How is Fidelity?

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
I've read about some bad experiences buying resale through Fidelity here.

I also saw two interesting contracts pop up today for VGF that pretty much had the same points (full 2018 banked, full 2019, and full 2020). They were listed at $150 per point and $175 per point, but the calculation was incorrect on the website. I called to inquire and was told that they are having website issues right now and that both contracts are from the same seller and are really going for $163 per point. I also asked about closing costs and there is an additional "admin fee." This sounds shady to me so I've decided I am not going to make an offer.

Has anyone had positive experiences with Fidelity?

Yes, we had an okay experience with them when buying a small VGF contract, but that was over a year and half ago, so things can change.

I remember the Title Company was more of a pain to deal with.

They are slower than death and if you see a contract, bid on it immediately or you won't get it. You can request the title company of your choice and yes there is a $195 admin fee. You can really get a good deal if you can get past the fact that no one ever calls or updates you on anything. Hopefully after 60 days or so the points are in your account and you can say bye bye to them...and relish the hot deal you just got!

They are slow . I am still waiting on closing from contract passed ROFR 6/7. I received closing docs last week and sent back . Now waiting on it to be recorded.
I also had strange experience last night with Fidelity. I noticed a CCV 100 point contract for $140 and said just reduced. I placed a full price bid last PM on it. I expected to hear back this AM and never heard anything and went to Fidelity site and not listed now. I also noticed a lot less CCV contracts than they had last night. I wonder if this is the website issues as mentioned above.

I've noticed their listing prices are closer to what we see here on ROFR page and that's probably good for buyers (easier to find a better price?) and sellers (sell quickly).

I also asked about the figures on the page and was told that it's just an example.

On my last offer through Fidelity, I made the offer over the phone around 3:00. By 6:30 I received an email update that they had not yet heard back from the seller. It was a positive, unexpected update so soon after my offer. We received our contract documents the day after reaching agreement. We recieved the final agreement and had it send off to ROFR the day after everyone executed. So far it's been positive.

I've heard horror stories about First American but I'm not paying closing so I didnt ask for a different closing agent. But so far, it's been okay. We received first contact from First American the day after contact went to ROFR.

Yes, we had an okay experience with them when buying a small VGF contract, but that was over a year and half ago, so things can change.

I remember the Title Company was more of a pain to deal with.

Thank you! Funny Fidelity has so much VGF. I actually reached out about a contract earlier via e-mail and have still not received a response and it now says sale pending so I called about the new ones. I am also on a direct waitlist because I want 75 points from Disney so I am trying to pair a good resale with that in mind.

They are slower than death and if you see a contract, bid on it immediately or you won't get it. You can request the title company of your choice and yes there is a $195 admin fee. You can really get a good deal if you can get past the fact that no one ever calls or updates you on anything. Hopefully after 60 days or so the points are in your account and you can say bye bye to them...and relish the hot deal you just got!
These two contracts just showed up today. The rep also confirmed that. I had imagined the $150 per point would go before the $175, but apparently they are really the same price so who knows. I was honestly concerned that $150 may not even pass ROFR based on the thread. I figured the worst outcome was that Disney took it back then my guide called me because he got 2018 points 😂

They are slow . I am still waiting on closing from contract passed ROFR 6/7. I received closing docs last week and sent back . Now waiting on it to be recorded.
I also had strange experience last night with Fidelity. I noticed a CCV 100 point contract for $140 and said just reduced. I placed a full price bid last PM on it. I expected to hear back this AM and never heard anything and went to Fidelity site and not listed now. I also noticed a lot less CCV contracts than they had last night. I wonder if this is the website issues as mentioned above.
Very strange! I just assumed something shady may have been going on and they just said it was a "website issue." Maybe there truly is something going on? But like I mentioned earlier, I also reached out via e-mail directly on 7/2 about a different contract and have still not yet received a response.

I've noticed their listing prices are closer to what we see here on ROFR page and that's probably good for buyers (easier to find a better price?) and sellers (sell quickly).

I also asked about the figures on the page and was told that it's just an example.

On my last offer through Fidelity, I made the offer over the phone around 3:00. By 6:30 I received an email update that they had not yet heard back from the seller. It was a positive, unexpected update so soon after my offer. We received our contract documents the day after reaching agreement. We recieved the final agreement and had it send off to ROFR the day after everyone executed. So far it's been positive.

I've heard horror stories about First American but I'm not paying closing so I didnt ask for a different closing agent. But so far, it's been okay. We received first contact from First American the day after contact went to ROFR.
I've read that sometimes Fidelity has distressed contracts so people are looking to get rid of them fast. I would have no issue making an offer, but I don't want to regret going through a painful process if it really only saves me a couple hundred dollars. There are plenty of resale places, just not much VGF right now.

Our first contract that got ROFRed was through fidelity. They were poor to okay. Really bad communication , acted annoyed to answer our questions. Everything was slow. They don’t work weekends or evenings.

Our second contract was with Resales DVC and they were the exact opposite - truly phenomenal.

I wouldn’t use Fidelity again in the future unless they had that rare, perfect contract that I couldn’t get anywhere else

Our first contract that got ROFRed was through fidelity. They were poor to okay. Really bad communication , acted annoyed to answer our questions. Everything was slow. They don’t work weekends or evenings.

Our second contract was with Resales DVC and they were the exact opposite - truly phenomenal.

I wouldn’t use Fidelity again in the future unless they had that rare, perfect contract that I couldn’t get anywhere else
Thank you for your honesty! The Fidelity contract is actually a little larger than I want right now with a direct purchase combined so I will just sit tight. There are definitely other people out there that will want to sell. I've reached out to a few other resale companies (including Resales DVC) and they all seemed friendlier and more responsive so I will just keep watching.

I battled there site all day yesterday. Offers made didn’t hear anything, listings coming and going. I called and spoke to a actual person and asked exactly what was available and made an offer. Offer was accepted and papaerwork complete. I would say their website is doing funky stuff so just call and speak with someone. Fingers crossed 100 Saratago at $102?? My first ever offer and acceptance so I guess wait on ROFR???

I battled there site all day yesterday. Offers made didn’t hear anything, listings coming and going. I called and spoke to a actual person and asked exactly what was available and made an offer. Offer was accepted and papaerwork complete. I would say their website is doing funky stuff so just call and speak with someone. Fingers crossed 100 Saratago at $102?? My first ever offer and acceptance so I guess wait on ROFR???
I wonder if I should inquire about the original contract I liked that says sale pending. It is smaller and more in line with what I wanted. If the website is being so funky, maybe it isn't actually sale pending?
Very good experience with fidelity
Was there a specific agent you worked with? When I called the person I spoke with said both listings were hers so IDK if that means there is only 1 agent or I just got lucky when calling the 1-800.
I think it is better to call up Fidelity that to submit an offer through the website, I don't think their agents and/or website works that great with IT. I made sure to call them as soon as the contract that we liked came up on the website.
Thanks. I think I will have to do this with any of the companies if I find something I really want. It seems like <=100 at VGF will be popular so they may all go fast!

I spoke with Bonnie today, she was great and apologized for the website issues.
Ok, so then maybe the pricing really is an isolated website issue and not some sort of bait and switch? Maybe I am just paranoid.

Good luck! 🍀

I am also realizing I wouldn't have even been able to use all the banked 2018 points by the time the contract would have closed. The first trip I would consider booking for would start 3/28/20 and that would hit the 7-month window on 8/28/19 and I would lose the home resort advantage. The next trip I would want to book with VGF points is Dec 2020, but those banked points expire 9/30/20. I could have always rented them, but what is the fun in that?

I am supposed to close tomorrow on a contract that I purchased through Fidelity. I have no real complaints. It has been a long process, but I think that is mostly due to the Title company. We put the offer in on 5/21 (I also have nothing to compare this to, but from looking at the Closing time thread our time to receive closing docs was very long). The agent at Fidelity has been very responsive when I have emailed with questions, usually responding within the hour. She called very quickly when we passed ROFR and emailed when I missed the call.

I am supposed to close tomorrow on a contract that I purchased through Fidelity. I have no real complaints. It has been a long process, but I think that is mostly due to the Title company. We put the offer in on 5/21 (I also have nothing to compare this to, but from looking at the Closing time thread our time to receive closing docs was very long). The agent at Fidelity has been very responsive when I have emailed with questions, usually responding within the hour. She called very quickly when we passed ROFR and emailed when I missed the call.
No problems at all. I got a loaded contract, seller paid closing and dues for an absolute steal b
Thanks for the positive reviews!

I'm currently using them and had no issues. I called them and put in an offer for a 200 pt SSR contract at $92. I had an answer in about 2 hours. It was listed at $94 the broker didn't really help with the offer just warned me about offering too low and if I really wanted it to offer a little more than asking. I'm now just waiting on the title company

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!