How is Fidelity?

The owner we bought from had her listing posted on at least 5 different sites. That was helpful because we were able to choose the broker we wanted to work with. But it was also annoying since she countered our offer with a price higher than the listing price LOL. She had it posted on so many sites she couldn’t keep track of what price she had it posted for where.
Oh wow! haha I guess there are pros and cons with multiple site

Multiple listings is allowed.
The owner we bought from had her listing posted on at least 5 different sites. That was helpful because we were able to choose the broker we wanted to work with. But it was also annoying since she countered our offer with a price higher than the listing price LOL. She had it posted on so many sites she couldn’t keep track of what price she had it posted for where.
I just saw two of the same listings for VGF show up on two websites! If only they were the right UY haha

Just look closely at your contract - Fidelity sent me someone else's contract. We specified our title company and they weren't super keen on working with Jeffery Sweet but when I told her the check was already there from a previous contract, she agreed.

Hi everyone! I’m in the process of buying my first Dvc contract. I know that Fidelity is “closed” on Saturdays and Sunday’s, however, do you think the offers at least automatically get sent to the seller when submitted? I made an offer this morning (Saturday 7am), and I’m hoping the seller sees it before Monday! Thanks!

Hi everyone! I’m in the process of buying my first Dvc contract. I know that Fidelity is “closed” on Saturdays and Sunday’s, however, do you think the offers at least automatically get sent to the seller when submitted? I made an offer this morning (Saturday 7am), and I’m hoping the seller sees it before Monday! Thanks!
No, they don’t. You definitely will not hear anything before Monday. And depending on the broker that has that contract, you probably will have to call on Monday if you want to hear something.

No, they don’t. You definitely will not hear anything before Monday. And depending on the broker that has that contract, you probably will have to call on Monday if you want to hear something.
Thanks for the info! I’ve waited so long to actually purchase and the waiting is so hard! I’ll give them a call on Monday 😀

This is so odd-- I have had (knock on wood) excellent service through Fidelity, and very kind emails. I called and left a message Sunday night and had an email Monday morning.

Now, no clue on First American, but they sent me a scan of the received escrow check. Fingers crossed

This is so odd-- I have had (knock on wood) excellent service through Fidelity, and very kind emails. I called and left a message Sunday night and had an email Monday morning.

Now, no clue on First American, but they sent me a scan of the received escrow check. Fingers crossed
Same here! I was pleasantly surprised with Fidelity, and I was shocked when I closed in less than 35 days. I think I had some major pixie dust in my camp, bc I then was able to get DVC to load the points and scored a reservation at Boardwalk for a weekend during wine and dine as I was driving up to Orlando. More than likely that was just a freak occurrence...

I had a good experience with Fidelity. They always responded to any questions within a day. However First American is another story. This group is beyond slow. The fact that Fidelity uses this group makes me question using Fidelity again. From passing ROFR to close was about 45 days. I assume it is because they get paid no matter how long it takes and they don't count on repeat business.

I just closed a SSR contract with Fidelity. I requested Mason Title for the deal. The seller was a little slow in returning documents but otherwise, went fine! I found Fidelity very communicative. I made an offer the day the contract went up, and Shawn Ray was very responsive. It was our first and only DVC purchase.

LOL. Thanks Allday. I'm trying but so far it has been the dvc purchasing equivalent of getting my teenager out of bed in the morning.

We are using them currently with our first purchase. We have been pleased so far.

We offered online one Sunday night, they contacted us the next day and we got the ball rolling. Everything rolled along well the first day. The only unexpected delay so far is that we ended up waiting on the sellers to sign the contract for several days. I eventually emailed to see if there was anything else we needed to do and they responded quickly saying we were waiting on the sellers. They signed the following day and we were sent on to ROFR on 4/15. Still waiting but will be shocked if Disney doesn't snap it up (Beach club at $140/point for 360 points).

We went with Mason Title and are not financing.

I would say they have been pretty good. Purchased one contract with them about 7 months back and it went efficient and quick.

2 more contracts since then, (different agents) are in ROFR right now and both were very good to work with.
---
I emailed the agent listed on the contract and asked for all relevant details to said contract.

Had an answer within an hour or so. Sent my offer. Had a response that they were contacting the seller. Waited a day for one, and about 30mins for the other contracts seller to reply.

Once we came to an agreement, docusign contract and deposit forms were in my inbox in less than an hour.

All parties completed contract signing in less then 2 hours on one, the other, sellers took a few days.

CC deposit cleared a day or so later. Off to ROFR.

Closing on the contract from September went pretty quick as well.

I would say they were on par with site sponsor I closed with a few years ago.

Edit - Contract from September - I emailed agent and lowballed the asking price by a good margin. Seller wouldnt reduce it. I emailed a few more times over the next few weeks and the agent presented my offer each time. Finaly the seller agreed to a slightly different arangment to equal my out the door price I wanted to pay. Agent did a good job during the process.

Last edited:
Ok so I actually feel better having read what people posted. I’ve been waiting on the seller to sign which kind of annoys me. If you want to sell your property, sign so that I can start using it. Lol. Maybe I’m just overly eager because it’s my first contract.

We're using them now for a resale purchase and overall are pleased. The agent was very responsive to our offer, worked the deal well, and got us the paperwork in a timely fashion. My only concern is that it then took them five days to send the contract over to DVC for ROFR. That seems like a little long of a delay. Hadn't experienced that with other brokers. Could just be a fluke.

@beachclub. I'm thinking it's not a fluke. I was frustrated because it's been 2 days and they don't have the seller's signature yet but it seems like that is the norm based on other replies. I'm already aniticipating that even once we have the signature there is going to be a delay in them sending off to disney. On Sunday I was told this should happen on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's Thursday tomorrow and they don't have a fully executed contract yet. I don't want to be a PITA but if other companies can do it more quickly, they can also.

EDIT: I do want to say in fairness, my agent is polite and seems to be familiar with the process. It's just a little bit of oomph that I'd like to see added to the process.

They are slower than death and if you see a contract, bid on it immediately or you won't get it. You can request the title company of your choice and yes there is a $195 admin fee. You can really get a good deal if you can get past the fact that no one ever calls or updates you on anything. Hopefully after 60 days or so the points are in your account and you can say bye bye to them...and relish the hot deal you just got!
ditto

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter