How do you call for a Minnie Van ride?

Is this only from resort to resort? Or can you call one from Animal Kingdom to get back to Polynesian (when it's offered there)? We will have 5 adults, so this would be better than two Ubers. Actually I have no idea, does a mini-van fit 5 adults?

Such an interesting offering by Disney and related discussion on this thread. An overwhelmingly complicated service to provide with minimal information to date to help us actually understand the numerous nuances involved - typical Disney style!

Anyone hear of passengers calling for a van from the Contemporary TO the Boardwalk? That would be perfect for my trip next week.

The one thing folks have to remember, it's not officially launched yet. It's testing. And that started yesterday.
So people haven't heard much of anything official.
And to be fair Disney hasn't really started anything with minimal information yet. Since the service hasn't truly started yet, which is why they are giving free test rides

However, in typical DisBoard fashion members are clamoring to find out information on a service that is not really started when with just a bit of patience the info they are seeking would be forthcoming from Disney. Patience young padwans, as Yoda would say

The Minnie Vans (I don't remember what vehicle it is specifically) seat 6 passengers. I don't know what they will do with the car seats that are installed when a party of 6 adults would like to go somewhere. Perhaps they will have a few Minnie Vans with no car seats? It's all a mystery right now until they are more widely available.
It's the Chevy Traverse

The one thing folks have to remember, it's not officially launched yet. It's testing. And that started yesterday.
So people haven't heard much of anything official.
And to be fair Disney hasn't really started anything with minimal information yet. Since the service hasn't truly started yet, which is why they are giving free test rides

However, in typical DisBoard fashion members are clamoring to find out information on a service that is not really started when with just a bit of patience the info they are seeking would be forthcoming from Disney. Patience young padwans, as Yoda would say

I did kind of say that, although not so eloquently, in the part of my post you didn't quote or bold.

Sorry, I must have missed it. What I get for multi-tasking

:thumbsup2 FWIW, I agree with you.

Although I was a bit confused by the one website link above that says its a test now and launches officially late July. I do wish Disney would be a little more clear. If it's just a test, I'm all good with the limited info. But if it's for real and 'official' - announced at D23, about the go live in a week - as a customer who would likely gladly pay for this, I'm craving more info. (I know, be patient....)

This blog review of the Minnie Van answers several questions brought up here. The MV can take guests directly to MK (bus stop 11), HDDR, and to the specific building within the larger (AoA, CSR, etc) resorts not just the main lobby building. CMs cannot accept tips. Car seats are stored in the 'trunk', and CMs have been trained in how to install them when they are needed. They look to me like the new "all ages" seats that can work from newborn to booster seat. It's a really nice and informative review!
http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/review-video-disneys-minnie-van-uber-like-service/

The standard of always having the same 2 type of car seats will be helpful. Makes it easy for installing.
Clears up questions about luggage. Their not going to have much room unless you have just a couple of riders.
Also clears up vehicle questions, at least for me. I'm seeing nothing anywhere to indicate it's anything but the Traverse. Which someone has told me is NOT a minivan, but sure looks like one to me. But what do I know about cars. But seriously, if this is not a minivan, what is it?
Going to MK instead of TTC is a very nice feature. Uber/Lyft can pick up at individual buildings at all resorts except for CSR so there they are the same. Drop off with you in the car they can go anywhere

I assumed they would install seats with the integrated car seats. Doesn't seem very efficient to be moving car seats around all the time.

I assumed they would install seats with the integrated car seats. Doesn't seem very efficient to be moving car seats around all the time.
It's possible they do keep them installed all of the time and only moved them to the trunk for a photo opportunity. Until these are up and running Disney-wide, a lot of questions remain. I'm excited to learn more details!

I read through this whole thing and most things I'm reading are complaints about the ride being $20 and how you'll still use uber/Lyft or whatever service.

Did you think that maybe Disney is being concerned about the safety of their guests? Could you IMAGINE the lawsuit if a family with children entered an uber/lyft car and the driver didn't have car seats, or car insurance, or an expired driver's license and got in an accident? What if the driver got in an accident and injured or even killed a passenger? Maybe Disney is trying to avoid something like that happening especially on their property! If that happens with a Disney driver, yes huge lawsuit but it will be Disney's legal team taking the case not a random defense attorney (or public defender) representing the driver.

I mean $20 where I live is nothing for a ride. You pay double that for a taxi going from Central Park to Times Square in NYC so I don't really see the issue with a $20 ride at Disney.

Disney can have my $20 for the van ride. I trust Disney that those drivers will be licensed, vehicles inspected each year, and valid car insurance.

This blog has pictures of the car seats. Looks to be both are the same model, 5-point harnesses and looks to be one that can be installed either forward or rear-facing, though I can't tell if it's a model that can also be converted into a booster. Last I knew FL car seat requirements were more lax about boosters for school-age kids, so that may not be something they provide. The pictures also show the cargo space, which is taken up entirely by the car seats. Of course, if you need to use the car seats that would free up the cargo space.

http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/review-video-disneys-minnie-van-uber-like-service/

From what I can tell, integrated car seats are designed for older children. At least, the pictures I can find using a quick Google search show children forward facing. Children under 2 need to be rear-facing, and it seems as though the seats provided in these vans can be installed either way.

It's possible they do keep them installed all of the time and only moved them to the trunk for a photo opportunity. Until these are up and running Disney-wide, a lot of questions remain. I'm excited to learn more details!
No way do they want to have 2 seats taken by car seats 100% of the time. Not everyone at Disney has kids in car seats. They aren't going to want to limit their customers to only kids needing car seats or to eliminate 3 of the seats in the from being used by anyone but kids in car seats. They have to be able to be removed and installed only when needed to make the service usable by all.

This will be of value to my wife and I..... but not to everyone.

1) We're not going to use UBER. We have our reasons.
2) Regular MEARS taxi from our home resort (WL) to GF, or Contemporary, is about $10 with solid tip.... not using a MinnieVan.
3) Trips to dinner at the Swan/Dolphin? MinnieVan wins.
4) We now have an escape mechanism when everything connected with Buss/Monorail just breaks down. Traffic? Who cares: this is FLAT rate.

We will use this - for longer trips, and emergencies.

I don't use Uber either. I use Lyft instead. I used it in Orlando my last solo trip and was very happy with the service.

Off property option is Uber/Lyft
A polite, resounding, "no thank you". Count me as another Lyft/Uber hater. ;) So if we had to use the Lyft app to book a Minnie Van, it sure isn't happening for our family.

Ahh... for that you need Peg Leg Pete's Prius' for all your adult beverage needs. :)
A Prius? That's even worse.

I didn't realize that the gift shops sell alcohol. My DH just says we will buy duty-free and jam it in our carry-on, so now I have solved the problem! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter