Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

My friends DS was knocked over and dragged by a big wave in TL... He took a layer of skin off half of his back.

He dealt with it amazingly well, but it looked agonising - a good chunk of it was bleeding too. The first aiders said it happened very, very often!!

Last year, at DL, my son (3) was so excited to go on the Mater ride, so when he saw the entrance he ran to get into it. ( I DO warn them not to run!!) The problem was, he went the wrong way and was horse collared by a chain going across the other side of the line. You couldn't see it, it blended in with the chains along the other lines. It was scary- he ran right into it, right across his throat-then he fell backward and knocked his head on the ground. I ran over and picked him up. The CM was right there asking if he could help, did we need first aid, etc....

Ah the evil mater ride.

Now they have padding on the sides of the vehicles. Before, they didn't. My son was one of the statistics used to get that padding put in. He had ridden once and thought he knew how to brace himself. Rode with DH on DH's first time on it, they braced wrong and DS hit the side of the seating. Hit his cheek so hard that the nurses at First Aid were checking to see if it had broken. Nasty nasty hit. Don't think the ride designers really had a child's height in mind when they didn't put in padding!

Not through the fault of Disney but my DD got her head bumped on BTMR when she met my camera lens a few years ago as the train veered toward a turn. I was punished by excessive doses of guilt :guilty:

When she was little she also lurched forward in anticipation of the big drop on Splash Mountain and bumped her nose against the safety bar. No serious injury but she wasn't happy. Again, not through anything that Disney should or should not have done.

A few weeks ago I was riding EE and I had my arms up too high and one the big drop and turn my left shoulder almost popped out(felt like it atleast) was only slightly sore for a day or so.

Got hit by a firework casing during Illuminations. Ended up with a burn and cut.

Wow ... really? I've been wondering about that (falling debris from Disney firework shows) since last night.

We were watching the Star Wars fireworks show at night and my 7 year old all of the sudden started crying because something got in her eye, there were no people around us and she was up in my shoulders.

My guess was that a little piece of paper from the exploded fireworks got in her eye, checked her on the side and the pain was on and off. When the show was over it's the first time I notice debris/little papers flying down after a fireworks show at Disney.

In the wavepool at Typhoon Lagoon. DS fell from the wave and some lady fell on top of him. He scrapped up his knee pretty bad but he made it through ok. I think he was about 8 yrs at the time.

I have a couple minor ones. On the Teacups, my friend, who has kinda sharp fingernails, grabbed the wheel just as I did and scraped the top of my finger, where the skin meets the nail, peeling it back a bit. It bled profusely and I didn't want to walk all the way to the front for first aid, so I just paper-towelled it and held it. It did hirt for a while.

Most recently, on BTMRR with a, I guess we say Pooh sized here, friend of mine. One corner whipped him into me. 300 pounds plus compressing my rib-cage from the side. No real injury, but sore for a while.

Last edited:
Add me too the list of tall people who got bruised knees from POTC. Not a huge deal at all and I'm not upset about it, but caught me off guard. I just really prefer the old boats and less jerky nature. I don't think I'll be keeping this as a must do anymore.

I haven't but DD once fell getting onto Buzz and cracked her forehead. She had a good sized goose egg after that (and a trip to the ER to rule out a concussion). On a completely random note the week before I left for our trip last October I admitted a woman to our rehab unit for a fractured tibia, femur, and hip... she fell getting out of an IASW boat and spent a week in the Celebration hospital before being transferred to a facility here.

I rarely, if ever, ride BTMRR anymore because every time I have in the past, I've gotten bruises all over my shoulders and knees from getting knocked around in the seat.

The first time I rode RnRC, I got a pretty bad headache and sore neck, but I've ridden it 3 or 4 times since then and have come away unscathed.

We took my 4 year old daughter on Expedition everest. She wanted to go and she is very tall for her age so we decided it would be ok. At the very end of the ride after the ride has come to its first stop it starts back up slowly to pull into the station and then it suddenly stopped again with a very sudden jerk. All three of us were kind of slammed into the safety bar. My daughter not having the strength to stop the momentum forward kind of had her belly hit hard.

When we got off the ride she said the yetti got her and she dropped to the floor (did not pass out). So frightening to not know what was wrong. I picked her up and ran outside with her ready to go to get her to a doctor. She was better by the time I got her outside and seated. I guess it just really upset her stomach that sudden jerking stop.

I would say be aware of very young children especially at the end of the ride when you very least expect the ride to propel you forward when it stops and goes.

We were very careful the entire ride holding on to her and keeping her as safe as we could from unexpected problems but let our guard down at the end. I do not think I will let her ride that again until she is older. We are going back this year and she will be 5 and 1/2 and we will skip that ride most likely.

I always get a shooting headache if I ride RnR more than twice in a row. After riding Primeval Whirl I always feel like I have been in a minor car accident with a sore neck/back. Nothing serious though.

I haven't but DD once fell getting onto Buzz and cracked her forehead. She had a good sized goose egg after that (and a trip to the ER to rule out a concussion). On a completely random note the week before I left for our trip last October I admitted a woman to our rehab unit for a fractured tibia, femur, and hip... she fell getting out of an IASW boat and spent a week in the Celebration hospital before being transferred to a facility here.

Oh My! That is horrible. Both.. but especially the woman!

My son was bitten by a water moccasin at the Caribbean Beach Resort back in 2009. Spent the first 3 days of our vacation in the ICU. :scared1:

No injury to note but kind of a funny story. One morning before our first day in magic kingdom my dh cut himself shaving. No biggie right? Slap a bandaide on and away we go. Well that darn thing bled through TWO bandaides and kept bleeding on the bus the whole way there, all through the morning welcome show to the point where he had to go to first aide! I mean we aren't talking gushing blood, but just enough to be drippy and annoying lol. I teased him about that the rest of the day and he still gets teased every time he cuts himself! Lol

My son was bitten by a water moccasin at the Caribbean Beach Resort back in 2009. Spent the first 3 days of our vacation in the ICU. :scared1:

This is my worst nightmare.

I had a huge bruise on my lower back after the safari truck ride. This was back in 2012 when they used to drive fast at the end. We were in the last row and my whole body flew up in the air and then slammed back down. The next day I bent over to pack and my husband saw the huge bruise along my lower back. It looked worse than it was.
The add insult to injury part was we had posted a picture from the ride and one of my friends commented about an hour later that the back was really bumpy and to be careful. LOL.

We took my 4 year old daughter on Expedition everest. She wanted to go and she is very tall for her age so we decided it would be ok. At the very end of the ride after the ride has come to its first stop it starts back up slowly to pull into the station and then it suddenly stopped again with a very sudden jerk. All three of us were kind of slammed into the safety bar. My daughter not having the strength to stop the momentum forward kind of had her belly hit hard.

When we got off the ride she said the yetti got her and she dropped to the floor (did not pass out). So frightening to not know what was wrong. I picked her up and ran outside with her ready to go to get her to a doctor. She was better by the time I got her outside and seated. I guess it just really upset her stomach that sudden jerking stop.

I would say be aware of very young children especially at the end of the ride when you very least expect the ride to propel you forward when it stops and goes.

We were very careful the entire ride holding on to her and keeping her as safe as we could from unexpected problems but let our guard down at the end. I do not think I will let her ride that again until she is older. We are going back this year and she will be 5 and 1/2 and we will skip that ride most likely.

The stop on Everest is the worst! I have back issues (of course I shouldn't be riding at all but that's between me and my ortho), and I like Everest because it is generally very smooth...until that hard stop. I know to brace myself now, but I can definitely see it taking people off guard.

I find the constant whipping of the dinosaur ride to be brutal on my back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter