• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you call for a Minnie Van ride?

I don't recall pricing being specified, but rather the service. Although it seems competitive with can rates. Similar to some others, I recall paying $20 for a taxi from DR to Po p. Ten years ago.

I thought I read theyre not all vans.
Minnie Vans service? The announcement I saw said all vans. Hence the name. Minnie Vans. Chevy's Traverse vans to be specific. Because of Disney's partnership with Chevy.

Has anybody heard any more on pricing? I'm sure when this was first rumoured, there was talk of a fixed cost for your whole stay?

6 passengers fit (plus driver) and they will have two car seats (per a report on the Dis). Catering to families (especially large ones) with young children, which is something Uber and cabs do not do well, at all.

6 passengers including the 2 car seats? Or 6 passengers plus 2 car seats? We'll have 5 adults and two little ones going in August so wondering if this is worth considering.

Any ETA on when this is supposed to roll out to more resorts?

6 passengers including the 2 car seats? Or 6 passengers plus 2 car seats? We'll have 5 adults and two little ones going in August so wondering if this is worth considering.

Traverse vans seat 6 plus a driver. So it's 6 total passengers

Yeah I got that bit I just wondered if there was any more information on the price for your whole stay I had previously heard about.
No, only price provide is the $20 per ride cost. Of course, yesterday is the first day and it's still just testing in a few resorts.

I've read that it's this week at BWI, BC and YC only. Going forward it's supposed to be other resorts. So I don't know if that means next week. We are staying at BWI next week and will be trying it out. There's one evening we have a dining reservation at GF and would take the Minnie Van there and also back if it's available at other resorts at that time. I'll report back how it goes next week!

Right now they are only available at BW, BC, and YC. It's $20 to go for a ride to anywhere on Disney property. We're staying at BWI next week and really want to ride in a Minnie Van! I'll report back if we're able to!!

Yesterday they were also seen at Wilderness Lodge. So I guess my question is ... so you stay at YC Test site and use it to go to Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Are you now stranded there to take a boat/but/taxi/uber because it's not a test site or can you get it to come get you to go back?

Seriously sounds like they need to roll it out fast or run into issues where a Minnie is sitting at a non-test hotel and guests there will begin to ask to get one.

We are usually fine with the Disney transportation already provided, but I can think of at least some scenarios where this might be worth the $20. Last December, we were staying at the Boardwalk and had dinner reservations at the Grand Floridian. Bus from Boardwalk to MK was fine. The monorail was down so the only option to GF was boat. Unfortunately, it was a party night at MK and we were caught in the great flux of people leaving MK and party goers arriving. Waited an hour and a half for the boat to GF. Luckily, we had been planning on exploring GF before dinner, so we ended up being on time. But waiting for the boat was the longest wait for a ride all trip.

Yesterday they were also seen at Wilderness Lodge. So I guess my question is ... so you stay at YC Test site and use it to go to Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Are you now stranded there to take a boat/but/taxi/uber because it's not a test site or can you get it to come get you to go back?

Seriously sounds like they need to roll it out fast or run into issues where a Minnie is sitting at a non-test hotel and guests there will begin to ask to get one.
Yeah, I thought about that too. Seems odd to roll it out to a couple resorts and then let those guests go to resorts that aren't testing it yet. Then what? Have the van return to the test resorts? I would assume they'd give the guest a way to contact them to get a ride back but then again, I learned a long time ago not to assume anything when it comes to Disney so....

I try to remember it's Day 2 and we've really not heard any first hand reports here. I've seen one on FB on the WL group but that's it. There the poster said the Van driver told them they could stop anywhere they wanted, as many stops as they wanted.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Seems odd to roll it out to a couple resorts and then let those guests go to resorts that aren't testing it yet. Then what? Have the van return to the test resorts? I would assume they'd give the guest a way to contact them to get a ride back but then again, I learned a long time ago not to assume anything when it comes to Disney so....

I try to remember it's Day 2 and we've really not heard any first hand reports here. I've seen one on FB on the WL group but that's it. There the poster said the Van driver told them they could stop anywhere they wanted, as many stops as they wanted.

And if they drop you off and just return to test site empty, that is money lost. But I also understand not wanting to order/paint a huge fleet to only have it flop and you have to throw some Disney security magnets on the side.

$20 per ride flat fee for anywhere on property. Compared with the Uber Rides we took from Boardwalk around the property in an Uber XL, that's roughly double the price of Uber.

$20 per ride flat fee for anywhere on property. Compared with the Uber Rides we took from Boardwalk around the property in an Uber XL, that's roughly double the price of Uber.
Surely you're not shocked? :p

This service is not necessarily more expensive than a cab. We paid a little over $20 plus tip for a cab ride from AKL to Beach Club.
I rarely use cabs, mostly when switching resorts. But if this was a less expensive option, similar to Uber I may consider using for some ADRs. Or DS where WDW transportation is notoriously awful.

After spending almost an hour waiting for not one, not two, but THREE buses after the close of Hollywood Studios in muggy 80 degree weather (In the polynesian line which shares a stop with Fort Wilderness) I would've happily forked over the $20.

I can also see Disney dialing back the buses a little...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter