How do YOU deal with dis-depression?

wdwislife

DIS Veteran
Almost immediately after returning from my amazing 9 day trip to the world on February 20th I went into some kind of deep WDW withdrawal!
As much as I would love to go back in the near future, my family's plans most likely won't allow us to deviate from our bi-annual, only go to WDW every other year, schedule. This means I won't get to go back to the world until FEBRUARY 2012. :sad1: :sad2:
I've tried to work out times we could go before then, but to no avail. :guilty:

So, here's where all you other DISfreaks come in.
How do YOU combat WDW withdrawal depression and symptoms?
What do you do to give yourself that much needed dis-fix?
OR, better yet, how can I give my family the push they need to get us to go back sooner?
I'm open to any ideas! I'm a desperate WDW addict over here, who won't get to go home for far to long! :confused3

TIA!

For us...we joined DVC so we are always planning future trips which I really love to do! We save every type of WDW programming on our DVR and watch them regularly. I hop on the disboards at least 3 times a day and that keeps my spirits up! I look at pics of the resorts, parks and go on youtube constantly and watch videos of other people's trips, rides, etc!!

I told myself firmly that we were NOT going back until 2011. You can tell by my tickers how well that worked. :confused3

I deal with my post-Disney depression by getting my pics in order and doing a Trip Report. These can take a good month or so to do, so that keeps me Disney-immersed for a while and I enjoy reliving the trip through the report.

Reading other people's trip reports and living vicariously through them works, too.

After that, what can I say, I start planning my next trip. Even if I know it's going to be a ways away, I can still start researching hotels, dining options, hard-ticket parties, etc.

When our magical trip ends, we keep telling ourselves that we will do something besides Disney next year. When we stop lying to ourselves, usually about 3mo after returning, we start talking and planning again. There is no getting over the end of a Disney trip. Bad break ups as a teenager were more enjoyable than life without WDW.

First of all, be happy that your family wants to go back every 2nd year! I know that it sounds like a long time, but you'll see it's not that far away.
I'm in a WDW depression scince 1999!!! Can you imagine that?
But there is so much planning that you can do. I am planning since 6 month and I havn't finished yet. Look at all the resorts, the restaurants (maybe there's sth new for you),and all the pictures.Buy a new WDW guide - just for fun. Read Trip Reports. Study the weather (my favourite activity:lmao: ) and plan your itinerary a tousand times - maybe you can plan sth completely new - do it if it is a big challenge!

I'm so glad I am not the only one who suffers from Disney World depression. When I am feeling down about not being there I look back at pics, read different Disney forums, watch videos on Youtube and I recently started a Disney blog where I can write about my trips and stuff.

Bad break ups as a teenager were more enjoyable than life without WDW.

This made me lol! I agree 100%!

I watch the shows that talk about Disney, plan trips, and look at pictures (my personal favorite!). I haven't been able to get into reading other people's trip reports, but seeing someone's pictures of their child running up to Mickey gets me excited every time!

We book our next Disney trip almost straight away, even if that is 18 months or longer away. I can then set up mu online countdown clock, which seems to ease some the pain somewhat!

We got back at the end of January from a 3 week trip, we do try to go every 12 months or so, but this year we found the weather disappointing and we run our own business and when we got back everything was crazy changing over our seasonal displays and it was HARD work!!

So anyway we won't be going until probably October 2011, which also seems like an age away to me! I fill my depression with checking out the flight prices regularly, looking at the accomodation, studying the DIS to see how we can save money off things at WDW and the surrounding areas. Checking out the restaurants and where we would like to try next time, reading other peoples trip reports and also listing stuff to sell on ebay to get some extra spending money.

hmmm reading that back I actually do a lot to treat my WDW depression ;) better than drugs though huh! :lmao:

Listen to DIS Radio (thru the link here or go to www.live365.com) - it's free & has amazing Disney music! I just got back last Monday & by Wednesday I had booked airfare for October. It was the only thing that cured my depression!

I don't feel depressed after Disney but I do after my "real" summer vacation we take in July. Also, I tend to feel sad in the winter anyway.

What's helped me this year is putting my smaller trips in my sig. I've never done this before but it really helps when I come here and post every day. I love those trips and it's fun to see them get closer and closer. That also means our July vacation is getting closer and closer. :)

Any chance you could start planning you 2012 trip and, in the meantime, plan smaller trips or celebrations? You have a lot to look forward to and time does pass.

I start planning my next trip! I try to find something a little different to do each trip, so that I have something in mind to research. This next trip is with girlfriends, and they want to go to Universal, so I guess that will be my "new thing" for the trip!

Almost immediately after returning from my amazing 9 day trip to the world on February 20th I went into some kind of deep WDW withdrawal!
As much as I would love to go back in the near future, my family's plans most likely won't allow us to deviate from our bi-annual, only go to WDW every other year, schedule. This means I won't get to go back to the world until FEBRUARY 2012. :sad1: :sad2:
I've tried to work out times we could go before then, but to no avail. :guilty:

So, here's where all you other DISfreaks come in.
How do YOU combat WDW withdrawal depression and symptoms?
What do you do to give yourself that much needed dis-fix?
OR, better yet, how can I give my family the push they need to get us to go back sooner?
I'm open to any ideas! I'm a desperate WDW addict over here, who won't get to go home for far to long! :confused3

TIA!

Write a trip report, and for us.. we just go back every several months :goodvibes

After this Feb. trip Dh and I decided that we would go back Aug 2011. That sounded reasonable. But now that we are home that seems like a long time. Besides.....I am seeing cracks in his armor and I am hoping to convince him that a free dining (fingers crossed) Aug. this year would be reasonable as well.:rolleyes1. I shamelessly get the kids talking about what they would do when they are there. Which rides they are looking forward to, which characters they want to see. I know that is his weak spot.;) I am keeping an eye on rates, fishing for pins. Bargains are another weak spot.:rotfl:

When I am not trying to brainwash my DH :laughing:.... I listen to mouseworld radio. I listen to MK rope drop at 8 am and Illuminations at 8pm. I also am putting together a scrap book of the last trip. And of course I surf the DIS. :surfweb: I like to help others figure out their trip. My BFF just told me she is trying to convince her dh to take a trip next sept. :cool1: Another chance to talk about WDW:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Usually I stay away from the DIS boards for awhile, that usually helps. I also get excited in the planning of some weekend getaways to other places we like to go. It's a sad day to leave Disney, I love it there so much, I'm so lucky I get to go every year!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! Just got back from a trip in February that ended sadly (my father passed away while we were there). While the trip itself was wonderful, it just didn't end right which makes the dis-depression worse. I feel the need for a "do-over" trip. That's not in the cards for at least 6 to 9 months, but in the meantime I look at the boards here, listen to park music (bought that 4 parks CD ... it's awesome), watch disney movies, and offer to plan relative's trips.

Plan other things! Plan close by outings and mini-trips and make sure that you do things that you enjoy on a regular basis.

Your next trip won't come any faster but maybe you can make the time in between trips just a little more fun.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! Just got back from a trip in February that ended sadly (my father passed away while we were there). While the trip itself was wonderful, it just didn't end right which makes the dis-depression worse. I feel the need for a "do-over" trip. That's not in the cards for at least 6 to 9 months, but in the meantime I look at the boards here, listen to park music (bought that 4 parks CD ... it's awesome), watch disney movies, and offer to plan relative's trips.

My symphathy to you and your family. I can't imagine getting news like that when you're away from home. I didn't look to see if you live far from Disney, but my grandma died when I was on a day trip with my family (DD and DH) about three hours from home and I just wanted to turn the vehicle around and be back home in an instant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter