bit....I ended up avoiding her the whole morning and the rest of the day....we talked again later online and she gave me her answer(which was yes of course)......that date was October 16th 2002

Both graduated hs and went to FAU in Boca Raton

We got engaged at olive garden in July 2009. It was a surprise birthday party dinner for her and right before the cake came I got on one knee and surprised everyone.

My fiancé is going to grad school at GWU in Washington DC and I am looking for a teaching job in the area.

October will be 9 years together...and we are currently set for a January 6th wedding at wp/adh

DF proposed to me last month, on April 25. I still can’t believe it! :goodvibes

We have been dating for a little over three years now. We talked about getting married A LOT beforehand. He and I are both really big planners, so we always talk about our future together. :hug:

We are planning on getting married in WDW on February 25, 2013…Our 5 year anniversary!!

We were dating a little over 4 years and we have definitely talked about marriage and had shown him my "dream" ring, which I had received when he proposed.

Here is our timeline:

We started dating July 9, 2006
one of his brothers bday-he has no excuse to forget :rotfl2:

We got engaged in WDW on October 4, 2010
In front of the Cinderella Bronze statue behind the castle-my fav spot

We are getting married October 6, 2012
nt in WDW, but crossing my fingers really hard for a WDW honeymoon. We have been talking about a 4 day cruise on the dream with a week at the Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter