How is Fidelity?

I used Fidelity in December 2018. The sales person and the contracts person was great. But the title company they steered me to, First American, was slow. They waited to send the closing documents and they waited until the closing date stated in the contract to close the sale. This was about a month after Disney waived ROFR. Compare that to a buddy of mine who used another title company, they closed about a week after Disney waived ROFR. I would definitely use Fidelity again, but would request another title company after doing some research here.
Can you just ask for another title company? I wonder why Fidelity automatically goes with First American if it is slow?

I recently submitted two offers a few days apart: one to DVC Resale Market (who I have used three times) and one to Fidelity. Both agents were great to deal with. The biggest issue, as others have said, is timeliness. I am assuming part of it has to be the title company. They cleared ROFR three days apart (6/21 and 6/25). The DVC Resale contract (6/21) is closing tomorrow. Magic Vacation Title has been used each time with DVC Resale and they have been awesome and attentive. Fidelity is using First American and I haven't heard a thing since it cleared ROFR 6/25.
That is a big difference! Did they tell you which title company they were going to use?

I had a good experience with Fidelity. I did call and talk to an agent though. Maybe that is the key.

Just to add to our experience... It is coming back to me now that I am thinking about it. We did contact another company before fidelity but decided not to put in an offer on the contract there. It was one of the main agencies that people use. I emailed and asked if the listing was still available. The person who emailed me back was incredibly nice and professional and gave me A LOT of detail and information. I really liked the email exchange. Fidelity was more cut and dry. I can understand why some people may prefer another agency, if you are the kind of person who wants a warmer experience or need information. We had already done our own research and are cut and dry ourselves, so we don’t like a lot of attention and just wanted an in and out experience. That being said, our experience with Fidelity was professional, In the end we picked for the listing, not the agency.
I noticed the same. I felt much better about my interactions with some of the other agencies. I got e-mail follow-ups to calls, multiple options of locating contacts, and reps that also claim they will alert me if they see something come up with my specific criteria. They are obviously salespeople so who know if it just going through the motions, but I guess I like being catered to on purchases 😂
I certainly respect your opinion and for 23 years we have been experienced buyers who need no hand holding, however I would not purchase a car from a company that didn't seem to want my business. I have received follow up phone calls and thank you notes from others which is the way I did business when I was in high end sales and my success was due to treating people the way I wanted to be treated. That being said, I agree that looking for a particular contract doesn't always come with the broker you hoped for, however being in the dark for months without any contact is inexcusable IMHO and buyers need to make the decision based on their needs.
Agreed. I am in a position where I have a certain amount money saved for points and it can be any combo of direct/resale. If a good resale comes up first I will base my direct purchase off that. If direct comes through first, I will buy enough for the primary annual stay I am looking at and supplement with resale when the time is right. I do my research, but also like to be taken care of and feel valued.

Can you just ask for another title company? I wonder why Fidelity automatically goes with First American if it is slow?
In Florida the buyer has the right to request a title company. Simply many people just are unaware of this thus Fidelity uses their preferred title company First American. In general First American is actually a title company (selling the insurance) and also the insurance company. Oddly enough I used First American through DVC Resale Market and had 0 issues, but that was an office in Nevada for VGC.

As for why Fidelity uses First American it is likely some sort of arrangement where there is an "incentive" to Fidelity recommending First American.

In Florida the buyer has the right to request a title company. Simply many people just are unaware of this thus Fidelity uses their preferred title company First American. In general First American is actually a title company (selling the insurance) and also the insurance company. Oddly enough I used First American through DVC Resale Market and had 0 issues, but that was an office in Nevada for VGC.

As for why Fidelity uses First American it is likely some sort of arrangement where there is an "incentive" to Fidelity recommending First American.
I would have had no idea I could just pick and choose in Florida if it were not for finding out here so thank you! Something to keep in mind for a resale offer. I've seen the different companies on the closing thread, but didn't know how they were picked.

That is a big difference! Did they tell you which title company they were going to use?
I requested Magic Vacation Title and the Fidelity agent said sure. Then when I got the contract, it listed First American. I called and asked about it and the agent told me that *** would not work with Fidelity. I do not know if that is true or not and I decided to leave it alone. Everything was moving at the same pace until both contracts passed ROFR. Every one of the DVC Resale contracts has moved as quickly as this one did. I've seen others speculate on the boards that Disney issues the estoppel at the same time as the ROFR decision. Each one of my DVC Resale closing packets has come within a few days of passing ROFR which makes me think that is true. This leads me to believe that First American is not moving as quickly for whatever reason. Though it seems to be a running theme.

I requested Magic Vacation Title and the Fidelity agent said sure. Then when I got the contract, it listed First American. I called and asked about it and the agent told me that *** would not work with Fidelity. I do not know if that is true or not and I decided to leave it alone. Everything was moving at the same pace until both contracts passed ROFR. Every one of the DVC Resale contracts has moved as quickly as this one did. I've seen others speculate on the boards that Disney issues the estoppel at the same time as the ROFR decision. Each one of my DVC Resale closing packets has come within a few days of passing ROFR which makes me think that is true. This leads me to believe that First American is not moving as quickly for whatever reason. Though it seems to be a running theme.
Thanks, so just because it is requested it may not work with Fidelity OR they will at least claim it does not work. Good to know!

AFAIK, Magic Vacation Title is owned by a different broker. I could see why Fidelity would not want to work with a competitor's title company.
I was told it was the other way around. Magic wouldn’t work with Fidelity. Though I mentioned to my contact at Magic that I had a contract from Fidelity coming to them and she was happy and said she would be looking for it. Obviously that isn’t what happened. And it’s still doesn’t explain why First American is so much slower.

We used them last year for a resale GF contract and don't recall any issues. Also I needed some documents for my taxes this year and they were able to get them to me in a few hours. Maybe I just got lucky, but they were great for us.

We used them last year for a resale GF contract and don't recall any issues. Also I needed some documents for my taxes this year and they were able to get them to me in a few hours. Maybe I just got lucky, but they were great for us.
Wow, another resale VGF contract through Fidelity! Seems like a trend. Thanks for the positive endorsement.

It is funny, I do not remember signing up for Fidelity e-mail alerts and now I am getting them. Both those contracts I was looking at are still showing as available too.

We have purchased many resale contract through TSS and Fidelity. Working with both of them have been easy. Where I see a big difference is with the title company. Fidelity almost always defaults to First American. I feel the issue is with First American. They are sloppy and slow with the closing. I would never use them again.

We have purchased many resale contract through TSS and Fidelity. Working with both of them have been easy. Where I see a big difference is with the title company. Fidelity almost always defaults to First American. I feel the issue is with First American. They are sloppy and slow with the closing. I would never use them again.
Thank you! It seems that First American should be avoided at all costs 😂

Still watching all resale listings and I find those two VGF contracts from Fidelity are now pulled from the site. Not reduced, not sale pending, they are completely removed from the website. Seems weird to me.

Still watching all resale listings and I find those two VGF contracts from Fidelity are now pulled from the site. Not reduced, not sale pending, they are completely removed from the website. Seems weird to me.
Personally, I find they are legitimate but I found similar trends on listings like you are finding. Where they disappear from the site randomly. I assumed they are doing what the old used car sales add in newspapers did. List one car dirt cheap or too good to get people in the door then say well it sold already which was true but then why you are there why not look at other cars.

Yeah, it does sound like plenty have had positive experiences, but the actions totally confirm my hesitation about bait and switch. I honestly keep watching those in particular hoping for them to go sales pending since they claimed to have had full 2018 points. If they were really lowballed and taken with ROFR, the points may have been turned around and eventually offered from DVD.

I wonder if they are pulled because the seller changed their mind? Or maybe they are listed on more than one site and sold on the other site? Just speculating!

I wonder if they are pulled because the seller changed their mind? Or maybe they are listed on more than one site and sold on the other site? Just speculating!
Good idea! The seller had two identical contracts so maybe he/she decided to keep the 300 points LOL

IDK how listing with multiple places would work. Is that allowed? I have only been looking at a small sample (VGF with an Oct UY), but had not really seen any contracts overlap on 10+ resale sites.

Good idea! The seller had two identical contracts so maybe he/she decided to keep the 300 points LOL

IDK how listing with multiple places would work. Is that allowed? I have only been looking at a small sample (VGF with an Oct UY), but had not really seen any contracts overlap on 10+ resale sites.
Multiple listings is allowed.

The owner we bought from had her listing posted on at least 5 different sites. That was helpful because we were able to choose the broker we wanted to work with. But it was also annoying since she countered our offer with a price higher than the listing price LOL. She had it posted on so many sites she couldn’t keep track of what price she had it posted for where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!