How do YOU deal with dis-depression?

I have a lot of Disney music on my iPod. Unfortunately, this year I'm having a really rough time in work and no Disney trip in sight for the forseeable, so everytime any music from the parks comes on shuffle, I tear up! I have to confess to crying if I watch any videos about the parks on youtube...

My husband found me on this site the other day and did say to me he doesn't mind me going back on my own this summer... I can afford a week on my own there, I'm soooo tempted!

I understand as well. I just discovered DH really isn't that excited about going to WDW again. I knew he wasn't as carzy as me, but he talks about our trips all the time to people-I really thought he was jumping on board the crazy train, oh well. I booked an awesome trip for our family with a great rate for late fall/Christmas time. We did go early this year for an all adults ESPN the Weekend trip.

I do okay right when I get back, but a couple of weeks afterwards I start lurking around the Boards, reading my tour books, listening to Disney music, etc, etc.

I think the solution for me is to do as I have read others have done and take a solo trip, just a couple of days a year-that way I can get my fix and if DH wants to go somewhere else, he can plan it.

That's really what sticks in my craw, I ask, "What do you want to do for vacation?", the response is "I don't care." So it's not like I'm getting alot of help here.

OP I feel for you, on your last post it looked like you had enough to keep you occupied and were not feeling the distance so keenly, I hope the time until your next trip flies by!

Trip reports and other threads on the DIS definitely help with the waiting. I also have been reading a lot of Disney books. The ones that are really interesting for us are the ones that talk about the Hidden Magic of Disney like the Imagineering Field Guides and The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Veness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter