• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you call for a Minnie Van ride?

Does someone know if I have to stay at one of the participating hotels or can I, let's say, exit Epcot via Int Gateway, go to the hotel and get the Minnie Van. Would also love to know if there are plans for other resorts. We stay OKW in august and I would use this service more than once, for example to visit TL or BB.

The price isn't that far out of line. Not if you compare the correct level of service. You can't compare Minnie Van to basic Lyft or Uber. Minnie Van isn't the same as those.
$20 is a bit more than UberXL or Lyft Plus but not a lot.
And when you add in including a Car Seat with Uber XL (Lyft Plus does not have this option), which is $5, you are closing the gap even more.
One report I read yesterday said that the Minnie Van has 2 car seats. I didn't get details on if it was 2 5 point harness seats, 1 plus a booster, or what. Or if all will have 2. But at least 1 had 2 seats, so that is better than Uber also. They will only have 1 seat.
And, if I understand it right, Minnie Van will only go on property, not off. So if you plan to go anywhere else you'll still need another option. But all in all, I think the Minnie Van is a great addition and much needed. And won't hurt the existing services at all.

Does someone know if I have to stay at one of the participating hotels or can I, let's say, exit Epcot via Int Gateway, go to the hotel and get the Minnie Van. Would also love to know if there are plans for other resorts. We stay OKW in august and I would use this service more than once, for example to visit TL or BB.
It's going to be for all resorts eventually. It's just starting out slowly

What stinks is, I'm guessing, is that the next step will be to bar Uber. So the $7 ride I took from BCV to the Contemporary a couple months ago will now be $20.

What stinks is, I'm guessing, is that the next step will be to bar Uber. So the $7 ride I took from BCV to the Contemporary a couple months ago will now be $20.
No, that's not going to happen. Again, Minnie Van is not replacing what Uber/Lyft do. It doesn't even go off site.

Yep, cute but I don't see us using it. I normally travel with my adult son, in the past we have just used Disney transportation to get around but we will be using Uber in August. We have an ADR at V&A and we don't want to bus to MK then boat to GF in August with my son wearing a jacket and most likely me in some sort of heel. He uses Uber all the time here at home so it's no big deal to him. I could see me possibly using it if I was on a solo trip and just didn't want to do the to the park transfer thing.

I can see us using this. We need two carseats and will be switching from ASMo to CR. It would be nice to avoid the bus and would allow us to keep our luggage. I hope it's fully rolled out by December.

Will regular Uber still be available to use if we want to get to a PPO?

If they have them "lined up" after ROE,for example,at Epcot-they will have no trouble filling them when Guests see their Resort bus line!lol

2 or 3 couples can go in together and split the $20.00 (plus tip I'm assuming will be allowed) and ride in the cute Minnie Van(much more Magical than uber!)!lol:)

Well it def won't be replacing lyft. I just heard that you book a ride through the lyft app so I guess disney has partnered with them for this service.

This service is not necessarily more expensive than a cab. We paid a little over $20 plus tip for a cab ride from AKL to Beach Club.

I'm going to try this out while I'm there next week.

Do you think I'm supposed to tip the driver?

Does anyone know if the carseats include a booster? My youngest is too big for a carseat but should be in a booster. Sometimes we take a taxi/Uber at WDW and have to go without a booster, so this would be better if there is one.

:( Well that's disappointing. I wonder why they'd do this. I had heard WDW was going to start transportation that would compete with Uber pricing. Guess I'll stick with the occasional cab.
I don't recall pricing being specified, but rather the service. Although it seems competitive with can rates. Similar to some others, I recall paying $20 for a taxi from DR to Po p. Ten years ago.
Same here. We won't use it either. No need for car seats and only 2 of us, 3 if DGD is with us. So no need for 6 seats
I thought I read theyre not all vans.

I'm going to try this out while I'm there next week.

Do you think I'm supposed to tip the driver?

Does anyone know if the carseats include a booster? My youngest is too big for a carseat but should be in a booster. Sometimes we take a taxi/Uber at WDW and have to go without a booster, so this would be better if there is one.
When they roll out the service all the details will be provided on how to use it. Those staying at the resorts with the testing will have the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter