How do you call for a Minnie Van ride?

$20 per ride. So more $$ than Uber or a taxi.
:( Well that's disappointing. I wonder why they'd do this. I had heard WDW was going to start transportation that would compete with Uber pricing. Guess I'll stick with the occasional cab.

:( Well that's disappointing. I wonder why they'd do this. I had heard WDW was going to start transportation that would compete with Uber pricing. Guess I'll stick with the occasional cab.
6 passengers fit (plus driver) and they will have two car seats (per a report on the Dis). Catering to families (especially large ones) with young children, which is something Uber and cabs do not do well, at all.

6 passengers fit (plus driver) and they will have two car seats (per a report on the Dis). Catering to families (especially large ones) with young children, which is something Uber and cabs do not do well, at all.
I've had taxi vans. They cost the same as regular taxi. Between myself and 2 adult daughters let's just say we don't travel light :rolleyes1 and switching resorts for split stays we need the extra luggage space!!

Yep. This is how we'll get to our 7:40am breakfast at Trattoria al Forno if we end up keeping it because of the one year old.... plus there's 5 in our party. It's expensive, but it's perfect for the types of parties you've mentioned above.

Also some people are afraid of using cabs and Ubers and might feel more comfortable with these. (Not me, but based on what I've read elsewhere.)
This! I don't normally use cabs....my girl friend does. She's a city dweller and uses cabs and public transit all the time. I use my car! So, when we travel together, it's not an issue using a cab or uber. But, if I'm traveling on my own, or with another country mouse, being able to use Disney transportation is a plus. Yes, it will cost more than uber, in many cases. But, it's Disney owned and run, with Disney employees. There's a certain amount of trust there. And that will make a lot of people, women especially, very comfortable moving about the entire resort.
Disney charges more simply because they can. The same as their hotel rooms. A deluxe resort room at Disney is comparable to a moderately priced hotel room anywhere else in the world. A value resort room is the same as a Motel 6, pretty much. But, we pay Disney's going rate because we are at Disney!!! Plain and simple. So, Disney now has a fleet of very cute cars, driven by Disney CMs vs using uber, in cars that are not always all that great and driven by who knows who....in their personal car. Disney has to maintain a fleet, the uber driver has to maintain just his/her own car.
I have to wonder how tipping is being handled. I know that when Disney has offered us transport in one of their white company vehicles, we tend to tip the driver since we aren't paying for the ride..it was complimentary. But, if I'm paying $20, do I tip the driver? Are they the same as bus drivers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter