How do YOU deal with dis-depression?

My DH and I went for the first time to WDW last June and loved it! We were both so depressed coming home. So we figured out a way to book another trip almost right away (for May/June) and have been busy planning. We really need our fix (just can't wait 79 more days) so we are going to DL for 3 days next week! :banana:

I am just so glad my DH is as addicted as I am! He is already dreaming about DVC someday. :cloud9:

I love looking over our pictures and talking about the trip with the kids.

But for me it's not a big deal if the whole family doesn't want to go which happens to me all the time. DH is content with once every 3 years and DS said WDW is now boring and wants to go to US/IOA more. DD doesn't care, she'll go where the rest of us go. :rotfl:

I can do a solo trip to WDW when I get the craving. I did my first one last year and totally loved it. I'm planning another for later this year. I know alot of people don't like to even think about a trip alone, but I love it!

I sit in my chair rocking back and fourth and cry :( .... then come to disboards haha

No really i am glad i am not the only one who feels this pain! We got back in Dec and i want to so back soooooooooooooooo bad! So many days until my next trip tho :(

I'm in the same predicament as you wdwislife!
We've committed to going every two years since 2007 (before that we hadn't been in 12 years!). We really forgot how much we love Disney; but were immediately hooked again after our 2007 trip.
I did kind of avoid the Disboards for a while this past year; was just too depressed that we didn't have a trip planned.
I'm usually ok immediately following a trip, I work on the tons of pics we take, and create family video / picture shows on DVD with Disney music. We watch those for a while and it helps keep us happy with the memories.:cloud9:
Hang in there.:goodvibes

Come to the DISboards and help others by sharing what you know! Helping others always makes you feel better!

(Well, that, and I never end one trip without having another one planned - I just spent 10 days in January, going back for four in July, and 10 in September.)

Hi! found the Dis boards in 2008 before our trip that I had planned two years before. Got a lot of ideas. Went in june 2008 and had a blast. Stayed offsite for a week and then 2 nights at Beach Club. Lets say those 2 nights on site were a different experience for me. We did not even go to the parks. Last March got back on the Dis boards, and got a pin code. I couldn't sleep that night. Called hubby next day at work and booked Poly:) Then planned trip for awhile and seen Club level rooms for 40% off. Surprised hubby and kids with club level. Finally got to Disney and went inside room and immediately looked around room for bounceback offer. Was so excited:banana: Needless to say we just arrived:rotfl: and already I'm planning on the next one:banana: So all week I'm thinking of how to approach hubby to book the bounceback. The day we leave he says OK! So here we are with 2010 booked! Then we end up deciding to run in the Jan 2011 1/2 mararthon:banana: So now I get to plan a weekend getaway for just hubby and I. Hoping to convince him to go maybe next summer too!:thumbsup2

My Disney dry spells are a bit longer than yours. We have been averaging about once every 2-4 years. And that's just Disney in general...most of our Disney trips have been to Disney Land b/c it is closer for us. Trips to the world itself have been about once every 6-7 years on average. SAD!

How do I deal? Like most others I read TRs. But quite honestly, sometimes after reading TRs I become even more depressed. Like, while reading it, I get such a high, and after the report is over...I feel even worse.

Is this what it's like being an alchoholic?

This has been a hot topic on our house for the past month. January was our first trip to WDW, and we can't get it out of our heads. We laugh about our Disney Depression, but it's true. It's been fun to read the boards, look through the zillion "Picture A Day" threads, make lists of restaurants we want to try, where we might want to stay next, tours we want to take, etc. We'll be so educated this next time around, our heads will be spinning!

I'm really excited, and it'll give me an excuse to focus on disney!
Then when their trip is over I'll only be a year and a half out from mine--thats not TOO ridiculous to start heavy planning, right? :goodvibes

No way is that to early.. I am planning a trip (that I am hoping I get to take) for September/October 2012.. yeppp 2012 OHHH how will I make it.. LOL

We went for our first time last September and had a great trip.. Next trip is being planned for myself and my daughter.. (we are leaving the boys at home hehe).. I have been reading the boards again after being in hiding...

Same deal here, we have gone close to every year since I've been married. Husband isn't as big into the whole Disney experiece as I and the kids. We just purchased DVC and I made a deal w/my husband that we would go every other year also. My way of getting by from trip to trip is to google Disney, discussion boards, look at old vacation photos/movies, and watch my Disney planning videos over and over. Before you know it, it's time to book for your next trip.....Oh also, my work screensavers/backgrounds are all Disney property related. Yes, Im a junkie.

Lynette

Just wanted to update this thread to say that I've been doing much better with my DISpression lately!
I went through a period where tears would surface in my eyes every time I thought about how long I would have to wait until I drove under that wonderful "Walt Disney World" archway again.
Then, as I entered a new stage in my life, things got a bit more into perspective for me.
I'm still a complete DIS freak, I still come on these boards everyday, and I still can't stop thinking about my 2012 trip, but it stopped making me sad and started making me excited!
I see the glass as half full now--its only less than two years away! I'm lucky that I can rely on a regular WDW schedule at all!
Why be depressed when you can just look forward to the future?*

*(remind me I said all this in a few months when my life enters a lull again. my life has been pretty eventful lately, which distracts me from disney, and reminds me that I can have fun at this home too, not just my WDW home!)

I spend time making photo DVD's of our trip and scrapbooking our amazing pictures. I do take a few months leave of the DIS attractions board and focus more on the family board and budget board.

I come here and answer questions and read trip reports. I go thru all of our pictures, organize them and when I get time scrapbook them. I plan for our next trip (sorry I know this won't help you) even if its a year or more away.

I spend time making photo DVD's of our trip and scrapbooking our amazing pictures. I do take a few months leave of the DIS attractions board and focus more on the family board and budget board.

me too! scrapbooking seems to help! and i listen to live365.com. listening to illuminations soundtrack now. its so uplifting! no "Dispression" here - of course, i'm leaving in 31 days so... :):):)

We also visit the Disney stores to get a live feel for it! But mostly we do things to prepare for our next trip. We look over our next set of plans, lists of places to visit and sicuss where we will make ADR's for the next trip. disney doesn't end when you leave - it is a life style. It is a consciousness that theWe have been planning in great detil for our next trip. My wife even takes days off to get ADR reservations, flight reservations etc..:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter