How is Fidelity?

I wonder if I should inquire about the original contract I liked that says sale pending. It is smaller and more in line with what I wanted. If the website is being so funky, maybe it isn't actually sale pending?

Was there a specific agent you worked with? When I called the person I spoke with said both listings were hers so IDK if that means there is only 1 agent or I just got lucky when calling the 1-800.

Thanks. I think I will have to do this with any of the companies if I find something I really want. It seems like <=100 at VGF will be popular so they may all go fast!
We worked with Bonnie, but I think that is just because we happened to want one of her listings. (I think listings are pre assigned to agents there). We filled out some inquiry form on their website and I got an email back from her saying to let her know if we saw something. About a week and a half later we saw one, emailed her and within a day or 2 we had a contract. It was smooth sailing. Longest part was waiting on Disney. Got a great deal. We never actually spoke with anyone there. All email.

Oh and we asked to work with Jeffrey Sweet for title. Great title co.

I'm currently using them and had no issues. I called them and put in an offer for a 200 pt SSR contract at $92. I had an answer in about 2 hours. It was listed at $94 the broker didn't really help with the offer just warned me about offering too low and if I really wanted it to offer a little more than asking. I'm now just waiting on the title company
We worked with Bonnie, but I think that is just because we happened to want one of her listings. (I think listings are pre assigned to agents there). We filled out some inquiry form on their website and I got an email back from her saying to let her know if we saw something. About a week and a half later we saw one, emailed her and within a day or 2 we had a contract. It was smooth sailing. Longest part was waiting on Disney. Got a great deal. We never actually spoke with anyone there. All email.

Oh and we asked to work with Jeffrey Sweet for title. Great title co.
Thanks for the positive reviews! I may have honestly spoke with Bonnie, but I am not 100% sure. I don't remember and it isn't in my notes. It is reassuring you heard back via e-mail considering I have not received a response. Maybe it was a different agent on a different contract?

They tried to get me to sell a contract way under market value thinking I didn't know what I was talking about. We went with the dvcstore who gave us the correct advice and we got the price we wanted.

I have used Fidelity three times now. The first was for a DVC contract I purchased last year. Bonnie was the realtor and was very good. The second was on a VGF contract that got ROFR a few months ago, and Shawn was the realtor and was also very responsive. And third, I am currently in the ROFR stage on another contract through Fidelity and am using Shawn again and the process has been smooth.

The three times I have worked with them has been a positive experience for me. I honestly don’t know why people complain about them. I guess the only negative is the $195 admin fee you pay, but to me, they have the lowest priced contracts by far and a good selection, so the admin fee is peanuts when you are getting a really good price on a contract.

I have used Fidelity three times now. The first was for a DVC contract I purchased last year. Bonnie was the realtor and was very good. The second was on a VGF contract that got ROFR a few months ago, and Shawn was the realtor and was also very responsive. And third, I am currently in the ROFR stage on another contract through Fidelity and am using Shawn again and the process has been smooth.

The three times I have worked with them has been a positive experience for me. I honestly don’t know why people complain about them. I guess the only negative is the $195 admin fee you pay, but to me, they have the lowest priced contracts by far and a good selection, so the admin fee is peanuts when you are getting a really good price on a contract.

Exactly, I worked with both Bonnie and Shawn before, and they are both good to work with and responsive to me. No complaints there with Fidelity. I am still waiting on a contract to close, that we signed in early April, and passed ROFR early May. Problem is seller took about 6 weeks to send docs back, as confirmed by Title company, since they were international and had to make appoint at US Embassy. Hopefully my contract close this week. I would use Fidelity anytime. Sure, they don't call you proactively, but they always response when you put in an inquiry about status thru both phone and email, so I am good with that.

To me, it doesn't matter if it takes longer than usual to close, as long as it does close, especially when it beyond control of the broker or title company.

Great3

We used Fidelity last Fall for our BCV contract. At that time, Fidelity had the best, most competitively priced contracts on the market and had the perfect one for us. Bonnie was wonderful and communication was good. From day of offer to the points posted in our DVC account was 9 weeks. I was shocked. Title company was Duncan. I think you need to use the company that has a listing that fits your resort / points/ use year needs with the best pricing. At the time, the other BCV contracts were priced at $12 - $15 more per point from other brokers. We had an offer accepted which included MF. I had also heard that Fidelity gets a lot of distressed contracts and good deals are to be found.

I think it is better to call up Fidelity that to submit an offer through the website, I don't think their agents and/or website works that great with IT. I made sure to call them as soon as the contract that we liked came up on the website.
Totally correct - call but only at their convenience which I think is 9-5 M-F and make sure you get a REAL person. Send an email to that person to follow up and ask for a reply to confirm. Leave nothing up to chance with them - take it from experience. I think we had the longest ROFR that I know of 67 days if I remember correctly!

Ok, so then maybe the pricing really is an isolated website issue and not some sort of bait and switch? Maybe I am just paranoid.
Be paranoid - that "little voice" your Mom told you to listen to is correct. We've worked with all the other large agencies, some multiple times and you get top-notch, personal service...not so here. I was sent a survey by the owner after we made an offer accepted by the seller but I did not send it back until after it went through ROFR and then I was brutally honest...crickets...

I had a very good experience with Fidelity. I dealt with Shawn Ray, and she was great about keeping in contact through the process up to the point where it was turned over to the closing company (First American...I can't recommend them).

They tried to get me to sell a contract way under market value thinking I didn't know what I was talking about. We went with the dvcstore who gave us the correct advice and we got the price we wanted.
Wow, I have nothing to sell, but that is also good to know for the future! It makes sense if they have lower offers that the seller isn't seeing as much. I highly doubt it takes a smaller commission because of it's "admin fee." LOL

That is reassuring that you have had multiple positive experiences! Wow, another VGF from Fidelity. Maybe it is just like when you buy a car and then suddenly see it everywhere. It definitely has the most VGF I have seen.

I hope your newest contract passes ROFR!

Exactly, I worked with both Bonnie and Shawn before, and they are both good to work with and responsive to me. No complaints there with Fidelity. I am still waiting on a contract to close, that we signed in early April, and passed ROFR early May. Problem is seller took about 6 weeks to send docs back, as confirmed by Title company, since they were international and had to make appoint at US Embassy. Hopefully my contract close this week. I would use Fidelity anytime. Sure, they don't call you proactively, but they always response when you put in an inquiry about status thru both phone and email, so I am good with that.

To me, it doesn't matter if it takes longer than usual to close, as long as it does close, especially when it beyond control of the broker or title company.

Great3
Did Fidelity disclose it was an international seller before you continued in the process? I did not see anything about it online and did not ask because I am not going to pursue the contract. Nothing against international, I have just read about FIRPTA and how it can take longer.

I had a very good experience with Fidelity. I dealt with Shawn Ray, and she was great about keeping in contact through the process up to the point where it was turned over to the closing company (First American...I can't recommend them).
Ohhh I have been seeing many bad comments about First American. Can you pick the closing company? Or does Fidelity just randomly pick?

Decent prices but slow! I found I had to call and email more than I felt I should have had to.
Yeah, I was thinking you almost get what you pay for. I am still waiting for a response to my e-mail on 7/2/19 😂

We used Fidelity last Fall for our BCV contract. At that time, Fidelity had the best, most competitively priced contracts on the market and had the perfect one for us. Bonnie was wonderful and communication was good. From day of offer to the points posted in our DVC account was 9 weeks. I was shocked. Title company was Duncan. I think you need to use the company that has a listing that fits your resort / points/ use year needs with the best pricing. At the time, the other BCV contracts were priced at $12 - $15 more per point from other brokers. We had an offer accepted which included MF. I had also heard that Fidelity gets a lot of distressed contracts and good deals are to be found.
That is an excellent point about picking a company that fits what I need. I currently have 0 DVC points. lol I am on a waitlist for VGF direct with an Oct UY. I am looking for 75 - 110 points direct. I really would like to stay at or around 200 VGF points for now as this is my first experience with DVC. I can always add-on later. When I saw 150 for that extremely low price I figured it may be worth it compared to a 100 point contract, but over time with maintenance the lower price won't matter if I don't want/need all those points. There will always be more Oct UY VGF contracts!

Totally correct - call but only at their convenience which I think is 9-5 M-F and make sure you get a REAL person. Send an email to that person to follow up and ask for a reply to confirm. Leave nothing up to chance with them - take it from experience. I think we had the longest ROFR that I know of 67 days if I remember correctly!
Be paranoid - that "little voice" your Mom told you to listen to is correct. We've worked with all the other large agencies, some multiple times and you get top-notch, personal service...not so here. I was sent a survey by the owner after we made an offer accepted by the seller but I did not send it back until after it went through ROFR and then I was brutally honest...crickets...
Wow, that is a long time! Funny how you did not hear back about your honest feedback. I like being updated when making a big purchase so not hearing back about another contract via e-mail irked me. Combining the lack of response with varying prices/points online and over the phone just made me press pause on the whole thing. There is actually another contract listed by DVC Resale Market for 170 VGF points if I was really interested. I still think it is higher than what I want right now so I will wait and see if something 100 and lower gets posted.

Did Fidelity disclose it was an international seller before you continued in the process? I did not see anything about it online and did not ask because I am not going to pursue the contract. Nothing against international, I have just read about FIRPTA and how it can take longer.

No, they did not, I only found out when we went to sign the purchase contract. I wish they did though before I start the bidding process. All in all, it doesn't matter to me.

Great3

I used Fidelity in December 2018. The sales person and the contracts person was great. But the title company they steered me to, First American, was slow. They waited to send the closing documents and they waited until the closing date stated in the contract to close the sale. This was about a month after Disney waived ROFR. Compare that to a buddy of mine who used another title company, they closed about a week after Disney waived ROFR. I would definitely use Fidelity again, but would request another title company after doing some research here.

No, they did not, I only found out when we went to sign the purchase contract. I wish they did though before I start the bidding process. All in all, it doesn't matter to me.

Great3
International sellers are typically not a big deal (we've dealt with two) but it should be disclosed with your offer. It is noted on all the other International contracts on the big resellers. You have to provide YOUR social security number if it is an International Seller and some people do not want to disclose that - we were okay with it.

Just to add to our experience... It is coming back to me now that I am thinking about it. We did contact another company before fidelity but decided not to put in an offer on the contract there. It was one of the main agencies that people use. I emailed and asked if the listing was still available. The person who emailed me back was incredibly nice and professional and gave me A LOT of detail and information. I really liked the email exchange. Fidelity was more cut and dry. I can understand why some people may prefer another agency, if you are the kind of person who wants a warmer experience or need information. We had already done our own research and are cut and dry ourselves, so we don’t like a lot of attention and just wanted an in and out experience. That being said, our experience with Fidelity was professional, In the end we picked for the listing, not the agency.

Just to add to our experience... It is coming back to me now that I am thinking about it. We did contact another company before fidelity but decided not to put in an offer on the contract there. It was one of the main agencies that people use. I emailed and asked if the listing was still available. The person who emailed me back was incredibly nice and professional and gave me A LOT of detail and information. I really liked the email exchange. Fidelity was more cut and dry. I can understand why some people may prefer another agency, if you are the kind of person who wants a warmer experience or need information. We had already done our own research and are cut and dry ourselves, so we don’t like a lot of attention and just wanted an in and out experience. That being said, our experience with Fidelity was professional, In the end we picked for the listing, not the agency.
I certainly respect your opinion and for 23 years we have been experienced buyers who need no hand holding, however I would not purchase a car from a company that didn't seem to want my business. I have received follow up phone calls and thank you notes from others which is the way I did business when I was in high end sales and my success was due to treating people the way I wanted to be treated. That being said, I agree that looking for a particular contract doesn't always come with the broker you hoped for, however being in the dark for months without any contact is inexcusable IMHO and buyers need to make the decision based on their needs.

I recently submitted two offers a few days apart: one to DVC Resale Market (who I have used three times) and one to Fidelity. Both agents were great to deal with. The biggest issue, as others have said, is timeliness. I am assuming part of it has to be the title company. They cleared ROFR three days apart (6/21 and 6/25). The DVC Resale contract (6/21) is closing tomorrow. Magic Vacation Title has been used each time with DVC Resale and they have been awesome and attentive. Fidelity is using First American and I haven't heard a thing since it cleared ROFR 6/25.

Great3
Oh wow, good to know if I see the perfect contract with them down the line.
International sellers are typically not a big deal (we've dealt with two) but it should be disclosed with your offer. It is noted on all the other International contracts on the big resellers. You have to provide YOUR social security number if it is an International Seller and some people do not want to disclose that - we were okay with it.
That is what I am used to seeing on other sites. I will always ensure I double check when speaking with someone prior to making any offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!