How do YOU deal with dis-depression?

I have this problem too. It is most defintely a disney addiction. It started out as 1 trip every year, then we got a darn pin code. Then we got used to going 2 times a year. Then a deal on a DCL cruise. Now it is two times a year and a DCL cruise. DH is thinking we should fit in a fall trip too now. This is no easy feat since we live in upstate NY :rotfl2:

I am totally in a disney funk...I need a quick fix. This past FEb trip the weather was cold and rainy. YUCK. I feel cheated, I need a 'do-over'. Thinking about booking a trip for Aug today. But I really want to wait to see if free dining is announced. DH called me this morning asking if there are any deals, maybe we should just book? But I am trying to be somewhat fiscally reasonable....

I need to implement some of these addiction strategies that PP have mentioned.

For me, I kind of have to step away for awhile. I go through my pics and post some things on here and then take a Disney break. I just can't handle hearing about everyone's upcoming trips for a little while!

GREAT stuff so far guys! I really appreciate it!

All my whining has gotten me something WDW related that will keep my mind off of my distant trip for the next 5 months--I have my first gig planning a trip for my BFF and her family in late June! :) woohoo!
They love the world, but haven't been there since 2006, and even then didn't get the full experience they should have.
I'm going to make them a binder that will hold their basic trip details, and a guide to the world written by me, giving them MY biggest tips and telling them what are MY must do's (I feel like the only way they'll get around to some things is if I tell them they have to! haha)

I'm really excited, and it'll give me an excuse to focus on disney!
Then when their trip is over I'll only be a year and a half out from mine--thats not TOO ridiculous to start heavy planning, right? :goodvibes

And don't forget to listen to DIS Radio while you're doing it! :banana:

When our magical trip ends, we keep telling ourselves that we will do something besides Disney next year. When we stop lying to ourselves, usually about 3mo after returning, we start talking and planning again. There is no getting over the end of a Disney trip. Bad break ups as a teenager were more enjoyable than life without WDW.

LOL!!! This sounds so much like my family. Each year, usually on our drive home, we start talking with DDs about "going somewhere else" next year. The girls usually want no part of that discussion! But, like you, usually within a couple of months we are already discussing our next Disney trip. It just is sssoooo addictive. I also must give kudos to Disney!! Our oldest DD has a physical disability and it is just very, very "do-able" for her. She won't even entertain the idea of a beach trip anymore because she says it is too hard for her. (And the older and bigger she gets...the beach is too hard for all of us!) But I'm glad I've raised my girls right...they are big Disney nuts like their mom. The mouse doesn't fall far from the tree! :lmao:

Don't know what to tell you because our last trip was in September and I still haven't gotten the bug out of my system! We went to the Caribbean recently and I thought that would kind of get me back on track with being content going anywhere, but it didn't really work. As it was, I kept comparing everything to Disney anyway... My DBF is sick of WDW and really doesn't want to go back for a few years either.

I just come here every so often to see what's going on, maybe make some recipes from WDW, and keep hoping Disney will come up with an offer I can't refuse/can afford.

It's funny because when we left Disney after our trip in Feb (our first), I thought that some of y'all were crazy for how many times you visited Disney and that, though we had a decent time, the weather sucked, I was tired of all of the walking, etc, I really had no desire to visit again. As time has gone by, almost a month now, I find myself drawn back to the boards again and missing Disney!! I don't know that we'll go back again because we're going to Vegas in September and want to go to Mexico after that, but I do think I will have a Disney trip again sometime in the future. :)

Disboards, blog, planning on moving to FL, trips this year and next year, join D23, read Disney books and magazines, listen to podcasts....:goodvibes

After this Feb. trip Dh and I decided that we would go back Aug 2011. That sounded reasonable. But now that we are home that seems like a long time. Besides.....I am seeing cracks in his armor and I am hoping to convince him that a free dining (fingers crossed) Aug. this year would be reasonable as well.:rolleyes1. I shamelessly get the kids talking about what they would do when they are there. Which rides they are looking forward to, which characters they want to see. I know that is his weak spot.;) I am keeping an eye on rates, fishing for pins. Bargains are another weak spot.:rotfl:

When I am not trying to brainwash my DH :laughing:.... I listen to mouseworld radio. I listen to MK rope drop at 8 am and Illuminations at 8pm. I also am putting together a scrap book of the last trip. And of course I surf the DIS. :surfweb: I like to help others figure out their trip. My BFF just told me she is trying to convince her dh to take a trip next sept. :cool1: Another chance to talk about WDW:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I think you've been speaking to my wife! After I told her we couldn't possibly go back for at least a few years following our last visit, she somehow convinced me that going once without the kids would be a good idea. The guilt of leaving the kids behind wouldn't allow me to do it without saying we would bring them in October. We went from no trips to two--I'm still a little stunned.:confused3:laughing:

I will be going back to Disney in may for the first time in 3 years. I can not wait. I went through the whole somewhere else thing. So I went to Nashville TN which I always wanted to go. I hated every second I was there. So I said well no more of that I will stick with what I love which is Disney.

I buy Disney stuff at the dollar tree and make scrapbooks and stuff. I also buy little disney things throught the year and donate them at Christmas time for the needy children. So that is how I get my fix. I already have a drawer full of goodies for this Christmas.

After this past trip, I decided I'm going to try and train for the Princess Half Marathon March 2011. Now that I have a goal in mind, it's a little easier. Plus, a LOT of Dis Radio!

My great niece and I always start planning and making a list on our return flight home.
Things to repeat or that we missed and to make sure we do.
Something to look forward to so it doesn't feel like its over and done with.
Family members laugh and say, they're not ready to even think about going back, but its funny as the next trip approaches more and more decide they have to join us.
I just smile ........ knowing they couldn't just sit at home and want a postcard.

I'm in the same boat as you.:sad2: When we went last Sept., we had such a difficult time with DD(1) that we vowed we wouldn't go back until she was at least 3. It sounded good at the time.:confused3 But now a few months have gone by:rolleyes1 and I'm getting the itch again.:banana: Now for the last month, I have been on Disboards and WDW website every day!:surfweb: Even though I know we realistically can't go until at least next January, I am having fun starting the planning now:goodvibes, even though it's driving me CRAZY!:crazy2:

We try to go once a year, but in this economy nothing is ever set in stone! Still, I get over my blues by planning (hoping it comes to fruitition) our next WDW adventure!
My girls are constantly watching the trip planning videos! :goodvibes

Oh I truly know how you feel. I start to get sad towards the end of the trip and find myself crying on the way to the airport :sad2:. I honestly can't believe that life can go on in the parks when I am not there:confused:.

We cannot afford to go as often as I would like (and my husband doesn't share the love that I feel when I am home) so it can be tricky.

One thing I do is scrapbooking :cool1:. Then I can take out my very huge scrapbook and look at all the wonderful trips I have had. Also creating new pages keeps me occupied, brings up wonderful memories, and makes me smile.

I have found the disboards to be very helpful b/c there are other addicts like me here who truly understand how terrible it is to be away from home!!!! I also have lots of Mickey memorabilia around the house and this last time we bought the CD of music from the parks which has been great to listen too during this horrific New England winter!!!

I am already planning for my next trip (don't know when it will be), even though we just got back in Nov. It feels like an eternity ago :sad2:. Just hoping I can make it back within the next year. WDWislife, I feel your pain, really I do!!!!!

This thread is sooo funny. My Dis-depression is cyclical. We usually go in the summer and maybe in the fall for a short visit. Around the holidays I boycott everything Disney so I don't get even more depressed. We talk about going somewhere else next year, blah, blah, blah....but then the new year brings talk of vacation again. In Feb I'm on the boards, by March I'm planning, booking and obsessing again. I Love all the ideas though...gonna get me that 4 park CD when we go this summer. :banana:

The post-Disney depression seems to affect me more than my wife and kids. The first thing I do when we get back is to write a diary of our trip based off of my memory. Of course, I forget a few things, but when I remember them I go back in and add them. That way, I am working on the diary for a couple of weeks.

The next thing I do is check out the pictures and video we took. I usually wait a couple of weeks after we get back before I look at the pictures.

I set a preliminary date for our next visit and make a list of everything we loved from the most recent visit, along with a list of things we missed. The date for our next visit may change, but at least it is a preliminary goal to start planning for.

And finally, I then get on the Dis Boards and share my most recent experiences with everyone. That seems to help. We still have 149 days until our next visit, but I'm starting to get excited!

i am so sorry to hear about your dis-pression (btw, i love that word!!) i always feel the same way when my trip is over. my mom was laughing at me coz i was crying at MCO at the end of our january trip! :sad1:
i think the best thing to do is start planning for your next trip! even if its two years away, you can start thinking about what your MUST DOS are. listening to disney music and seeing disney movies also helps! (cant wait till the princess and the frog comes out next week!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter