How long had you been dating?

Hey! DF proposed 2 and 1/2 years after we started dating, and yes, we started talking about marriage before then. I would say we started talking about it sometime after our 1 year dating mark.

2.5 years here as well. Df was telling people he wanted to marry me for about a year before he proposed. We had talked about it a lot too (I would also send him pictures of rings I liked lol!)

October 7th, 2004 - Officially Dating

May 29th, 2010 - Engaged

May 5th, 2012 - Married

Currently 6.5 years and still going strong!
Loved every moment of it!

How long were you dating before you got engaged? Did you talk about marriage before you were engaged?

We were dating for about 3 months when we got engaged. And we hadn't talked about marriage *at all* so his proposal came out of the blue. Our wedding was 11 months after we met. :)

2.5 years here as well. Df was telling people he wanted to marry me for about a year before he proposed. We had talked about it a lot too (I would also send him pictures of rings I liked lol!)

Haha! :lmao: I didn't show him any rings, but whenever we would go to Disney I would always point out the WP or point out the shows on TV about Disney weddings.

We were dating for around 3 years before we were engaged. Yes we talked about getting married before then. We were dating for a little over 6 years before we got married.

However these times are probably longer then the average couple since I was a month shy of 16 when we started dating.

DF and I had been dating for 5 years before he asked me to marry him. When we say our vows we will have been together for 7! I did my time and waited (im)patiently for the ring...:rolleyes1

My DF bought my ring 3 months after we started dating, but didn't propose until we had been together for 2.5 years (a little backwards, huh?)

my Dh and i just knew.. We went and looked at rings at 3 months by 6 months we were engaged and less than 2 years from the day we started dating we were married.. 1998 had our first date.. married in 2000.. celebrating 11 years married this april.. will miss our anniversary by 4 days at Disney!

We were together just over 6 years before we got engaged and together 7.5 years when we get married on Monday! :lovestruc

11 years (yes, your eyes aren't fooling you, I said 11 YEARS) :laughing: BUT we were only young when we met :goodvibes It will be 13 years when we actually get married :scared1:
I'm so the opposite of my parents, they got married after 12weeks!

We started talking about marriage about three months after we started dating. He bought the ring after 2 years, and proposed just before 4 years. We've been engaged for 5 1/2 months.

First Kiss ~ May 14th, 2007

DD Born ~ March, 2008

Engaged ~ August 26th, 2010

Married ~June 7th, 2012

Together for five years by the time we're married. He wasn't very open to marriage until a year ago. Five months later he proposed.

DF says he knew I was "the one" even before we started dating. We were together 15 months when he proposed. Marriage and wedding ideas were discussed before our engagement.

Introduced: 7/25/08
First Date: 06/21/09
Engaged: 09/18/10
Wedding: 05/19/12

11 years (yes, your eyes aren't fooling you, I said 11 YEARS) :laughing: BUT we were only young when we met :goodvibes It will be 13 years when we actually get married :scared1:
I'm so the opposite of my parents, they got married after 12weeks!

You're not alone. We were together just under 10 years, when we finally got engaged, it will be just under 12 years when we get married. I was young when we started dating.

We were together for alomost 2 years, we had spoken of marriage from almost the beginning though. We have been engaged 3yrs now and will be married just before our 5 year anniversary.

DF proposed just about 3 years after we started dating. I talked about marriage ALL the time before he popped the question. He told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, but wouldn't hint as to when he was going to ask! :goodvibes

Introduced: January 2004 approx

First Date/Started Dating: 6/18/2004

Engaged: 3/8/2010

Wedding: 6/18/2012

This June we will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary and will be getting married on our 8 year anniversary to the date!!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter