Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been reading the mix in time is crazy...should we wait or brave it? We are staying in the Disneyland Hotel so we aren’t coming in Harbor side. We don’t want it miss anything but I’m seeing crazy lines at 2 and wondering if we should wait until 2:30 or 3:00 or later?
I'd enter and start working my way back away from the entrance and BVS. If the line for wristbands at the entrance isn't bad, go ahead and take care of that right away. If the line is super long, just head back to the Blue Sky Cellar and take care of things there. Start using MP as soon as you activate your ticket. Use those early party entry hours to have fun and get in the party spirit. We usually make sure to get a real meal (focus on protein to balance all the sweets you'll get later) so that we don't have to spend party time starving and looking for food. Study the party map during your meal so that you'll have a good feel for where everything is located.

I can’t find the post about it. For the haunted mansion ghosts and the bride, do they only come out on weekend nights? I’m going Monday and staying all day so I’m trying to find things to do throughout the day.
Please report back if the hitch hiking ghosts are out for photo ops. We will be there Wednesday and would like to do this if it's still going on.

Can someone tell me where the AP treat trail is? I want to check this out when we go to the party.

Please report back if the hitch hiking ghosts are out for photo ops. We will be there Wednesday and would like to do this if it's still going on.

If you're there only Wednesday you'll probably be out of luck. Friday to Monday only. Hitchhiking Ghosts were only out Satuday and Sunday while I was there.

If you're there only Wednesday you'll probably be out of luck. Friday to Monday only. Hitchhiking Ghosts were only out Satuday and Sunday while I was there.
I will be there Wed-Sat so, it sounds like I may get to meet them:o

I'd enter and start working my way back away from the entrance and BVS. If the line for wristbands at the entrance isn't bad, go ahead and take care of that right away. If the line is super long, just head back to the Blue Sky Cellar and take care of things there. Start using MP as soon as you activate your ticket. Use those early party entry hours to have fun and get in the party spirit. We usually make sure to get a real meal (focus on protein to balance all the sweets you'll get later) so that we don't have to spend party time starving and looking for food. Study the party map during your meal so that you'll have a good feel for where everything is located.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi all - We are going to the party this upcoming Sunday the 20th. It's our first time at DLR. I plan on being at DCA from EMH at 7 till end of party - it's ok we always do parks like this. So I'm feeling a bit lost as far as a plan for the party. I tried searching the 92 pages here for a map - is there one? How do you go about a game plan? We will probably hit most of the rides during the day so my party plan will be just party type stuff.

Thanks

We remind people often here that, unlike its FL counterpart, USH is first and foremost a working studio, and the theme park takes second place. The disadvantage there is, obviously, that the theme park isn't as impressive as many people expect it to be. The advantage is that sometimes you can see/meet some very interesting people/celebrities while you are visiting. The last time we were there, we met Whoopi Goldberg while she was shopping in City Walk. And sometimes you'll catch a glimpse of movies or shows filming, but it may re-route the tour.

They’re actively trying to buy up land to expand... but that basically means the golf course below the lower lot. They’ve put a couple offers in and I’ve heard it’s gone from absolute “no” to some back and forth talking... which makes it sound like Universal is heading in the right direction with the amount of money needed for it. They’re also trying to buy out private properties in the area so they have voting power to fight against anyone trying to block the studio from expanding closer to residential areas. I think their plan would be to relocate the sound stages further down where the golf course is now so they could centralized the theme park and use the sound stages as a sound barrier... this is probably years and years down the road though. The course is still a favorite of LA elite, and apparently the Chinese.

Hi all - We are going to the party this upcoming Sunday the 20th. It's our first time at DLR. I plan on being at DCA from EMH at 7 till end of party - it's ok we always do parks like this. So I'm feeling a bit lost as far as a plan for the party. I tried searching the 92 pages here for a map - is there one? How do you go about a game plan? We will probably hit most of the rides during the day so my party plan will be just party type stuff.

Thanks
Use your time in DCA during the day to get a good feel for the park layout and geography. That way, when you are navigating the party in the dark, you won't be disoriented and constantly looking at the map. Read through the party reviews, especially the more recent ones, in this thread. Decide what your priorities are, e.g. M&Gs, rides, WOC, parade, TOT trails, shopping, etc. It isn't possible to do everything at one party, so make your list of priorities, then divide and conquer! The early entry hours will be the most crowded (always are at every party!), so be prepared for that with stacked FPs or a meal reservation and plenty of patience and flexibility. And don't forget to have fun! We've seen families so intent on "getting it all done" (which is impossible -- Disney makes sure of that!), that they just look exhausted and frazzled -- which totally misses the point of the party.

Hi all. We went to the party last night 10/13 and I’m trying to think if I have anything else to add advice wise.

Our priorities were some immersive trick or treat lines, a couple of specific characters and rides.! Family had no interest in parade or Villanous ... or so they said.

Check in at Blue Sky was a well oiled machine. We went in around 4:30 and then ate dinner at Flo’s during the crazy mix in time.

15 minutes prior to the parade, kiddo says he wants to watch it, so we find okay seats ... he and some other kiddos moved up into a group so they could sit down and see, as several adults in the front row were standing. Not a problem ... we were “late” to a spot but it was interesting to watch parade etiquette.

Saw prince John and Sherrif of Nottingham which was awesome. Kiddo very excited to see frozone and Oogie boogie. He got a pin and was thrilled.

I will say this was our first time time on guardians monsters after dark and we aren’t really fans. I wanted to like it, but the music was not fun and upbeat like the daytime version. And is it just one set of scenes? We rode twice thinking something would change but it was exact. So that was a bit of a letdown.

But we had fun, totally wore out. Didn’t do the Grove because the line was bonkers!

Happy to answer any specific questions if anyone has any.

We had such a good weekend... but holy crow the crowds! We’ve been this weekend multiple times, and this was the worst yet. Party night, was Thursday, already wrote about it, but thank goodness for that party... we got so many rides checked off, so we didn’t have to worry about doing much more in DCA... we did go back and try to get on Monsters Inc... never made it... every time we tried it was shut. We did do Philharmagic, which was cute. And got a max pass for Incredicoaster... so we rode it in the daytime too. Also made it on symphony swings, one of dd’s faves!

Over at DL we ended up doing 2 partial days... Saturday I worked on stacking max passes, we had a F! lunch at BB... I was a little salty that they offered the Louisiana lemonade, and then told us, after we got them, we would be charged for the glow cubes. Food was really good (as per usual), and I tried the Maleficent dessert... which came with another glow cube (so I have 3 plain cubes now!) The dessert was awful, some sort of green gel hiding a dome of white blah something... the cotton candy on it was tasty tho.

We did fireworks from over by small world, because dd was all done with crowds, got there early, sat against a rail, it was good. Then made our way to ROA for 10:30 F! Front and center, pixie dusted our cushions to our neighbors who loaned dd a sweater to put over her legs (they were local and didn’t have cushions, and I didn’t want to haul them home.)

We finally did the new Star Wars ride after F! With about a 20 minute wait... wow... we loved it! We were both engineers and still had a blast!

Rancho del zocolo ran out of the frozen hot chocolate... so that was a bummer. I borrowed a knife from a restaurant to hack a Malificent candy apple so we could eat it (the purple sugar is hard!). We had coco cake and a coco churro in DCA... but you know how much you plan on trying all the treats, you just can’t make it happen! We did get a Slow Burn slushee from Bing Bongs, dill pickle popcorn, a Mickey pretzel... oh! And bao! In the tropical hideaway! Wow I love that spot!

Our feet are sore, we didn’t have enough time, but with the crowds, I don’t think we could have done another day either. We will be back in March and that will be wild because it will all just be regular... no holiday theming.

just wanted to post a quick party recap.

We went in right at 6pm through main DCA entrance. no way at all!! Did all treat trails but one. kids did some rides. Ride wait times kept going down. I think RSR was 60 min at 6:30pm and by 7:30 it was at 30 min. All other rides were less than 20 min each time I checked. DD loved he descendants dance thing. One of the treat trails was running out of any by around 9pm. Also all treat trails were very quick no lines at all.

Overall as a first time party goer we liked it. Just think It needs something more. Would probably sill go again at DCA. If moved to DL would 100% go to compare.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but for party goers on the 20th, the WOC and parade schedule is different than all the other parties. DL.com has two parade/HH times listed for that night.

Parade: 7:40 and 9:40
HH: 7:30 and 9:30
Villainous: 8:30 and 10:45

Anyone have any costume photos to share?

Here's my crew:
IMG-0182.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter