Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

Many years ago I slipped on the wet seat getting into the Splash Mountain ride. Wrenched my arm and got a huge bruise on both my arm and leg.

I've also had bruises diagonally across my chest from the harness on the end seats on test track. I don't think they have that type of harness anymore - or maybe they do and I haven't sat on the end in a long time.

Now I'm really careful getting in and out of any attraction ride vehicle which annoys my family because that means being slow and they are always in such a hurry.

I've also tripped and fallen over curbs near the Hub in the Magic Kingdom - 2 times so far and the 3rd time I was pushed from behind because someone thought I was going too slow.
The first time I just had a scraped knee but the 2nd time I sprained my ankle too. The 3rd time I twisted my ankle, scraped up my knee and palm of my hand. Now I carry a wrap bandage just in case.

I stopped riding Space Mountain because every time I come off of it I feel like I was in a car accident!

When Islands of Adventure first opened my sister and I rode the Dudley Do Right Rip Saw falls. When we were shot out of the water cannon part She threw her back and I leaned forward and my teeth jammed into the back of her head. Ouch!:headache:

When riding EE, my youngest (6) had her arms up, and said the Yeti grabbed her hand. Thankfully the Yeti let go and didn't yank yer out of the ride :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I got my upper arm wedged in between the side of the ride car and the over-the-shoulder restraint on RnRC once and it left a big aching bruise for about a week. It was mostly my own fault though.

Also, once I was on BTMRR and it stopped on the second lift hill and we had to be evacuated. I sprained my ankle trying to climb down from the ride car, thankfully it was the last day of that trip so I didn't have to walk on it much.

My daughter fell out of the golf cart at FWCG about 4 years ago. I had to take her to the hospital to set it. She loves telling that story to everyone!

When riding EE, my youngest (6) had her arms up, and said the Yeti grabbed her hand. Thankfully the Yeti let go and didn't yank yer out of the ride :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:
My DD12 is still convinced that she actually got hit by a frying pan during the Aladdin scene of Philharmagic!! Goob.

At IOA, the Mummy ride does that same nearly-stop-then-jerk move as EE, only way worse. First ride, was wearing a hair barrette and got my head slammed into the headrest so hard that it poked holes in my scalp. Ow, and ick. Thought I was ready for it next trip, but still got whipped hard enough to break my (different style) hair clip. Now I make sure to literally let my hair down for that ride! (Otherwise, I LOVE it!!)

I got food poisoning from Hollywood Brown Derby. Does that count? :sad2:

No way!? For sure? That was the best meal I've ever had in my life. I always think I have food poisoning and then it ends up having been a gluten killer session for over a day in the restroom. Thankfully, Brown Derby had awesome GF offerings and I never did get sick. Did anyone else try what you had and get sick? I've had food poisoning before, it was definitely not pretty. This is the last place I would expect it!

Yes! It happened five weeks ago and I'm still in pain. I was riding BTMRR with my son and we had our hands up in the air. We came flying around a corner and my rib knocked into the side of the train. I think we were sitting in a handicap accessible train because it had a big white block inside that the other seats didn't have.

Not sure if I broke or bruised a rib but it really, really hurt. It's gotten a lot better but I still feel pain every day! The first two weeks were brutal.

Good thing it happened on the last day of vacation.

This is my most uncomfortable ride at any of the Disney parks (or even Universal for that matter) I have jarred my back several times with the herky jerky twists on the ride.

I stopped riding Space Mountain because every time I come off of it I feel like I was in a car accident!

he:

Same here. The last 3 or 4 times I've ridden SM it's been uncomfortable. The very last time I bumped by knee against the car during the ride and it was sore for a few hours. Reluctantly, I've had to place it on the "never again" list.

Space Mountain at DW in California, however, is still a good, but not great, ride.

The Slush Gusher slide at Blizzard Beach - I caught serious air on the first "dip" and, not knowing that air time was even a possibility on the slide kind of freaked out and came down square on my side...in trying to roll myself back on my back I grazed the side with my leg and got a nasty scrape. One of those suckers that oozes for a day or two.

I hate that freaking slide.

I haven't been 'injured' per se, but I have had some uncomfortable experiences on attractions, and both were my fault :rolleyes1

The first time was on Space Mountain; I had slide on shoes that were sliding around during the ride, and since I couldn't see what was going on, I just tried to keep the shoes on, which resulted in a rather bad foot cramp that I had to deal with the entire ride.

The second time was on Stitch's Great Escape. When Stitch 'escapes' and spits at the crowd, he got me right in the face, and by instinct my arm reflexed and I whacked my hand on the shoulder restraint and hit a nerve, so my hand was pretty numb for the rest of the evening.

We all need to start wearing helmets and big padded suits!! :rotfl2:

My husband says this about me! :rotfl:

One of the first rides we did this last Jan was BTMRR. Our DS whacked his head on the ride (not sure how it happened, he was ridding with DH). Wouldn't go on anything wilder than Barnstormer after that. Though he did get to ride Barnstormer many times in a row - quite a few without even having to get out of the ride!

On the same trip DD and I rode BTMRR so many times I came home with bruises on the front of my thighs from the lap bar and the back of my thighs from the edge of the seat. Every morning we did MK we rode BTMRR over and over until the standby line was too long. I couldn't even tell you how many times we rode! Of course I was having so much fun at the time I didn't realize how bruised up I was until DH asked me who was beating me up at Disney.

Back long ago when River country was open..
and they just kept pushing people down one after the other without checking if the area at the bottom of the hill was cleared out yet...
I don't remember who went first but I was about 13 and my dad and I went down that tube slide one after the other. One of us was at the bottom of the hill, the other went down the hill backwards and smacked the back of our heads into each other. That was painful.

Same trip, my friend was with us, and before they had lights in the caves on Tom Sawyer Island, she ran into a wall and bumped her head.

two other instances I witnessed but did not know the people.

When I was young we were in line for Peter Pan and a little boy fell and his hand was stuck in that moving walkway by the end where its all pointed. They had to call an ambulance.

Another trip DH & I were walking around Epcot by Morocco and an older lady was walking and it had been raining. Slipped and fell on the concrete and was knocked out for a bit.

I always get a shooting headache if I ride RnR more than twice in a row. After riding Primeval Whirl I always feel like I have been in a minor car accident with a sore neck/back. Nothing serious though.

Do you have high blood pressure by any chance? You don't have to answer b ut those spinning or looping rides sometime raise blood pressure esp if one is already on the above normal range of BP.

I always manage to slam my head from side to side on RnRC, which makes my ears red and bothersome for a few hours.

A few years ago we went to TL. I woke up the next morning with pink eye. We were traveling home that day, so when we got home, I went to urgent care for a prescription. The doctor actually asked me if I had been in a public pool or water park recently, and attributed my pink eye to that. He said it's pretty common and evidently, it's a breeding ground. No way to know for sure of course ;)

I learned the hard way to keep my head solidly back against the headrest for RnR. Those "catapult launches" can snap your neck back something fierce. Zero to 60 MPH in just a few seconds is tough to handle if you're not prepared for it, so keep your head back against the headrest!!

Got hit by a firework casing during Illuminations. Ended up with a burn and cut.

When I was younger we were standing near an area where the fireworks for Illuninations must have been shot from because I got a face full of ash and debris. Spent the rest of the evening getting my eyes washed at the first aide station. Between that and being burned from falling firework debris at a [non Disney] July 4th show, I refuse to go near fireworks.

I learned the hard way to keep my head solidly back against the headrest for RnR. Those "catapult launches" can snap your neck back something fierce. Zero to 60 MPH in just a few seconds is tough to handle if you're not prepared for it, so keep your head back against the headrest!!

My kids rode RnR for the first time last year- and that's exactly what I told them to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter