Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, as someone who already has tickets I'm not a fan of this announcement. Deciding to up the capacity at this point? Boo.
Yeah, I can definitely understand why you'd feel that way. And having been to a party, while it didn't feel overcrowded at all; it didn't feel empty, either.

But someone's going to get the extra tickets, so it may as well be DIS-ers. :-)

OP specifically says to CALL. It sounds like in the past its also been the case that the ticket phone line has a different allocation and gets extra tickets on occasion whereas online is once they're gone they're gone.
oh derrrrr

OP specifically says to CALL. It sounds like in the past its also been the case that the ticket phone line has a different allocation and gets extra tickets on occasion whereas online is once they're gone they're gone.
Yes, they’re only on the ticket line.

My friend just texted me that she got four tickets for the 24th, so they still have some!

Ugh never mind. DisBoards wasn’t showing the other posts on my phone

Last edited:
I wonder why the 20th is not available.. That's the day we'll be going to the party, so it kind of makes me nervous!

Good morning... quickie report while the teen is showering.

OBB on Thursday was fabulous! As others have said the mix in time sucks. We got in the party at 4, and only managed to ride the carousel. Full disclosure we act like APs and don’t get in line if it says more than 20 minute wait.

We got dill pickle popcorn and a doc’s tonic, and a little later had lucky fortune (mobile order) and basically waited till 6 pm. Then we hit treat trails... started at the bakery, went over to Carsland, roamed around... ended up riding MAD 3x that night, Soarin, Incredicoaster x2, Goofy’s Sky School, Emotional Whirlwind, and every ride in Carsland.. RSRx2... all with no wait or wait for one round...

We did all the treat trails, watched the headless horseman go by and decided to see if we could do Villian’s Grove then... but Soarin was a freaking walk on... center, center folks! So yeah... did that.

Got spots for WOC and then a family decided they needed to be in front of us (we had our backs to a rail half way up)... watched a few minutes, couldn’t see the bottoms of any of the projections and said we were out of there... that is when we did incredicoaster instead. BTW we love regular WOC and I usually pay for dessert seating...

Immersive treat trails were amazing! Had a great interaction with both the Hatter and the Evil Queen (I got chewed out for calling her ma’am!)

Made it to Villian’s Grove with no wait just before WOC II... wowowowowow... we loved it... no wait, so we could go slow. Then we tried to hit descandance but it was just the DJ... still cute. Monster’s Inc was closed... So we rode MAD 2x before the park shut.

We have about 10 lbs of candy, with just one of us gathering. And had a great time!

Extra note if you are still reading... we did HHN last night (and the park yesterday)... loved it, well the park is lame compared to Orlando. But HHN was a blast. The fires are close to that park, can see them from the escalators. We didn’t realize till we got back to Anaheim, we both reeked of wildfire smoke, so if you have asthma... be warned. Hoping the wind isn’t blowing the smoke down here.

... we did HHN last night (and the park yesterday)... loved it, well the park is lame compared to Orlando...
We remind people often here that, unlike its FL counterpart, USH is first and foremost a working studio, and the theme park takes second place. The disadvantage there is, obviously, that the theme park isn't as impressive as many people expect it to be. The advantage is that sometimes you can see/meet some very interesting people/celebrities while you are visiting. The last time we were there, we met Whoopi Goldberg while she was shopping in City Walk. And sometimes you'll catch a glimpse of movies or shows filming, but it may re-route the tour.

Just a suggestion for anyone looking for the candy corn spirit jerseys, there were a bunch in the Grand California gift shop. So if no luck in the parks (although I have seen them for sale everywhere this weekend) you might try to the resorts.

I’ve been reading the mix in time is crazy...should we wait or brave it? We are staying in the Disneyland Hotel so we aren’t coming in Harbor side. We don’t want it miss anything but I’m seeing crazy lines at 2 and wondering if we should wait until 2:30 or 3:00 or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter